Quantcast Mnsshp

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mnsshp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mnsshp

Hi everyone!

Any new characters rumored to appear this year for the MNSSHP? Or is it statis quo like usual?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

i was just wondering the same thing. hopefully we'll see some different characters this year!
    POR 10/13, DL Hotel 9/13, Poly 1/13
    CB 10/12
    Poly 1/12
    POR 10/11
    POFQ 5/11
    Poly 1/11
    GF 11/10
    POFQ 5/10
    Poly 1/10
    WL 10/09
    WL 6/09
    AKL1/09
    CB 7/08
    CS 5/08
    Pop 4/08
    CB 10/07 &12/07
    Yacht Club 07
    POFQ 06
    POFQ 05
    POR 04
    ASM 03
    ASM 00
    AS Movies 99
    OffSite 97
    AS Sports 96

Post Thanks / Like

Who knows? Maybe we'll find Dr. Facilier and his friends from "the other side" this year!

Post Thanks / Like

i would love to meet Jack and Sally!

Post Thanks / Like

Heard a rumor on another board that, Tarzan will no longer be doing meets at the party and that Mowgli will be taking his place.....thoughts anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

i've never met mowgli before so it's always great to me to meet someone new. and i do think it's time to make some changes to the halloween party, so this is good news to me.
    CB 10/12
    Poly 1/12
    POR 10/11
    POFQ 5/11
    Poly 1/11
    GF 11/10
    POFQ 5/10
    Poly 1/10
    WL 10/09
    WL 6/09
    AKL1/09
    CB 7/08
    CS 5/08
    Pop 4/08
    CB 10/07 &12/07
    Yacht Club 07
    POFQ 06
    POFQ 05
    POR 04
    ASM 03
    ASM 00
    AS Movies 99
    OffSite 97
    AS Sports 96

Post Thanks / Like

You guys know I have been railing about this for years. If they charge $50 for entrance and promise something unique it should always be changing year to year.

There need to be some changes to the parties for sure.. It has largely been the exact same event for more than 6 years except they keep taking away characters.

The reason for hope is this....I have always been told the parties (and characters there in) were not changed because people like me just come to them too often. The parties are designed for the occasional park guest who visits no more than twice a decade.

However if a guest came twice this decade they would see the same Holloween party at this point. So time for overhaul is at hand!

-Make the Alice trail something different for sure. Make it a villains trail
    -Change the villains in the stage show.
    -Give us a new dance party experiance.
    -MORE RARE characters! Put them in random places like the old days!

Anyways it has been a couple of years since I ranted on this so...i feel better now.
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Greenlawler.....

I totally agree...they certainly need to change this up. We are attending this year, only because my daughter will be old enough to do the trick or treating part....otherwise, it is almost becoming a waste of time because it never changes.....is it really that difficult to switch a characters costume for another? Do they really think that people won't know who the character is or that they don't want to see them?? At least they periodically change Mickey/Minnie's outfit so it is a different pic...I also agree they need more villians involved with this....isn't that the point of a halloween party? I just don't understand why a character can be in a parade but can't be available for meet's.......

Post Thanks / Like

i agree with all - if they would just put some of the parade characters out for meet and greets that would be a huge help to all of the character meeting fans. there are tons in the halloween parade that i would love to meet.
    CB 10/12
    Poly 1/12
    POR 10/11
    POFQ 5/11
    Poly 1/11
    GF 11/10
    POFQ 5/10
    Poly 1/10
    WL 10/09
    WL 6/09
    AKL1/09
    CB 7/08
    CS 5/08
    Pop 4/08
    CB 10/07 &12/07
    Yacht Club 07
    POFQ 06
    POFQ 05
    POR 04
    ASM 03
    ASM 00
    AS Movies 99
    OffSite 97
    AS Sports 96

Post Thanks / Like

I am very pleased that according to the rumors that Dr. Facilier (sp?) will be at the parties, as well as possibly Mowgli, very nice

I still contend like DisneyFreak1313 said "how hard is it to replace a character?" I understand the parade and the shows, but even they need some changes or tweeks. With the Pirate and Princess parties going away, why not add the Mermaid characters dance party?

I submit to you the facts....

2004 The year before our first MNSSHP there were random villains placed throughout Main Street and Town Square. As well as random characters all over the parks. That was taken away.

2005; Our first party, the next year all the Alice characters were on the trail, Big Bad Wolf was in the Villains show, There were characters next to the train station. The Country Bears were all greeting. These were in additon to the characters who are regulars at the MNSSHP...of whom only Tarzan, Jane and Terk could not have been seen earlier that day at MK.

2006: The next year Wolf was gone, as were the train station characters, Donald was even removed from meeting and placed in a dance party and no Country Bears...On a positive note Apu was added.

2007: No changes at all

2008: Alice characters were cut down, they all still apeared but not at every party, on the majority of nights Mr. Walrus did not appear. Tarzan was not around on a few nights. On the positive side the Tremaine's were added.

2009: Mr. Walrus removed, no character additions, a few floats were added to the Parade .

2010: Rumors are Mowgli and Facilier are coming, but it is also rumored that Tarzan, Jane, and Terk, plus the Princes will be gone.

I know Rattigan, Shan Yu, Big Bad, the 3 Pigs, and loads of other rarities are lurking unseen in some holding pattern underneath Disney. I just don't get why they do not let them out.

Plus its just not the characters, its been the same villains show for 5 years and the parade, and fireworks. Oh well off the podium I will merely go and enjoy myself, but in the back of my mind I will be thinking...."man this could be so much cooler".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlawler View Post
    2006: The next year Wolf was gone, as were the train station characters, Donald was even removed from meeting and placed in a dance party and no Country Bears...On a positive note Apu was added.
    The Bears were back though in 2007 and 2008. I have pictures with them during the party in Frontierland.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badkitty View Post
    The Bears were back though in 2007 and 2008. I have pictures with them during the party in Frontierland.
    You sure it was not MVMCP? I am pretty positive 2008 there were no Bears unless you caught a rare night. Of course you have pics so I stand corrected.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it certainly would be exciting if Dr. Facilier did appear this year....I did hear that Mowgli would be replacing Tarzan, but there is no confirmation on that yet, obviously. Is there someone "in the know" who could help clear this up for us? Not that you aren't Greenlawler, I certainly appreciate all your "digging" around!

I do agree, I would LOVE to see Pain and Panic out for greets, since they are on the villain float for the parade, why can't I meet them!!!

Post Thanks / Like

No offense I am not an insider I only know insiders.....From the last I heard from them, Facilier is a deffinate, and Mowgli is a rumor.

Post Thanks / Like

I know Rattigan, Shan Yu, Big Bad, the 3 Pigs, and loads of other rarities are lurking unseen in some holding pattern underneath Disney. I just don't get why they do not let them out.

Rattigan?!!! Now he would be worth a plane ride down to meet him!
    CB 10/12
    Poly 1/12
    POR 10/11
    POFQ 5/11
    Poly 1/11
    GF 11/10
    POFQ 5/10
    Poly 1/10
    WL 10/09
    WL 6/09
    AKL1/09
    CB 7/08
    CS 5/08
    Pop 4/08
    CB 10/07 &12/07
    Yacht Club 07
    POFQ 06
    POFQ 05
    POR 04
    ASM 03
    ASM 00
    AS Movies 99
    OffSite 97
    AS Sports 96

Post Thanks / Like

I am very pleased that according to the rumors that Dr. Facilier (sp?) will be at the parties, as well as possibly Mowgli, very nice

I still contend like DisneyFreak1313 said "how hard is it to replace a character?" I understand the parade and the shows, but even they need some changes or tweeks. With the Pirate and Princess parties going away, why not add the Mermaid characters dance party?

I submit to you the facts....

2004 The year before our first MNSSHP there were random villains placed throughout Main Street and Town Square. As well as random characters all over the parks. That was taken away.

2005; Our first party, the next year all the Alice characters were on the trail, Big Bad Wolf was in the Villains show, There were characters next to the train station. The Country Bears were all greeting. These were in additon to the characters who are regulars at the MNSSHP...of whom only Tarzan, Jane and Terk could not have been seen earlier that day at MK.

2007: No changes at all

2008: Alice characters were cut down, they all still apeared but not at every party, on the majority of nights Mr. Walrus did not appear. Tarzan was not around on a few nights. On the positive side the Tremaine's were added.

2009: Mr. Walrus removed, no character additions, a few floats were added to the Parade .

2010: Rumors are Mowgli and Facilier are coming, but it is also rumored that Tarzan, Jane, and Terk, plus the Princes will be gone.

Plus its just not the characters, its been the same villains show for 5 years and the parade, and fireworks. Oh well off the podium I will merely go and enjoy myself, but in the back of my mind I will be thinking...."man this could be so much cooler".
    I'm with you. It should be a night about the villains-and the rare characters. I went once, and refuse to revisit after hearing stories. I hate how all meet and greets are scheduled, and rehearsed these days. They all have schedules, and time slots. I was in WDW in June, and you had to line up for 45 minutes, the CM would close of the line, the characters would meet those in line, leave, and be back in an hour. I did appreciate the actors though. As the stepsisters/mother were walking to their area, they interacted with guests and Alice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by everyonesmadhere View Post
    I'm with you. It should be a night about the villains-and the rare characters. I went once, and refuse to revisit after hearing stories. I hate how all meet and greets are scheduled, and rehearsed these days. They all have schedules, and time slots. I was in WDW in June, and you had to line up for 45 minutes, the CM would close of the line, the characters would meet those in line, leave, and be back in an hour. I did appreciate the actors though. As the stepsisters/mother were walking to their area, they interacted with guests and Alice.
    Well I have tried to do my part, with the exception of boycoting (I am not THAT upset). However I have written a few letters, and posted on just about every message board my opinion on this. One time I was engaged in heated debate on another web site. The fact is that Disney really should change the party but its much easier not to. They know people will come.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I have tried to do my part, with the exception of boycoting (I am not THAT upset). However I have written a few letters, and posted on just about every message board my opinion on this. One time I was engaged in heated debate on another web site. The fact is that Disney really should change the party but its much easier not to. They know people will come.
    I can honestly say there is almost no pleasure in meeting characters anymore. They are all common, all timed, and all in the same areas. The most random meet and greet in June was Mary Poppins....come on Disney!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by everyonesmadhere View Post
    I can honestly say there is almost no pleasure in meeting characters anymore. They are all common, all timed, and all in the same areas. The most random meet and greet in June was Mary Poppins....come on Disney!
    I agree 100%. I do still like the challenge of finding that rare gem. We have always found at least one new character every time we go down there, but sometimes its only the most recent new arrival.
    Over 1000 characters are lurking down there and yet only 70 or so are out. Of which 65 are your typical same old same olds. Funny thing is that we will see Gepetto, Timon and Rafiki multiple times in different places. Why????? Can't they simply use one Rafiki and one Robin Hood instead of two Rafiki's? Or one Gepetto and one Shan Yu, instead of having multiple Gepettos? I get the multiple Donald's, Goffy's, or Mickey's but not other marginal characters.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree 100%. I do still like the challenge of finding that rare gem. We have always found at least one new character every time we go down there, but sometimes its only the most recent new arrival.
    Over 1000 characters are lurking down there and yet only 70 or so are out. Of which 65 are your typical same old same olds. Funny thing is that we will see Gepetto, Timon and Rafiki multiple times in different places. Why????? Can't they simply use one Rafiki and one Robin Hood instead of two Rafiki's? Or one Gepetto and one Shan Yu, instead of having multiple Gepettos? I get the multiple Donald's, Goffy's, or Mickey's but not other marginal characters.

I agree with you very much! To me the most rare character I saw last trip was Prince Eric, except now that he's out daily he's not so rare anymore..... :/
    Just call me Jen ;)

2/11-8/11: WDWCP DHS Attractions - GMR
    Current - GMR/JTA/Star Tours

Previous Trips:
    10/21/10-10/24/10 - Halloween Party
    9/10/10-9/12/10 - Tink Weekend :D
    6/23/10-6/30/10
    March 2010
    March 2009
    10/24/08 - 10/25/08
    August, 2007
    Many, Many more....