Quantcast Photopass Stinks!!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Photopass Stinks!!!

I have always been a photopass fan. I use it on every trip and always return home and buy the cd. Well this year I purchased the cd before our trip and really wished I hadn't. Most of the pictures are horrible! I am talking half of my kids bodies cut off, pictures being washed out (use of flash when there shouldnt have been), and even characters heads cut off. Some are blurry too. But the biggest disaapointment was the magic pictures. For example in several magic pictures my kids aren't there, just a blue background and stich, or balloons. In other pictures my kids are there but the graphics aren't. And as far as tinkerbell in your hand goes, well what a joke that has become. She is now so tiny you can barely see her! I am really frustrated and upset that the photographers did such a horrible job taking pictures this year! I told my dh that next year I am not even going to bother with photopass, I will just take my own picture.
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

And just last night when I looked at our Photopass pics, I thought the quality was much better, overall, than pics that were taken last year! Sorry you had a bad experience!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We had a great experience too...what I loved the most was being able to view the pictures during the trip (either over the netbook we brought, or in the lobby of the resort) and if any didn't come out as expected, we just went back to the spot and tried again! Voila!

Sorry you were disappointed.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry that it was awful!

Can't you get your money back from the CD, since you aren't satisfied in the least? I would most certainly let them know about the lousy pictures.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Mine were horrible this year too!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. I 'm really sorry yours turned out so badly.

I've found I usually have about 85% turn out well, the other 15% not so good. They just can't seem to get good sharpness and color at night in front of Spaceship Earth. I make sure I hold totally still, but we're still so blurry.

I also find they have a hard time with exposure on Main Street, mostly when it's a day where it's party cloudy. You're either blown out, or too dark. That's where Photoshop and Lightroom (especially Lightroom) are a must.

If yours turned out so badly, they will probably be willing to give you a refund on the CD, or at least a partial refund. Good luck in whatever you choose to do.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    Can't you get your money back from the CD, since you aren't satisfied in the least?
    Yes, you can get your money back on a prepaid CD. I prepaid the CD for my last trip, but my toddler would not cooperate for pictures. So we only had about 5 pictures taken the whole trip. So after I returned home I requested a refund and promptly received it.
    80s: Poly X 2, LBR X 3;
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    DL - Grand Californian 3/06
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10
    BLT @ the CR, 9/09, 12/10 - Daddy-Daughter Trip

Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, and 3/11

Post Thanks / Like

We did PP just last August and we discussed it for our upcoming trip next week. I found that PP wass an exceptional deal. The pictures varied depending on the photographer. We only had two pictures in almost 300 taken that were low quality. I would say for us that was a good deal. I just hated waiting for the photographers. Sorry it didn't turn out for you, but I would try to get a refund. You'll never know until you ask.
    1965*, 1972, 1980, 1986, 1992, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004 Disneyland ** Aug 2009 25th Wedding Anniversary, 2010 (June), 2012

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you took some pics of your own. It did notice new photogs. We have only glanced at ours but I did comment on the amount of floor and sky in them.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: