Quantcast Ride Wait-Time App for phone

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ride Wait-Time App for phone

Just curious how accurate those ride wait times are on the app for the droid - it's called Ride Hopper and people can enter in the wait time of all the rides at Disney - has anyone used them - if so how accurate are they?

We are going in early June of next year and I want to check in occasionally to the app to see what to expect next year, but I would like to know if anyone using them at the parks has found them to be accurate -
    Thanks -

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the same app and I am curious too. I tend to believe that it is quite accurate as I have watched the wait times during times that we have gone before and they seem to be what we used to wait. I just bought the full version as the lite version you could not use to mark wait times and I wanted to be able to do this when we go in August.

It would be nice to hear from someone that has actually utilized the app while at the Parks.
    1972 - 1995 - Stayed with family or camped
    1996 - 2003 - All Stars
    2004 - Disneyland
    2006 - All Stars
    04/14/07 - Disney's Coronado Springs
    04/19/08 - Disney's Coronado Springs
    05/02/09 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    08/28/10 - Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I have two of them. The free one which is called WDW wait times is very accurate and constantly downloading updates.

I paid for another one and I do not think it is accurate at all. For instance it does not tell you rides that are closed and the times do not seem to change that much. That one is called Lines At Walt Disney World. They are both iphone apps. I leave tomorrow so I will report on just how accurate they are.
    May 03 OKW Apr 14 BWV
    Apr 04 Pop. Oct 14 BWV
    Apr 06 Riverside
    Dec 08 BWV
    Apr 09 SSR
    Nov 09 BWV
    May 10 BCV
    Nov 10 BWV
    May 12 BCV
    Oct 12 BLT
    Apr 13 BWV
    Jun 13 AKL kidani

Post Thanks / Like

We were there in Feb and my husband rated his iphone app for waittimes at Disney 'average' I think they are probably closer the busier it is... It all depends on how many people are logging on and reporting the time.
    Jill

14 visits (WDW)
    Offsite: Caribe Royale,Best Western
    On: POFQ, CBR, BC, WL, Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

I will be there in 8 days and plan on using our iphone apps. We have two. I will report back and let you know how accurate they are.
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I'll look for the update. A lot of the wait time updates look like they're usually an hour or so since the update.

Post Thanks / Like

so do you all know if any of these apps are available for the blackberry?
    Proud dad of Olivia Mei Grace, adopted from China July 2006
    Disney Marathon 2004
    Disney Half Marathon 2010
    Goofy Challenge 2011

Post Thanks / Like

leaving tomorrow

That said, I plan on using Lines It is available for Palm (LOVE my palm and it's multi-app capabilities!), Android, iphone, and Blackberry....probably a couple others, but I do remember those. I found it at a website about Disney touring plans and it's getting very good press.

I've played around with it a bit and love it so far. Current wait times, parade and firework schedules, crowd levels at each park, EMH and special events are listed, and i is all very basic and easy to access. I will report back at some point on accuracy and let you all know how well the app works.

must go finish packing
    Wife of one Handsome Prince
    Mother to Ariel, Tinker Bell, and twin Mulans

Planning is half the fun!

Post Thanks / Like

I will check it out...
    Okay - I just did, WDW lines (on Droid) looks like it uses stats along with user input? But it's also 9 dollars for to subscribe for the year. The info on the rides I was allowed to see on the free version of WDW lines was different from Ride Hopper. Ride Hopper had Pooh at a 60 minute wait, Astro Orbiters at 20, and Haunted Mansion at 30, while WDW lines had them at 49, 37, and 29 minutes respectively. That's a 10 minute difference at Pooh, and HM was essentially the same, but that's about a 20 minute difference at AO, and that's where it makes a difference waiting in line with small kids. Thanks to anyone who is going or who is there who can give their input on these different apps.

Post Thanks / Like

We used the free WDW Wait Times on our iphone and checked it several times two weeks ago. We found it was pretty accurate!
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

I used the iPhone "WDW Wait Times" App when I was in the World during Spring Break. Fairly accurate but it is dependent on guest imput (not tied in to the actual Disney wait time computer).
    POR 3/2006
    GF 12/2010
    CSR 3/2011
    DLH 6/2012, 6/2013
    POFQ 3/2007, 4/2008, 12/2008, 3/2010, 10/2011, 4/2013, 3/2015, 5/2017
    BC 3/2014
    AKL 9/2015, 5/2018
    BW 9/2017

Post Thanks / Like

Is there an official Disney wait time computer to hook up to? I have droid service, so I haven't seen the WDW wait time app for droid, yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dinahvixen View Post
    Is there an official Disney wait time computer to hook up to? I have droid service, so I haven't seen the WDW wait time app for droid, yet.
    You can go to the Disney mobile website at m.disneyworld.go.com (hopefully I won't get a slap on the wrist for putting an external link here because it's an official Disney website).

This will give you some good details about hours, parade times, and SOME info on wait times, although it's not specific. The wait times say either see now, moderate, or crowded (crowded may not be the exact phrase).

It's a good tool, but not too specific about wait times, AND it's free!
    Proud dad of Olivia Mei Grace, adopted from China July 2006
    Disney Marathon 2004
    Disney Half Marathon 2010
    Goofy Challenge 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I'll check it out...

Post Thanks / Like

We used WDW Wait Times on DH's iphone during Thanksgiving week and over all it was mostly accurate. This app does depend on user input so we found at the end of the night, when there weren't many people in the parks anymore, many of the times were way off. Like an attraction would have a wait time of 50 minutes listed, but it was actually only a 10 minute wait. However, when the times were way off these times hadn't been updated, according to the app, in hours. It was good enough for us since it was a free app.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I had never seen the mobile website for Disneyworld...it is great!
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back and I have to say, I am impressed with "Lines" overall.

It gives you a daily crowd forcast so you can go to the best bet park for less crowds, listings of extra magic hours, and the wait times for rides. It updates when a ride is closed temporarily due to rain or whatnot. Also, when there aren't people submitting wait times (it is user submitted) it uses past data to forcast a wait time and we found these to be fairly accurate. Also, it had an hourly forcast of what the wait times would be throughout the day.

Another handy thing that we used more than I though was that it told if a ride was giving out fast passes, what time those were currently issued for, and it gave a forcast for when they would be depleted for the day.

I would say it was well worth the $9. I did have a discount code, but I would pay full price to have all this at my fingertips.
    Wife of one Handsome Prince
    Mother to Ariel, Tinker Bell, and twin Mulans

Planning is half the fun!

Post Thanks / Like

For any phone with a mobile internet browser, there is a moble web page sponsored by Disney. I found it to be pretty accurate for wait times and for all of the latest stuff. I like reading it when I'm not there... makes me feel like I know what's going on.

http://m.disneyworld.go.com
    DVC Owner: BCV in 2002 & AKV in 2008
    18 visits home between 2000 and 2014
    Next up:
    AKV in September 2014
    BCV in December 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back and we used WDW wait times. It was very accurate! I like it better than the other app lines.
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: