Quantcast Our Wonderful 11 Day Trip to the World - Day 5, 6 & 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Our Wonderful 11 Day Trip to the World - Day 5, 6 & 7

Day 5 - Typhoon Lagoon
    We actually got to sleep until 8 as TL wasn't open until 9 - arrived around 8:45 and that's when I realized I left the tickets in the hotel safe. They were on old passes from 2001 so they weren't on our keys to the world. DH was not happy!!!! He was gonna take the bus back to get them while we waited (which would have been a 2 hour ordeal). I finally talked him into taking a cab and he was back within 1/2 hour (only cost $9 with tip). Anyways, checked in for our cabana and let me tell you, it was worth every penny. Comfortable lounge chairs, tables, a safe, cooler with loads of ice and water bottles, towels and refillable mugs and a place out of the sun right near the wave pool. Felt a little funny at first because people would stare as they walked by. Great service too - Sean was our cast member for the day. He would check in every hour or so to see if we needed drinks, lunch or a snack. The area is roped off and one time we forgot to close the rope when we went to the wave pool and when we came back there was some guy sitting there. We told him he couldn't be there and he said all mad - "can you tell me why?" You couldn't help but laugh but really, you could see our stuff all around and that it was in a roped off area. He did leave but you could tell he was mad!!! LOL We stayed until the parked closed at 8:00 - we had so much fun - would do it again in a heartbeat. One note though, went on the water rollercoaster - boy, does that hurt your butt - you have to really sit up on the tube otherwise you get almost like a rug burn when you go over the conveyor areas.
    Day 6- MK
    arrived around 7:30 - park a lot more crowded at that time than the others. At opening headed over to SM and then Buzz. Then over to MP and then Splash and Thunder. Rode PC, JC and then HM. Had lunch and then, you guessed it - back to the pool for the girls to work on their tans. Didn't have much time though, had 4:10 reservations at Hollywood & Vine Fantasmik Package.
    Prior to dinner, we obtained fast passes to RRRC (DD favorite ride). After dinner which was good, not great, we saw Indiana Jones and then rode RRRC. Then we sat and watched American Idol on the big screen near the hat. Boy, the contestants were good!!! Then the Rock & Glow Dance Party started and the girls had so much fun!!! We couldn't stay long though - we had to make our way over to Fantasmik - great show!!! Always love it. I can't imagine having to wait in that line though with the heat!!! Dinner package is so worth it.

Day 7 - Day of rest - family slept until 10:00. I'm a morning person so I kind of strolled around the resort and went down to the pool. The girls spent the morning and afternoon sunning themselves and then we went to DD by boat. Did some shopping, had dinner and then headed back to the resort, again by boat. That has to be the most relaxing way to travel. I'll never take the bus to DD again unless I have to - that ride is a nightmare with so many stops - it takes more than an hour to get back.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a private cabana is the way to go.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

The cabana sounds wonderful - sorry you had to chase someone out though.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Never heard of the cabana...how much is it?

Post Thanks / Like

$250 - it includes 6 towels, 6 refillable mugs, cooler with 6 waters and loaded with ice, private safe, 2 cushioned lounge chairs, 4 cushioned chairs and a cast member to get your lunch, drinks, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Great report.

Post Thanks / Like

TL sounds like alot of fun with the cabana!

Ok, so what day were you at HS and saw the American Idol on the big screen? We were there on the 22nd and we saw and early show and then the finale and the contestants were awesome! Was that the same night??? We never did get to see Fantasmic this trip, both shows were full at least 90 minutes prior to each showing. Maybe next time!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    ș0ș Monica ș0ș

Resorts visited to date: *CR * ASSp * CBR * Poly * POFQ * AKL * POR *

Most recent trip: Aug '08 - Disney Cruise Line and Poly!!

Year off and then Off-Site Timeshare and WL July 2010!

"It all started with a mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Hi - yes, we were there the same night!!! We were sitting right outside that ship-like concession stand and it was the finale!!! They were good weren't they? I thought the blonde girl was gonna win but I liked the girl who did win - she was pregnant wasn't she??? Too bad about Fantasmik - we used to try to wait in that line to see the show but with the heat and crowds I used to get so miserable by the time we got inside - now we always make reservations for the Fantasmik package and you get to go right in without waiting. The seats are quite as good as in the middle but that's a sacrifice I am willing to make - LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh...the private cabana sounds lovely!!! An AWESOME day at the waterpark!!!

Thanks for sharing.

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Several really relaxed days! Glad you enjoyed your private cabana experience!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

When the announcement came out regarding the cabanas, I thought to myself how cool it would be. For what you get, it's actually a pretty good value - especially when you don't have to fight for a chair! Glad that the trip back to the room for the tix by DH wasn't too bad - thanks for posting the taxi $ information for other members!

I couldn't agree more about the Fantasmic Dining Package. We've been doing it for years & really love the convenience of it, especially in the heat/humidity of the summer.

More great times at Disney - thanks for sharing so many memories with us!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering when you guys were going to have a "rest" day!!

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if there are cabanas at BB too?
    Countless Disneyland trips
    May 2000 Honeymoon 1st DW Trip
    April 2001 AS Music
    May 2003 Off-site
    December 2003 AS Movies
    July 2004 Disneyland
    December 2005 AS Movies
    September 2007 Pop
    March 2009 Pop
    Christmas 2010 Movies
    June 2011 off-site
    Christmas 2012 Caribbean Beach