Quantcast grown adults with no kids still disney nuts? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

As it has been mentioned in above posts. My DW and I have no kids, but we are kids when we get to WDW!! I am 43 and DW is 33 and we love it, and always will. There is no better place than WDW for us. floating on Eating at F&W

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am pretty sure my husband and I will be in the over 50 crowd to visit with no kids in future years. In fact he will probably want to retire to Disney and practically live there! LOL I know I see alot of grandparents at Disney with their grandchildren. I bet they just use those kids as an excuse to go to Disney. LOL Just kidding! I think its pretty normal for older couples to go without kids. Disney isn't just for kids its for everyone.
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

My parents bought into the DVC last year, so I do not think we will stop going every year at any point. In fact my cousins and their families go every year too, so it's all in the family.
    Polynesian & BLT October 2011!

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I have 2 children, 6 & 18. We have gone twice with out the kids and can not wait until we can sneak away to enjoy WDW on our own again.

Our next trip is with the whole extended family, though!! 2011 Food & Wine Festival.
    șOș Coleen șOș

Up next:
    Hubby's 40th - Dec. 2014 (POP) 1st Christmas Trip
    Past Disney Trips
    Honeymoon - August 2004 (Radisson) Hurricane Charlie
    Family Vacation - July 2006 (POP)
    Anniversary Vacation - Aug 2007 (CSR)
    Family Vacation - Oct. 2011 Food & Wine Festival!! (POR) FREE DINING!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We absolutely love Disney with our kids, especially when they were younger. But in recent years, we have found that you can have a great time at Disney without kids. That's the beauty of Disney. We hope someday in the future we might get to enjoy it again with young grandchildren, too.... there are so many different ways to enjoy the Disney magic.

Post Thanks / Like

We have gone a few times without the kids and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. We had to since the kids were both in school and could get the time off. Having vacation time in strange parts of the year certainly has its...perks!

Last time we went, we took both kids, a boyfriend and a niece. It was great, too, being able to see everything through different, and now adult, eyes. Our next trip has gone from a family vacation to a grand gathering event. The list of attendees just kept growing.

However, next May is our 30th anniversary, and we are expecting to go by ourselves without any of those pesky kids to slow us down or cramp our style!

We are not Vegas people, and I don't think my wife would survive a cruise, so, WDW, WL and V&A's here we come...again!
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely!

Dec '88 - off site
    Dec '91 - off site
    Mar '93 - off site
    Dec '94 - Dixie Landings
    Dec '96 - All Star Sports
    Mar '98 - Dixie Landings
    Dec '01 - Dixie Landings
    May '04 - PORS
    May '06 - PORS
    Nov '08 - PORS
    Nov '10 - PORS
    Nov '12 - PORS
    Nov '14 - PORS
    Nov '16 - PORS

Post Thanks / Like

We are both only 38 but we don't have kids (and will probably not be having any - I teach high school and DH works IT in another school district - we have kids EVERYDAY : ) and we go yearly. We just love it and turn into big kids ourselved.

We do often take my niece (14) and sister or my mom with us but we make sure we go by ourselves every other time.

136 more days...
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

We took our DD (ages at that time 10 and 13) for the first time in 2006. We had a fantastic trip. My DH and I then went back in 2007 without the kids and it was awesome. They didn't think that was very nice of us to do. We have since taken the kids now each year but we talk about going back without them very soon. Our oldest DD will start college next year so we will maybe go back then. We to like you love Vegas and want to go back there but we are just drawn to the World. We feel like teenagers (although are 45 and 47) when we step onto Main Street. We don't have to think about work, house chores, school, etc. and can just have fun.
    OFFSITE 1975
    OFFSITE 1989
    CBR JUNE 2006
    CBR MAY 2007
    CBR OCT 2008-MNSSHP
    AS MOVIE APRIL 2009
    WILDERNESS LODGE DEC 2010-MVMCP
    CBR NOV 2011
    CBR OCT 2013-FREE DINING PIN!

CBR NOV 2014-FREE DINING
    CBR SEPT 2015
    CBR OCT 2016-FREE DINING BOUNCE BACK OFFER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disoriented View Post
    People think that Disneyland and hence Disney World were designed for kids, but if you check your Walt history you will find that the inspiration for Disneyland came while Walt was spending a Sunday with his daughters at a local amusement park sitting on a bench while the kids played, thinking that it sure would be nice if there was a place the adults could take there children and also enjoy the attractions. Thus the seed that grew into Disneyland was planted.

So if you ask me, (and I know everyone is) Disneyland and Disney World are places designed for adults, that just so happens that children like to go to also.

My DH are 30 and don't plan on having kids as of yet. We went on our first trip to WDW together last December to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary and belated honeymoon!!! I am in the process of planning another trip for this December, trying to make it an annual vacation for us!!! We've talked about going other places, but couldn't imagine going anywhere else! We had just a magical and memorable time. And of course, we are still kids at heart! I anticipate us going to WDW every year for the rest of our lives! And since I told my hubby we are going to live to 100, that's going to be a lot of trips!
    Dreaming of Disney World every day, until I can get back there again!
    Disneyland at least a dozen times growing up!
    July 1997- Wilderness Lodge (HS Graduation)
    December 2009 & 2010- POP Century (7th & 8th Wedding Anniversaries)
    November 2011, April 2012, October 2012, January 2013 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

DW and I are the worlds biggest kids when it comes to Disney. She is 56, and I am 59. No kids, now or ever. We just bought into DVC our last trip, and are anxiously awaiting our next trip in September.
    We sometimes travel with friends or family that have kids, but we can have a blast by ourselves too.
    Several years ago, my parents went to WDW, and I was picking them up at the airport. When i saw them coming thru the gate,I ran to them like a little kid yelling Mommy Daddy what did you bring me.
    Who needs Kids??
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

43, married, and no kids. 55 plus trips and counting!!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't tell you all how glad I am to join this thread! And here I was thinking maybe there was something wrong with me being a Disney fan as I enter the late, late 50's! (heck, I've been a Disney fan since age 6!!)

To celebrate our Oct. anniversary (27th), Sept. birthdays (me, 59; DW 53), and to get over the shock of the empty nest as our DS leaves for college in August, my DW agreed to take me to WDW Oct. 2 - 8 for free dining and the F&WF.

After our first trip in 2000 when DS was 8, I knew I was hooked (no Pan pun intended) and started figuring out how many more times we could go before he was lost interest. Five trips later at the age of 15 he said enough! And although I managed a partial fix attending conferences, it just wasn't the same as really being there on a WDW dedicated trip.

So now all I have to do is show my DW a good time and, who knows, maybe set up a return trip in another year or two - wish me luck!!
    Previous trips:

Nov 2000, Oct 2002 - WL
    Dec 2002 - CSR (conf.)
    Feb 2004 - AKL
    Feb 2005, Jan 2007 - POR
    Oct 2007 - CSR (conf.)
    Oct 2008 - POP (pre-conf. visit)
    Oct 2009 - BV Suites (conf.)
    Oct 2010 - POR
    Nov 2010 - BV Suites (conf.)
    June 2012 - POR

Post Thanks / Like

My DH and I are childless and have always gone to WDW sans children; we are just under 40. We go with my parents and/or my brother, so WDW is always all adults for us. And yes, we are WDW nuts and proud of it! Although when our niece (2.5 y.o.)and her future sibling (due in Jan.) are old enough, we plan to take them to WDW or DL, though not for many years.
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. But always dress for the hunt!" Kungaloosh!

"Happy are those whom the Muses love."

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I are in our thirties, have no children, and love Disney! We visit DLR/DCA and WDW. It doesn't matter how old you are, as long as you're a kid at heart.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Post Thanks / Like

Been many times with kids, a couple of solo trips, but actually fell in love with Disney on a trip with then bf in '02. We are no longer together and I'm on my own (53) but I will continue to go as long as the body and the money hold out!! (no money right now, I'm on Employment Insurance and going to school, but as soon as I can, I'll be back!!!)
    șOș Dianne șOș

You must make a Choice to take a Chance or your life will never Change

Post Thanks / Like

Default Love it!

It is all about what you think is a vacation. Some people like the beach, some like Vegas and some of us like Disney. I've been to the beach, nice but boring. I've been to Vegas, gambling boring, there are shows, nice but when they are over then what? Been to DL off and on all my life (now 50ish) and plan to go back after they finish the upgrades. Started going to WDW in 2002 and have gotten back 2x since, still haven't seen it all. Love the fact that there are old shows/rides, new ones and ones I haven't been to yet. I look forward to my next trip. OH and I didn't mention the resorts love the landscaping even at the values, while I prefer the moderates. And then there is the staff making me feel at home, very relaxing. What can I say, for children sure, for adults you bet.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Fiancé and I are in our 20s and love going on our own. We went 3 times last year with our APs and I've already been again this year on my own. We do plan on having kids in a few years and will probably discover other sides of Disney we don't pay attention to now but we are crazy about it with out kids now.

We also go crazy with our Disney Christmas Decorations...but thats another story lol.
    Amanda

Next Visit:
    August 16-23, 2014: CBR

Virginia Tech
    HOKIES

Post Thanks / Like

We started going to WDW in 1995 with our two boys, now 20 & 26. We have made a few trips with only one son while the other was in college and could not go. We did a 25th anniversary trip alone and a business/pleasre trip alone. Just the two of us made for a different but very enjoyable vacation. I am loooking forward to many years of trips with just me and hubby, but have to say that I also look forward to taking grandkids some day. This next September trip will be with the whole family - counting the days!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, yeah! We are 62 and 60 and have been going just the two of us for the last couple of years. Love it! Have even converted DH! We love going with the kids and grandkids but also found out we have a totally different kind of fun with just the two of us. Hoping to take a Disney Cruise and park visit just the two of us soon. Our friends can't understand why we keep going back every year, especially without kids.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: