Quantcast European Football Thread, 2010-2011 Season! Let it begin!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking European Football Thread, 2010-2011 Season! Let it begin!!

Hi again everyone!! It's that most wonderful time of the year again!!! It's time for the European leagues to start play!!! I figured this year we could talk about multiple euro leagues, not just the EPL, even though it's my favorite!! Let the discussions begin!!

As a Liverpool supporter, I am stoked about this season!! Especially since Torres reaffirmed his commitment to the club today!!! I know we are in a "rebuilding" year, but that won't stop me from hoping for a title this year!! I just hope the club can be sold away from Hicks and Gillett so we can move forward and not look back!!

So, what do you guys got?

*Thanks to Hammer for closing down the previous thread so we can start a new one!!
    "When I think of vacation, I think of Disney. I really do. They allow you just to open up your imagination and just be a kid again. There's nothing like it in the world."

"There's no rest on planetary duty." -Paul Watson

You'll Never Walk Alone - Justice For The 96!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Laughed greatly at this story. Yossi is still the man!!:

One of soccer’s most notorious hazing rituals was finally conquered this week as new Chelsea signing Yossi Benayoun turned the tables on his would-be tormentors.

Until now, every new player who joined the Chelsea squad faced the embarrassment of being forced to stand on a table in front of the English Premier League champion’s entire playing and coaching staff, belting out a song of his choice at full volume.

Israel international Benayoun, who signed from Liverpool in an $8.8 million transfer, looked set to become the latest victim of ridicule as senior players ordered him up on to the makeshift “stage” for his performance.

He stunned his audience, however, by bursting into a rendition of “You’ll Never Walk Alone” by Gerry and the Pacemakers, the anthem of the archrival Reds.

“I started to sing ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’ but all the other players started shouting,” Benayoun said. “They wouldn’t let me carry on, so I had to do something different.”

As well as clearly possessing a wicked sense of humor, Benayoun also has the ability to play a crucial role in the outcome of the upcoming EPL campaign, which starts August 14.

With Joe Cole having headed in the opposite direction by joining Liverpool, Benayoun’s arrival brings some welcome creative spark in midfield.

After ending a three-year EPL drought by winning the title in May, Chelsea will enter the new season as favorite, closely followed by Manchester United.

While previous summers have seen the club lavish millions on several expensive new signings, this year has been more about investing in style — on and off the field.

The attractive, skillful midfielder should help head coach Carlo Ancelotti’s ambition of making Chelsea not only the best but also the most free-flowing team in the league. And away from soccer, the side will certainly look the part after agreeing on a ground-breaking partnership with fashion label Dolce & Gabbana.

D&G has designed a range of formal wear for the players to use on the way to matches, and will deck out the club’s locker room with a collection of opulent fittings far removed from the traditional players-area look.

Once a Red, always a Red!
    "When I think of vacation, I think of Disney. I really do. They allow you just to open up your imagination and just be a kid again. There's nothing like it in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Its going to be an interesting season thats for sure with a renewed battle for the 4th spot and Manchester City seeming to spend on transfers what an nation spends already . If Mancini doesnt get that 4th place hes ruined ..

It will be interesting under Hodsgon and Redknapp

Chelsea & Man Utd have an ageing team and i think will struggle but will be in the top 3 for sure ,i hate saying it if Arsenal can sort out their defence i think they could be the dark horses this year
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Did everyone else see that Martin O'Neill resigned as manager of Aston Villa today? I was shocked! Bad news for the club. I liked him as a manager. I wonder what happened that made him quit so soon before the season started?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Davyjones View Post
    Did everyone else see that Martin O'Neill resigned as manager of Aston Villa today? I was shocked! Bad news for the club. I liked him as a manager. I wonder what happened that made him quit so soon before the season started?
    Rumour has it it was over the James Milners possible transfer to Manchester City and Villas future ambition . O'Neill is not the type of guy to hold back and at some point he will tell the true story within the comming weeks for sure.

Todays news is that Bob Bradley the USA coach is intertested in the job ,but from now, there will be a whole host of names thrown in the .

One things for sure all Prem managers will be looking over their shoulders now with O'Neill free as he is a major catch for any club ,even Cappello . Liverpool must be kicking themselves that they appointed Hodgson with O'Neil free
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

There's good things and bad things for having my Toffees having Tim Howard:
    Good: Since he's a recognizable face in America, Everton highlights get play here.
    Bad: When the only goal in a 1-0 loss was off a dropped ball that got kicked in.

Looking for at least a point next week against Wolverhampton.
    -Andy

Many trips to the world!
    Disney College Program alumnus Aug 2011-Jan 2012 Electric Umbrella in Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

Oof. A draw. I'll take it, I guess. Quite a blunder from Reina, who, in my opinion, is one of the best keepers in the world. Very rare of him to make such a large mistake. But overall, Liverpool played a very good match, even though they were down a man in the second half. Fo Arsenal, the question remains about their goalkeeping.

Another season begins! Good luck to everyone out there!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguy2315 View Post
    There's good things and bad things for having my Toffees having Tim Howard:
    Good: Since he's a recognizable face in America, Everton highlights get play here.
    Bad: When the only goal in a 1-0 loss was off a dropped ball that got kicked in.

Looking for at least a point next week against Wolverhampton.
    Oof. A draw. I'll take it, I guess. Quite a blunder from Reina, who, in my opinion, is one of the best keepers in the world. Very rare of him to make such a large mistake. But overall, Liverpool played a very good match, even though they were down a man in the second half. Fo Arsenal, the question remains about their goalkeeping.

Another season begins! Good luck to everyone out there!!!

Dont worry Everton will come good ,they have such a good team and Cole should never have been sent off .. Arsenal were so lucky

How Spurs didnt win against City i will never know
    But we have a big game tommorrow in the Champions League qualifiers
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDER View Post
    Dont worry Everton will come good ,they have such a good team and Cole should never have been sent off .. Arsenal were so lucky

How Spurs didnt win against City i will never know
    But we have a big game tommorrow in the Champions League qualifiers
    Good luck in tomorrow's match, Raider!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck in tomorrow's match, Raider!!
    Cheers Davy ..you must have been grinding your teeth saying that one after Spurs nicked your CL place
    I will be heading straight home after work and watching the game behind the sofa
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

A bit gutted with Spurs not being able to score against Man City. To dominate a game like that and not get the win especially against one of the teams you will be scrapping with all season.

Yes looking forward to tonights game in Switzerland but not happy that it will be on an artificial pitch.

Come On You Spurs!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Reservoir Dog View Post
    A bit gutted with Spurs not being able to score against Man City. To dominate a game like that and not get the win especially against one of the teams you will be scrapping with all season.

Yes looking forward to tonights game in Switzerland but not happy that it will be on an artificial pitch.

Come On You Spurs!!!!
    As our Harry said " that was a glorious defeat"
    What a let off last night for Spurs...
    Its going to be "squeaky bottom time" at the Lane next week ..
    What a return match its going to be
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah ...were in the Champions League for the first time in our history ....Spurs were brilliant last night...Now for the draw tommorrow ,i hope were seeded 2
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Default The champions league draw

Group A:
    Inter Milan, Werder Bremen, Tottenham Hotspur, FC Twente.

Group B:
    Lyon, Benfica, Schalke, Hapoel Tel-Aviv.

Group C:
    Manchester United, Valencia, Rangers, Bursaspor.

Group D:
    Barcelona, Panathinaikos, FC Copenhagen, Rubin Kazan.

Group E:
    Bayern Munich, Roma, FC Basel, CFR Cluj.

Group F:
    Chelsea, Marseille, Spartak Moscow, MSK Zilina.

Group G:
    AC Milan, Real Madrid, Ajax, Auxerre.

Group H:
    Arsenal, Shakhtar Donetsk, Braga, FK Partizan.

My god i think Spurs have drawn the group of death along with Group G !!!

Matchday 1: 14th/15th September
    Matchday 2: 28th/29th September
    Matchday 3: 19th/20th October
    Matchday 4: 2nd/3rd November
    Matchday 5: 23rd/24th November
    Matchday 6: 7th/8th December
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDER View Post
    Group A:
    Inter Milan, Werder Bremen, Tottenham Hotspur, FC Twente.

Group B:
    Lyon, Benfica, Schalke, Hapoel Tel-Aviv.

Group C:
    Manchester United, Valencia, Rangers, Bursaspor.

Group D:
    Barcelona, Panathinaikos, FC Copenhagen, Rubin Kazan.

Group E:
    Bayern Munich, Roma, FC Basel, CFR Cluj.

Group F:
    Chelsea, Marseille, Spartak Moscow, MSK Zilina.

Group G:
    AC Milan, Real Madrid, Ajax, Auxerre.

Group H:
    Arsenal, Shakhtar Donetsk, Braga, FK Partizan.

My god i think Spurs have drawn the group of death along with Group G !!!

Matchday 1: 14th/15th September
    Matchday 2: 28th/29th September
    Matchday 3: 19th/20th October
    Matchday 4: 2nd/3rd November
    Matchday 5: 23rd/24th November
    Matchday 6: 7th/8th December
    It does look like Groups A and G are the "Groups of Death". Very strong clubs in those groups!

As for Liverpool, quite a kick in the teeth against Man City. Hope we have a better showing against West Brom!!

Post Thanks / Like

Torres for the win! Glad he was able to open his account today! Good win for LFC!!!

Hodgson has talked about getting another forward on the squad, but has not mentioned any names. Obviously, he is not so keen on David N'gog, and neither am I. So who's available on the transfer market? It does close on Tuesday. Any thoughts, gang?

Post Thanks / Like

Torres for the win! Glad he was able to open his account today! Good win for LFC!!!

Hodgson has talked about getting another forward on the squad, but has not mentioned any names. Obviously, he is not so keen on David N'gog, and neither am I. So who's available on the transfer market? It does close on Tuesday. Any thoughts, gang?
    Wel if were talking about forwards in the Prem League .... Gabriel Abonglohor from Aston Villa , Darren Bent from Sunderland , Bobby Zamora from Fulham,Carlton Cole West Ham,Andy Carroll from Newcastle ( thats who i would go for ) and the surprise one ..A comeback from Robbie Keane from Spurs as Redknapps looking to offload him

As for Spurs comming back with a bang ..I think it was a splat !!! when we lost to Wigan !!! I am speechless !!
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. How about Fergie dropping Rooney from the Everton match in order to spare him from the "abuse" from the crowd from his recent scandal. I say let the man take his punches and move on. He'll just get it 10 times worse the next time he plays there.

And now to continue to cross my fingers for Liverpool's match against Birmingham tomorrow!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am eating my words on chelsea there looking good .
    Spurs let it go against Werder Bremen last week .
    But at least we didnt loose to Wolves again
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

I figured we could at least draw with Man U. At 2-2, I thought we actually were going to. Ugh. It's going to be a LONG season this year...

I just hope the ownership situation solves itself really soon or we are doomed...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: