Quantcast European Football Thread, 2010-2011 Season! Let it begin!! - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Davyjones View Post
    Okay. NOW I'll start asking for Uncle Roy to be canned. I figure he's had enough time to get us out of at least the bottom half of the table. Man, what horrible form and inconsistency. We need a new manager. King Kenny anyone?

Is Dalglish really the man to turn your fortunes around?

He's been out of management for so long now and it would be a move that would just appease the fans but would not turn out to be a long term thing.

I believe the problems lies more with the playing staff rather than the management.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Reservoir Dog View Post
    Is Dalglish really the man to turn your fortunes around?

He's been out of management for so long now and it would be a move that would just appease the fans but would not turn out to be a long term thing.

I believe the problems lies more with the playing staff rather than the management.
    I believe that the blame goes all around LFC, from management to players. I do believe that Dalglish would be a better fit at Liverpool than Hodgson is. I believe that what the club needs is a Liverpool manager, meaning someone who has a deep connection to the club, like an ex player. Do you know who I think should actually be asked to come and manage? Steve Nicol, the current manager of the New England Revolution on MLS. A former Liverpool player, has lots of experience managing a football side (albeit in MLS) and has been successful at it. Why not give him a shot at what probably is his dream managerial job? Just my thoughts.
    "When I think of vacation, I think of Disney. I really do. They allow you just to open up your imagination and just be a kid again. There's nothing like it in the world."

"There's no rest on planetary duty." -Paul Watson

You'll Never Walk Alone - Justice For The 96!!!

Post Thanks / Like

This week is crucial for Hodgson .If he survives the end of this week with transfer market now open ,LFC will probably let him carry on till the end of this season .If he doesnt survive then Martin O'Neill is my choice
    Personally ,i would love to see Mr Know It All "Alan Hansen" become manager as he knows every answer on Match of the Day ( Football summary programme on the BBC Davy and he is an annoying pundit who wont let anyone talk !! )

As for Beckham on loan to Spurs !!! come on Harry you have been briliant so far dont mess it up with that has been whose in love with himself There are much better players out there than him ...Go for Tim Cahill from Everton
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDER View Post
    This week is crucial for Hodgson .If he survives the end of this week with transfer market now open ,LFC will probably let him carry on till the end of this season .If he doesnt survive then Martin O'Neill is my choice
    Personally ,i would love to see Mr Know It All "Alan Hansen" become manager as he knows every answer on Match of the Day ( Football summary programme on the BBC Davy and he is an annoying pundit who wont let anyone talk !! )

As for Beckham on loan to Spurs !!! come on Harry you have been briliant so far dont mess it up with that has been whose in love with himself There are much better players out there than him ...Go for Tim Cahill from Everton
    Well, Uncle Roy did save himself (or rather, Joe Cole saved Uncle Roy) this weekend. I still think he should go. His style at Fulham was never really impressive. His squads were mid-table squads at best. And when you're a mid-table club, you can't attract new world class talent. If he makes it to the end of the season, I hope LFC seriously considers replacing him.

As for the Spurs saga, I think Beckham is a wrong choice if they go that route. Tim Cahill would definitely be a better choice for them. He's always been a quality player. He's always been a thorn in the side of LFC in derby matches. Hopefully Redknapp will see that Cahill represents present and future success while Becks may only bring present success to the club.
    "When I think of vacation, I think of Disney. I really do. They allow you just to open up your imagination and just be a kid again. There's nothing like it in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

So, Hodgson is out, Dalglish is in. I really hope he proves me right!

C'Mon you Reds!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

So, Hodgson is out, Dalglish is in. I really hope he proves me right!

C'Mon you Reds!!!!!!!!!
    In many ways i feel sorry for Hodgson as he a decent honest bloke . However as an outsider and the way Liverpool have been beaten against the bottom clubs ,he just had to go as he didnt seem to give them a spark off the pitch .

It will be interesting times at Liverpool now as the main task for any new manager will be trying to keep Gerard ,Reina and Torres for next season
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

First win for Dalglish! I know it was just Wolves, but a win is a win! Back in the the top half of the table for now. Hopefully the squad will continue to move up the table. Maybe King Kenny can get us turned around after all. I'll still keep my fingers crossed just in case.

Post Thanks / Like

Disappointed with Torres requesting a transfer, ESPECIALLY with only, what, 2 days left in the transfer window? He's obviously unhappy there, and has been for about a year and a half. Sell him and get some money to bolster the squad this summer. Why would you want to keep a player who doesn't want to be there? We can find players who WANT to be there at Liverpool. Happy with the Suarez signing,though. We'll see how this all plays out. I imagine the Kop will turn on Torres just like they did to Owen, which is not good for Nando, who nowadays seems to lack confidence in himself.

Sell him. No player is bigger than Liverpool Football Club.

Post Thanks / Like

So, looks like Nando is out. I hope he stays as healthy at Chelsea as he did at LFC. Looks like they've already signed up his replacements as well with Suarez and Andy Carroll. I think that is was a good deal, but only time will tell. I hope that LFC continues on the up and up for the rest of the season.

Post Thanks / Like

A remarkable transfer night .... I wonder if Torres will play against Liverpool this weekend
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDER View Post
    A remarkable transfer night .... I wonder if Torres will play against Liverpool this weekend
    He says in an interview that he wants to play and score on us. It'll be an interesting match for sure.

LFC wins again today! Suarez maybe scored! Not sure if they considered tat an own goal. But things are looking up at LFC! Hoping this continues to the end of the season, starting with Chelsea! I wonder if Carroll will make his debut against CFC?

Post Thanks / Like

He says in an interview that he wants to play and score on us. It'll be an interesting match for sure.

LFC wins again today! Suarez maybe scored! Not sure if they considered tat an own goal. But things are looking up at LFC! Hoping this continues to the end of the season, starting with Chelsea! I wonder if Carroll will make his debut against CFC?
    Davy
    Its the game everyone wants to see this week,its just a shame Liverpool werent at home for this one
    At the moment Carroll isnt expected to play

Liverpool 3 C Poulsen Back Spasm 6th Feb 11 slight doubt
    J Cole Ankle/Foot Injury 12th Feb 11 slight doubt
    A Carroll Thigh Muscle Strain 26th Feb 11
    Last edited by Hammer; 02-04-2011 at 08:08 PM. Reason: removed link, placed info
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Just a reminder that we do not allow links to most outside websites.

I think I posted the info Raider was referencing- just looked for the team with Carroll on the injured list. Hope I did okay!

Now back to your European football discussion while I go make my Super Bowl pick...
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Papers today here say Carroll could be out for 3 months !!!
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

brilliant win for Liverpool ...Good result for Spurs
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

1-0 Liverpool!! We are up to 6th now! I'm going to enjoy this run while it lasts!

I'm not one to usually condone play that's too rough, but I did enjoy Agger's forearm shiver to Torres. Welcome back to Liverpool, Nando.

YNWA!

Post Thanks / Like

Big game for your boys this weekend Davy!

Infact big game for both sides. Should now be a very interesting run in for the top five teams who are all still involved in European competition.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Reservoir Dog View Post
    Big game for your boys this weekend Davy!

Infact big game for both sides. Should now be a very interesting run in for the top five teams who are all still involved in European competition.
    It sure is, Dog!! I'm actually feeling a bit nervous over here. That might be because I have a lot of Man U friends, but I think it's because I feel the same as you about the significance of this match!! I've been praying to the football gods ( ) all week this week to give us a win!! I hope they hear me!!! Plus, I'd like to help someone else win the league instead of MU this year!

I still think we can make top 4, but it's going to be a challenge. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of it!!

Post Thanks / Like

It sure is, Dog!! I'm actually feeling a bit nervous over here. That might be because I have a lot of Man U friends, but I think it's because I feel the same as you about the significance of this match!! I've been praying to the football gods ( ) all week this week to give us a win!! I hope they hear me!!! Plus, I'd like to help someone else win the league instead of MU this year!

I still think we can make top 4, but it's going to be a challenge. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of it!!
    The gods heard my prayers!!! 3-1 Liverpool!!! Did you all enjoy Nani getting tackled by Carragher, running to the ref to complain, seeing the blood on his shin and THEN falling down crying to be carried off on a stretcher? Way to dive!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The gods heard my prayers!!! 3-1 Liverpool!!! Did you all enjoy Nani getting tackled by Carragher, running to the ref to complain, seeing the blood on his shin and THEN falling down crying to be carried off on a stretcher? Way to dive!!!
    A brilliant game and Liverpool deserved to win.
    The problem with Nani ia that he is a serial diver and a drama queen and the refs never know when to believe him.
    I thought throughly childish of Fergie to refuse to talk to any of the press afterwards . On some ways he has become quite pathetic with the press and media over the years cherry picking who he has at a press conferance ...He's does him some no favours with the neutrals as he just comes over as a completly bad sport ..

The Spurs game tonight and i dont know what to expect after our 2 dismal displays against Wolves and Blackpool
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: