Quantcast Luxury Pet Resort Now Accepting Reservations

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Luxury Pet Resort Now Accepting Reservations

Luxury Pet Resort to Open at Walt Disney World Resort
    New vacation destination for pets is now accepting reservations

Walt Disney World Resort Press Release
    June 24, 2010

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Pet lovers visiting Walt Disney World Resort can now plan to board the family pet in fun, luxurious new accommodations. Reservations are being accepted for pet boarding stays beginning Aug. 27, 2010, for the new Best Friends Pet Care Resort.

The one-of-a-kind resort comprises more than 50,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor space, including 17,000 square feet of air-conditioned indoor space, 10,000 square feet of covered outdoor runs and play areas, and an expansive private dog park exclusively for the use of pet resort clients and their dogs.

The facility will accommodate up to 270 dogs and 30 cats for both daytime and overnight boarding. A wide selection of suite choices for dogs includes air-conditioned indoor rooms,
    48-square-foot indoor-outdoor suites, and four expansive VIP (very important pet) suites with television, raised bedding and private outdoor yards.

Feline guests will spend their visit in the separate “Kitty City” pavilion away from the dogs in two- and four-room condos. All suites and condos are designed to provide comfort and privacy and will be cleaned daily with hospital-grade disinfectants.

“Best Friends has long been the industry leader for boarding, and this will be our crown jewel. We’ve taken the ‘best of breed’ in every category to create the perfect environment for pets,”said Dennis Dolan, president and CEO of Best Friends Pet Care. “Our goal is to ensure that pets staying with us have a fun, action-packed vacation – just like their families vacationing at Walt Disney World.”

The resort’s exclusive dog park features a fenced walking trail bordering the natural wetlands around the park. Inside the trail, guests can choose from a variety of different play areas, including a 3,300-square-foot area covered in artificial turf, a 4,500-square-foot area with shade trees and a 1,300-square-foot “canines only” water park. There are several large areas for owners to sit, relax and watch their dogs play.
    The entire park is secured from outsiders and is illuminated for use after dark.

Other features of the resort include: a grooming salon, which will provide go-home-fresh baths and haircuts for pets; two 1,100-square-foot “camp rooms” for play group and doggy day camp, each opening onto an outdoor play-yard; and a special facility for the boarding of “pocket pets,” such as hamsters, guinea pigs, rabbits and ferrets.

Pet parents can choose from a wide range of a la carte activities for pet guests from one-on-one playtimes and social playgroup with other doggy guests, to cuddle time and bedtime stories with staff. Additional amenities and upgrades include Ice Cream Treats, Bottled Water and Premium/Orthopedic Bedding. Feline guests can also enjoy private playtimes, activity toys in their suites and treats such as Cookies and Milk or Tuna on a Ritz.

The pet resort is located across from Disney’s Port Orleans Resort at 2510 Bonnet Creek Parkway in Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830. Pricing and other details are available at wdw.bestfriendspetcare.com or by calling 877/4-WDW-PETS.

About Best Friend Pet Care

Best Friends Pet Care Inc. (bestfriendspetcare.com) is a long-time leader in the U.S. pet hospitality industry, providing high-quality boarding for dogs and cats as well as day care, grooming, training and related services. Founded in 1991, the Company redefined pet boarding in 1996 with the opening of its first full-service pet resort in Norwalk, Conn. Since that time, Best Friends has expanded to more than 40 pet care centers in 18 states, always innovating and providing new offerings based upon the needs of pets and feedback from clients. The company currently operates the five boarding kennels at Walt Disney World Resort, which will be phased out with the opening of the new pet resort.

Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

OMG! It's by Port Orleans ?!?!

I better not be able to hear barking dogs all day/night or my days at POFQ are over!!
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Terk24 Guest

Reading this...I kept saying seriously?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EeyoresBestFriend View Post

I better not be able to hear barking dogs all day/night or my days at POFQ are over!!
    It's not that close. It's in the vicinity. Also, I've dealt with Best Friends through the old DIsney kennels. They are very nice and obviously love animals. This is definitely a place I would feel good about leaving my dog.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly don't know who would use this?? If you head down to FL by plane, why would you bring rover?? if you drive down, same question?? truth be known...I kind of LIKE the vacation from my dog too. of course I miss him the whole time i'm away but it's nice to not have to walk him for a week, or get up early with him...etc etc.

I can just imagine the cost of this...oouch people must really love their pets....(or not care about money)

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great!
    Does anyone know their 'bully breed' policy?
    I have a pit mix and would love for him to be able to stay there - some doggie hotels have discriminatory breed restrictions..
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson The Lab View Post
    I honestly don't know who would use this?? If you head down to FL by plane, why would you bring rover?? if you drive down, same question?? truth be known...I kind of LIKE the vacation from my dog too. of course I miss him the whole time i'm away but it's nice to not have to walk him for a week, or get up early with him...etc etc.

I can just imagine the cost of this...oouch people must really love their pets....(or not care about money)
    I was thinking the same thing. I just don't get it. We are staying at Port Orleans in four weeks and Guest Services better hope that I do not hear one bark while I'm on my vacation or I will come unglued.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it's close enough that you would hear anything. And although I believe in leaving my pets home, there are a lot of folks who do travel with theirs, especially snowbirds who bring their pets for the winter. These types of places are springing up all over and I would have put my dog in one if the price was reasonable enough. I paid a fortune for a kennel that was nothing more than a dog crate in a room full of other dog crates stacked on top of each other. I would have gladly paid a little more for her comfort.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terk24 View Post
    Reading this...I kept saying seriously?
    Same. It sounds kind of ridiculous.
    My laughin' place is a doom buggy

12 times at the world and counting!
    Next trip: June 20 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I just went over to their website and the rate they are charging for a cat for boarding is only $3.00 a day more than when we boarded ours in April at our local vet. And believe me he did not get a 2 room condo. I think I'll take the time when we are down in Nov. to go over and take a look as I'm curious as to just what a 2 room condo is. Two cages on top of each other? Or truely something nice?
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

The idea of boarding animals at WDW isn't new folks, they're just letting letting the pros do it now. Remember, there are a lot of people in driving distance of WDW who would find it easy to take the dog and not worry about them at all.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome!
    It's time to remember the magic!

Post Thanks / Like

Does this mean Disney is closing down their kennels?
    Nov 1973 - OS
    Apr 1982 - OS
    Jan 2001 - ASM
    Dec 2001 - ASSp
    Jan 2002 - CBR
    Jan 2003 - CBR
    Dec 2003 - AKL
    Jan 2005 - CBR
    Jan 2006 - CBR/AKL
    Dec 2006 - CBR/OS/POFQ
    Oct 2007 - ASSp/CBR
    Jan 2009 - CBR/AKL
    Jan 2010 - POR/AKL
    Jan 2012 - CBR
    Jan 2013 - CBR
    Feb 2015 - GF
    Feb 2016 - GF

Post Thanks / Like

If it wasn't such a long drive with the dog, might would rather do this than leave her in the Vet. I'm sure the conditions are much better.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey 101 View Post
    Does this mean Disney is closing down their kennels?
    The release stated that the kennels would be phased out. I am rather disappointed in this because I like to visit my dog during the day and it is easy when he is just at the front of the park. Now it will be a journey to get there. Will they have bus service to the new facility?

I have seen where it is located and all you so worried with angry faces that you will hear dogs barking need not to worry. It is quite a distance away. The noise from the buses and your neighbor's TV would be louder.

Post Thanks / Like

Just to keep things in perspective,

...48-square-foot indoor-outdoor suites...
    is a whopping 6 ft x 8 ft. That's no different than the few kennels that I'm familiar with. Of course we're on Disney property now so they're called "suites."

Sounds suspiciously familiar to how a room that would be standard anywhere else becomes 'deluxe' when at Disney.

I suppose it's better than some kennels, but in the end it's just a kennel, dressed up with lots of flowery words.

Post Thanks / Like

We have one of these on the NJ/NY border where I live and it is very very nice.
    CBR (Martinique Bldg 25): April 2006
    CBR (Jamaica Bldg 45): October 2007
    POR (Alligator Bayou 18): March/April 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2011
    POFQ: September 2013
    POFQ: September 2015

Post Thanks / Like

i love the idea of disney having a nice kennel on property, this works out good for us.

We have an 8 hour drive to WDW and when we board our dog here at home, we have to board him for our travel days. So by doing this, it saves us money in the long run by the amount of time he has to get boarded. Our other option is for him to stay at my parents house when we are out of town, they live 45 mins north of us, so to drop him off or pick him up adds another hour and half to our trip.

It's a convenience thing for us.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EeyoresBestFriend View Post

Seems like you stayed down there while they were building it. It was in construction at least in March. It is sooo far away from Riverside that FQ will be even be further. while on the buses from POR and POFQ you can see it, but no possible way you will hear anything. Like someone said --you will hear the neighbors/buses before the kennel.
    1974 Off Site
    1975 Off Site
    1985 Off Site
    1989 Off site
    1994 Off Site
    2000 Dixie Landings
    Mar 2007 POR
    Mar 2008 POR
    Nov 2008 CSR
    Mar 2009 POP
    Mar/Apr 2010-POR
    Jun 2010--POR
    Mar 2011--All Star Sports
    Aug 2011-All Star Sports
    Dec 2012-POR
    Feb 2014-POR
    2015-POR
    2016-POR

Post Thanks / Like

Is the doggie-water park going to have water slides? Will the poor chihuahuas not make the height restrictions?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: