Quantcast This just in: The Magic Kingdom is boring - Page 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Magic Kingdom is our families favorite, is is always the first and last park we visit. We love Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom, but the Magic Kingdom is special and I understand some people don't get it. My 3 sons are 16, 14 and 9 and all love the MK. Just this trip in July I asked what rides we should do first and my 16 year old son said Peter Pan, the 14 year old said Splash Mountaina and my 9 year old said Pirates. I am so glad they get the Magic Kingdom
    Sean
    So many Happy Trips!

6/30/12 through 7/10/12 Fort Wilderness!

12/27/11 through 1/4/12 Fort Wilderness!

12/27/10 thorugh 1/4/11 Fort Wilderness!

7/1/10 through 7/14/10 Fort Wilderness!

12/27/09 through 1/4/10 Fort Wilderness!

7/1/10 through 7/11/10 Fort Wilderness!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am surprised but I guess they see it differently than me...My parents, sister, wife and I still go together, and it is the same excitement as the first time we went. I wish everyone could experience that feeling!
    June 1981 First Trip (many after)
    June 2008 Engaged at Disney
    August 2009 Honeymoon at Disney
    December 2013 Our Daughter's First Trip!!

Post Thanks / Like

My fave parks in order: EPCOT, MK, DHS, and AK. And as for AK? I haven't set foot in that park, hmm, in over 3 yrs & I don't miss it. While I love Disney, I'm just not an AK person & wish that WDW had an option where you could leave certain parks off your hopper pass because that park would be off my pass. There isn't much in AK that I want to do.

But enough of that ramble! It's already been said: some people are Disney People, some people just aren't.

My mom & I are Disney people. My DH is becoming Disney people. We don't have children yet, but when we do we're already looking forward to sharing WDW with them, and I can only hope they become Disney people (which of course will mean I'll probably need to get over my AK issues, lol).

It took 3 back to back to back drips to render one of my sisters "Disney'd out". She broke her no-Disney rule to take her then 3 y/o son (and overall they had a great time), but hasn't been back in almost 8 yrs & she's fine with that.

This same nephew (he'll be 12 in Dec) wavers on his WDW stance. Ask him if he wants to go when you're planning your trip, he says "nah". But when you're down there having a good time? Not unusual to get a phone call from him where he says "I wish I was in Disney with you guys."
    Michael Bluth: I need access to these files that are apparently for British eyes only.
    Rita: Well, lucky for you, my whole face is British.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man, that's so sad! I could NEVER feel bored just strolling up Main Street USA, crossing that bridge into Frontierland and getting that Dole Whip, riding in Peter Pan's ship, and then taking a ride in a Doom Buggy. The place is filled with IMAGINATION and that could never be boring! I suppose some people just don't appreciate things like that, though.

Poly Dec 2010
    CR Dec. 2009
    POR Sept. 2008
    POP & AKL June 2007
    WDW Dolphin July 2006
    WDW Dolphin March 2002

Treehouse Villas as a kid...that's where it all began!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I've never heard it being "boring." I enjoy the MK not only for the rides but the shops, atmosphere, hidden mickeys, character greets, etc.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with a lot of the people on here....kids these day have NO imaginiation. I feel it is very sad. BUT if the MK is "too boring" for you..would you kindly step out of the line so that the few of us that absolutely LOVE it don't have to wait as long. Just a thought....
    DL 2000 (off site)
    DW 2001 (CSR)
    DW 2008 (POP)
    DW 2009 (CSR)
    Sept 2011 POFQ
    Hoping to get back sooner vs. later. :)

Post Thanks / Like

Of course right off the bat you have to agree these two are in the minority based on the daily crowds at MK for the last, oh I don't know, 40 years or so....but at that age and with a generation of "instant" entertainment with DS', cellphones, ipods, laptops, etc. I can see where the young ones are harder to impress than years back. And lets face it, Jungle Cruise for example, kinda boring.

Hey, different tastes for different folks. We actually spend a bit less time in MK now. When our DS' were age range 2-7, we did the autographs and toontown, the caroussel, dumbo, pooh, etc. - no more. we now key on some of the "E-ticket" rides and are enjoying epcot more now that the boys are a bit older.

Of course as a throwback I will always have a softspot for the original land. Hopefully that will hit home with these two down the road....

March '99 - POFQ
    February '04 - WL
    February '05 - POLY
    November '05 - CB
    October '06 - POLY
    November '07 - POLY / BC
    November ' 08 - BC
    March '10 - WL
    November '10 - POR-Riverside
    November '11 - CSR

Dear departed brother Dave, he chased a bear into a cave

Post Thanks / Like

We all love Magic Kingdom...including my 20 and 13 year old sons!
    Happy Campers!
    Brad, Laurie, Lee 23, Evan 16 & pups Bailey & Molly, +1 crazy cat named Tyber

You spent three days lying on a beach, drinking rum?... Welcome to the Caribbean, Love. (ie. Elizabeth Swan & Captain Jack Sparrow)

Post Thanks / Like

It seems that Disney is picking up on the feelings of these two kids.

The newer attractions that are not thrill rides such as Soarin, Philharmagic, Monsters Inc Laugh Floor and Toy Story Mania are technologically advanced and instigate a desire for repeat visits.

What was the last attraction added that is one where you just ride through and look at mannequins?

Post Thanks / Like

Im shocked as well. I think the Magic Kingdom is the most interesting park in WDW.
    "Calling someone fat won't make you any skinnier, calling someone stupid won't make you any smarter and ruining someone's life won't make yours any better"
    - Cady Heron from Mean Girls

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SelfmadeWade View Post
    What was the last attraction added that is one where you just ride through and look at mannequins?
    If that is all you are doing on the ride, then you are completely missing the story they tell! But, I guess that is the whole point --- unless it's right 'in your face' it gets missed anymore. So sad!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how anyone can think of MK as boring! It has always been, and will always be, our favorite park. It IS Disney. My girls are now 17 and 22, but have always loved MK.

Reading this post made me wonder about the kids and the family. Did those kids watch the old Disney films, like Peter Pan? I think some of the rides are loved because the movies are loved. I teach 3rd grade and have been surprised (and saddened) numerous times when kids tell me they have never seen some of the classic Disney movies. One year, a little girl told me she didn't know the story of Cinderella!! It made me want to cry for her. So if these kids have not been exposed to classic storytales, it could explain being "bored" (maybe)

Post Thanks / Like

PopPhan,

I was just referencing the original post.

I was curious trying to think of the last attraction that was added that was the type that those children disliked. I think it's been many years since Disney has added that type of attraction.

Although it sounds like the new Little Mermaid ride in Fantasyland will be that type of "sit and look" ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SelfmadeWade View Post
    PopPhan,

I was just referencing the original post.

I was curious trying to think of the last attraction that was added that was the type that those children disliked. I think it's been many years since Disney has added that type of attraction.

Although it sounds like the new Little Mermaid ride in Fantasyland will be that type of "sit and look" ride.
    Sorry, I was commenting on the statement, not your reply. The thought that highly detailed animatronics are considered mannequins by some disturbs me.

What WAS the last attraction added to use full motion animatronics - beside the broken Yeti (one animatronic to conclude the ride?) Dinosaur?? I know things like Hall Of Presidents get updates and individual new animatronics from time to time, but I can't recall the last attraction to rely on animatronics to tell the story.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

That is so sad that those two children feel that way. I highly doubt it's because they are jaded from today's high tech society. My son is a tech head and a hardcore gamer and he really enjoyed MK. He was amused by the hologram ghosts in HM and loved the pirates ride,shaking his fist at Capt Jack as we drifted by. A friend of mine once said to me regarding WDW,You either get it or you don't. I guess that family doesn't.

Post Thanks / Like

What we are all forgetting here is the initial post stated it was the parents first trip as well !

How are the children suppose to enjoy the most magical and memorable park on the property if the parents had no memories to share with them? The most important thing about Disney trips is re-experiencing past visits. I have children from 5 to 22 and the first and last park they request is The Magic Kingdom. Maybe this family didn't know about the following:

1. The Rope drop ceremony
    2. The feeling of the first time you walked down main street.
    3. The first guest in the park are greeted by cast members waving with big white gloves along main street.
    4. The smell of the fresh cinnamon rolls at the bakery on main street.
    5. Racing to the tinker bell gift shop asking if she has been woken up yet.
    6. Trying to be the first to Sawyer island to find the paint brush for the fast past reward.
    7. Being one of the first guest to ride any ride open during early magic hours.
    8. Dole Whip (enough said)
    9. First time you were with in 10 feet of the castle and realize just how big it is.
    10.Maybe they just didn't get to hug Mickey

It could have been a combo of any or none of the above. The thing is The magic Kingdom is not, a throw up your 4.00 hotdog roller coaster park. It is a great place to spend quality time with your family and be able to remember it for along time and pass it on to your children.

THE RIDES ARE THE WAY THEY ARE FOR A REASON LEAVE THEM ALONE FOR GENERATIONS TO COME.

First trip 1986 ...
    Not enough since then!

Post Thanks / Like

I think if the kids never grew up going to Disney and being immersed in its magic and believing it while they were younger, now at their age they will not appreciate Disney and love it like all the rest do.
    My laughin' place is a doom buggy

12 times at the world and counting!
    Next trip: June 20 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I agree - I think with a lot of kids, they are taught by excited parents to love the Magic Kingdom before they even arrive for their very first time.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the consensus here, which seems to be that the reaction of the kids in the original post says more about them than it does about The Magic Kingdom. I deeply love The Magic Kingdom and always will.
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

Post Thanks / Like

I am 13 and I think MK is the best park. I am not bored at all by any of the rides and think that Its a Small World is one of the best rides in WDW. I guess they were just expecting more of a thrill in the rides.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: