Quantcast Wizarding World of Harry Potter Opens! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess is if you were pumped about it - so would be your son (esp. at age 9). Me with 13 and 15 year olds (who love disney) wanted to ride this new ride after hearing how good it is... and then having a wife who loves the books doesn't hurt either.

BTW, I am sure we will make it over to Disney and I for one would like to see MSEP again (though wife is a bigger Spectro fan) - but in the past, it would have been reversed. This time out, we'll probably spend equal or more time at US. That's a huge shift.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's my :

I've been to the Orlando area many times in my life, a few times didn't even go to WDW. I've never, ever had any desire to go to Universal... still don't.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    My guess is if you were pumped about it - so would be your son (esp. at age 9).
    I was kinda excited when videos from previews were put up on youtube. He also listens to podcasts where it was hyped up. It just doesn't seem to be as big of a deal to him. Last time I was watching some videos, he was already so familiar that he was explaining it all to us (the parents). Still, he never said a peep about wanting to go. Knowing we're going to be in Orlando for 4 days, if he really wanted to go he would've at least asked if we could go.

When he heard about Captain EO and MSEP, he ASKED if we could go to WDW. My little girls ASKED if they could go to WDW to see those things.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Here's my :

I've been to the Orlando area many times in my life, a few times didn't even go to WDW. I've never, ever had any desire to go to Universal... still don't.
    To each their own.

Join the line of Disney fans have to comment on how they either don't care or who will never visit. Happens all the time in the theme park forum. It's not about direct comparisons. It's about appreciating what they are. Much like I really enjoy SeaWorld as well as a world class theme park.

Missing these parks - you passing up something that in many ways is just as interesting and imaginative as the product Disney sells. The attention to detail, the theming, the attractions are all there.

Anyone who is a huge WDW fan at least owes it to themself to check out IOA and US once.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone who is a huge WDW fan at least owes it to themself to check out IOA and US once.
    I very much agree. More important than just visiting it though, is also having an open mind when you're actually there.

People should try it at least once, but keep the height requirements in mind if you have children on the trip. Being at IOA with small children pretty much limits you to Seuss Landing.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I'm not saying I would never go, just don't have any desire to. And I certainly won't be going anytime soon with those crowds and when I do go it will definately not be because of some popular kids book that I have no interest in whatsoever. Seuss Land sounds more apealling to me (as I loved Dr. Seuss as a kid.)
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Seuss Land sounds more apealling to me (as I loved Dr. Seuss as a kid.)
    Seuss Landing was very well done. Prior to the opening of the Wizarding World thing, it was hands down the best themed area over there. It is also about twice as large as the Wizarding World, from what I have heard.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my :

I'm with Scar on this one. There is a magic about WDW that other parks don't have (and I've been from coast to coast) that's what keeps use going back.

However, I'm glad that there is a choice for those who don't think like I do
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Mode View Post
    I'm with Scar on this one. There is a magic about WDW that other parks don't have (and I've been from coast to coast) that's what keeps use going back.

However, I'm glad that there is a choice for those who don't think like I do
    Have you been to IOA? Just curious.

Post Thanks / Like

I was one of the ones who was never interested in going to US/IoA. However, I went with my roomates- and was hooked. I ended up getting an AP, and now I go all the time.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    I was one of the ones who was never interested in going to US/IoA. However, I went with my roomates- and was hooked. I ended up getting an AP, and now I go all the time.
    Actually, I have to admit - I was there too at one point about 5-6 years ago and finally went. Have been going as well since and have held AP's a number of years.

Post Thanks / Like

You can disagree (this is a discussion board after all and one sided opinions make for dull reading) but this is a huge deal and people I keep contact with at Disney know it.

Universal has really geared up the PR machine and they have a solid product that can definately steal vacation days from Disney visitors.

Indeed, we'll see in the months and year ahead.

Just as an example however, my wife has INSISTED we go to Universal this summer specifically because of the Harry Potter attraction - and in fact is leaning towards us staying at a Universal Resort for the first time ever.

Now, I can't imagine she's the only one.....
    John,
    I agree with you completely....and your wife...she isnt the only one! We are booked there this summer too!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Next time I go to Orlando, I WILL be visiting IOA. And, I will stay onsite there for at LEAST two nighs for FoL priviledges. US, I cannot stand, but IOA rocks!!! I also like CIty Walk. It's got better dining than DtD.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say, I have two teenage boys, ages 14 and 17, who are die hard Disney fans. They love it as much as I do, and that says A LOT! But... we are planning a trip for Christmas, and they said their #1 reason for going is for Harry Potter land! They just HAVE to go there! Yes they've read the books, and yes they love the movies. And yes, we are staying onsite for the early entry priviledges/front of the line passes (Those are like gold!). Now granted, we do usually add Universal/IOA onto our trip anyway- we just really enjoy those parks as well. They are different from Disney, but very well done, and just so much fun in my opinion. But this brings it to a whole new level for my boys. I'm glad the new ride is getting such good reviews. We just can't wait!
    ~Lisa~

WDW trips:
    April, 1991- Honeymoon-offsite
    Nov.1992-offsite
    Nov.1995-offsite
    April 2001-offsite
    Dec. 2004-Wilderness Lodge, AS Sports
    Aug. 2007- offsite
    Mar 2008- AS Movies
    Dec. 2008- Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2010-AS Movies, CBR
    Aug. 2011- Beach Club
    Mar. 2012- AS Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymom4ever View Post
    And yes, we are staying onsite for the early entry priviledges/front of the line passes (Those are like gold!).
    I thought I read that the front on line passes weren't valid at HP. Is that true? We were thinking of adding days to our vacation to go to US, but heard that the passes weren't good for this area, so would wait for it to calm down. Can anyone confirm/deny?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eam View Post
    I thought I read that the front on line passes weren't valid at HP. Is that true? We were thinking of adding days to our vacation to go to US, but heard that the passes weren't good for this area, so would wait for it to calm down. Can anyone confirm/deny?
    A lot of information is contradictory right now, from what I have heard/read. The most common thing I have seen is that FOTL can only be used once per day for The Forbidden Journey. Those of you booking trips specifically to get FOTL for Potter area stuff would do well to confirm this before throwing down a lot of money just for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you been to IOA? Just curious.
    Nope, we did turn around in the parking lot in January when we got lost....I think I was navigating...oops!

I have looked them up on the web; and although I love park rides, that's not what keeps us going back to WDW. Seems like when we're there everyone just relaxes and forgets about the outside world.

Now, if you're looking for thrill rides...might I suggest Cedar Point?
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

We are a family that has LOVED Disney and will continue to do so for many, many years. However, a week at Disney is too much for our older kids (11 and 13). And our 13 year old is a die hard HP fan. So this is easy -- we'll spend 5 days at Disney on site and then 3 at Universal (staying on site). Our first trip to US as a family - we can't wait! The main reason we haven't gone before now is our 11 year old is not a thrill ride guy. We took him to Busch Gardens and he wouldn't ride anything, making us feel like we wasted our $$! Now that he is a bit more bold, as well as older, we think the timing is right!
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

As a kid, we went to US in CA many times when we took our annual Disneyland trips. I went to US in Orlando over 20 years ago. IOA wasn't there yet. I have an AP to WDW so the trips to Orlando are always to WDW since I want "to get my money's worth". I say I want to try IOA but never get there. Now that there is Harry Potter, the desire has kicked up a notch. I'm trying to get a trip together and I will definitely be including US. And yes, I'm still a Disney fan.

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly don't care if Front of the Line priviledges extend to HP land or not. The main reason why I want that is so I can spend LESS time in the REST of IOA waiting in lines, so I can have enough time to fully explore HP Land. I still love the Hulk coaster, Spiderman, Dr. Doom's, etc. I couldn't visit IOA without doing up all the thrill rides. I wouldn't go *just* for HP land...

I also assume that any stipulations to the FoL program regarding HP land will be lifted after the initial madness surrounding its opening. I am not planning on getting back to Orlando for at least a year from now.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: