Quantcast World Cup 2010!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2010!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking World Cup 2010!

Since no one has started one yet, I guess I'll do it! Match time coming up! Not sure how you guys are, but I am completely stoked for the Cup! So, who do you support (you can support more than 1 team in my opinion)? Who do you think will win it all? Players to watch for the tournament? Most intriguing matchup? Who'll play in the final? Those kinds of questions!!

I, of course, support the U.S. and Spain! I expect a better showing from the U.S. this time as opposed to in 2006. There's no way we'd win it all (I'm realistic), but at least get us to the knockout rounds. But I believe Spain will win it all!

Oh, and did anyone see that a South African Police Chief said that he hopes the U.S. doesn't make it out of the group stage because he doesn't want to have to deal with the security issues that come along with President Obama coming to watch the team play? What a loser!!

So, what ya got?
    "When I think of vacation, I think of Disney. I really do. They allow you just to open up your imagination and just be a kid again. There's nothing like it in the world."

"There's no rest on planetary duty." -Paul Watson

You'll Never Walk Alone - Justice For The 96!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I support England but i dont think we will win it as at the moment our defence is suspect
    England i think will get to th semis ,but it will be either Spain or Brazil to win it in my opinion . The players to watch ... Rooney & Messi

Am looking forward to USA v ENGLAND game though
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Germantown, TN : 824 miles from the Magic
    Post Thanks / Like

I pull for the US and for Germany. I agree that the US does not have a realistic shot at winning, but I do hope they advance to the knockout stage. I think Bradley has done some good work with the team (although he has had his bad moments as well).

I think Germany will advance to the knockout stage and do reasonably well, but I think they will have a tough time winning it all. Several of their players are in good form, but Gomez and Klose have not been on and have not seen much playing time, and Podolski has done nothing at Koln all season. And we now have issues with our keeper. I'm a big fan of FC Bayern Munchen and Jorge Butt has been great for us this season, but I'm not sure about having him between the posts in WC play.

If I had to pick a winner, I'd have a tough time going against either Spain or Brazil, but Argentina (and Messi) may step it up this time.

Can't wait for it all to begin!!
    Late '70s - Contemporary
    04/08 - All-Star Music
    09/08 - All-Star Music
    03/09 - All-Star Music
    09/09 - PORS (F&W Fest)
    10/11 - POP (F&W Fest)

Next Trip -- NOT SOON ENOUGH!!!

My laughin' place is a Doom Buggy!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDER View Post
    Am looking forward to USA v ENGLAND game though
    Did you change your flight?

Go USA! Already planning how much time I'll have to miss from work to watch the USA games.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I'm rooting for the USA and South Africa (I always root for the host ). I'm not too familiar with South African soccer, but I don't think their chances are too good to advance. As for the Americans, I have them winning the group and making the 2nd round of the knockout stage before being beaten by the French. As for a winner, I'm going with the Brazilians in a close one, heck I'll say it, in penalties over the Spaniards.
    -Andy

Many trips to the world!
    Disney College Program alumnus Aug 2011-Jan 2012 Electric Umbrella in Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Did you change your flight?

Go USA! Already planning how much time I'll have to miss from work to watch the USA games.
    No Scar unfortunatley not as it was pre booked .I am hoping to catch the 2nd half at the airport so i can watch England give you lot a good lesson in a game that doesnt involve padding
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously looking forward to June 12 as I have an American wife. I'm going for a 1-1 draw in that game, not because it will keep peace in the house but that England never seem to get off to a winning start in major tournaments and always tend to draw their first game. I have a feeling that this game will be no different.

I hope this World Cup will be better than the last. 2006 World Cup was the worst in my living memory and how Italy won it is beyond belief.

Brazil & Spain will be the favourites. Never rule out the Germans as they always pull it together at a World Cup. I always say if the Dutch can pull together and not fade then they have a good chance.

As for England, yes we have a good chance of winning but in my view we seem to rely too much on Wayne Rooney. If he gets injured or is off form that will be the reason the media will pin on Capello for not winning.

The group of Death containing Brazil, Portugal & Ivory Coast will certainly be the group to look out for.

So sticking my neck out.
    England & USA to qualify from group.
    England knocked out in quarter final like they always do.
    Spain to win the competition overall.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5MemphisTiggers View Post
    If I had to pick a winner, I'd have a tough time going against either Spain or Brazil, but Argentina (and Messi) may step it up this time.
    EDIT re: Argentina: YIKES! Posted before I saw the provisional "team" named by Maradona. Strike that last line!
    Late '70s - Contemporary
    04/08 - All-Star Music
    09/08 - All-Star Music
    03/09 - All-Star Music
    09/09 - PORS (F&W Fest)
    10/11 - POP (F&W Fest)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5MemphisTiggers View Post
    EDIT re: Argentina: YIKES! Posted before I saw the provisional "team" named by Maradona. Strike that last line!
    What! Maradona is the coach of Argentina?!? How is that guy even associated with football anymore?
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

What! Maradona is the coach of Argentina?!? How is that guy even associated with football anymore?
    I'm sure he would claim God had a hand in his appointment to the post.

(Apologies to anyone from the UK for that crack )
    Late '70s - Contemporary
    04/08 - All-Star Music
    09/08 - All-Star Music
    03/09 - All-Star Music
    09/09 - PORS (F&W Fest)
    10/11 - POP (F&W Fest)

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, so, did anyone else see that Jozy Altdore told David Beckham that the U.S. would beat England 3-0!??!? I'm pretty sure he was joking, but WHAT!??!?! I like Jozy and all, but he needs to grow up and learn to not give the opposing team any ammo! Also, my Jozy-grow-up-comment comes from the fact that in his last game with Hull City, he got ejected when he should've just kept his cool and let the OTHER guy get ejected. Man!
    "When I think of vacation, I think of Disney. I really do. They allow you just to open up your imagination and just be a kid again. There's nothing like it in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Davyjones View Post
    Okay, so, did anyone else see that Jozy Altdore told David Beckham that the U.S. would beat England 3-0!??!? I'm pretty sure he was joking, but WHAT!??!?! I like Jozy and all, but he needs to grow up and learn to not give the opposing team any ammo! Also, my Jozy-grow-up-comment comes from the fact that in his last game with Hull City, he got ejected when he should've just kept his cool and let the OTHER guy get ejected. Man!
    Its all good banter ,thats what we love the England v USA games boing to be brilliant .However i dont know if you got the news about security for that game is going to be heavy as its a prime target for "Osama and his mates" ......So sad
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Beckham probably thought he was talking about Ice Hockey

However Altidore didn't exactly set the Premiership alight but having said that he'll probably score the winner just to prove me wrong

Have you heard that England are currently training in Austria at high altitude but are then coming back to Wembley for a friendly. If we are going to play at high altitude in South Africa surely we should be playing the friendlies at high altitude. But Wembley needs the money. Makes no sense to me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Reservoir Dog View Post
    Beckham probably thought he was talking about Ice Hockey

However Altidore didn't exactly set the Premiership alight but having said that he'll probably score the winner just to prove me wrong

Have you heard that England are currently training in Austria at high altitude but are then coming back to Wembley for a friendly. If we are going to play at high altitude in South Africa surely we should be playing the friendlies at high altitude. But Wembley needs the money. Makes no sense to me
    I did see that on Sky sports, Dog. I also saw that Carra is back trying to get into the squad. Not sure how I feel about that one. I think if players decide to retire, they should stay retired. But good luck to him. If Ledley King is healthy and in form, that would help out the squad tremendously. The US-England match is going to be great! I can't wait to skip work that day and watch!

Post Thanks / Like

I did see that on Sky sports, Dog. I also saw that Carra is back trying to get into the squad. Not sure how I feel about that one. I think if players decide to retire, they should stay retired. But good luck to him. If Ledley King is healthy and in form, that would help out the squad tremendously. The US-England match is going to be great! I can't wait to skip work that day and watch!

I've must say I have a few doubts about Capello at the moment. No way should Carragher be in the squad and to make it worse in my view he has come out and said that he will not play for England again after the World Cup. I'm hoping that he will not make the final 23.

Capello had also tried to get Paul Scholes back in the fold but Scholes refused.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know why Freddie Adu hasn't been on the USA roster for a while? Is he just not as good as everyone thought he would be or is there another reason?
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know why Freddie Adu hasn't been on the USA roster for a while? Is he just not as good as everyone thought he would be or is there another reason?
    I wonder if it's due to lack of playing time with his club. He always plays a fairly prominent role with the younger U.S. men's squad, but has yet to truly break through in the Senior squad. I think that Bradley should've had him on the bench this time. And I believe that he can be as good as people thought he would be, but there was no way that he could ever live up to the hype placed on him. And I think he started to believe his own hype himself. I do hope he gets his career back on track because when he's on, Adu is awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Well England looked good against Mexico last night beating them 3-1 ,cant really fault the team as basically it was a makeshift test side
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Not quite sure what to make of the U.S.'s loss to the Czech Reublic last night. I am disappointed, don't get me wrong, but I am not as unhappy as I normally am when we lose. Maybe it's because our normal starters weren't playing and Bradley was testing out other players. Oh well. At least this wasn't the game that counted.

And Onyewu looked slow and lost for the majority of the match. Anxiously awaiting to see who Bradley picks for the Cup squad today!!!

Post Thanks / Like

An unconvincing win against Japan ,but its only a friendly . England name their last 23 today it will be interesting on who he leaves out
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: