Quantcast How is Cape May for breakfast?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default How is Cape May for breakfast?

I was thinking about doing something different for our departure day, and we've never eaten here. We have to be on our way by noon, so an early breakfast would be okay. How's the food? How's the character interaction? Is it worth paying OOP?
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cape May Cafe for breakfast is great! I enjoyed it with two great friends last Novemeber (no kids). The three of us were seated at a quiet table near the front of the restaurant entrance and right next to the food!

This would be a great ending to your trip... the characters (minnie, goofy and donald) are all dressed like they are off for a day at the beach. They interact nicely with all the guests and there wasn't screaming and yelling like at other CM.

The food was varied and plentiful... eggs, bcaon, sausage the usual fare plus breakfast pizza, fruits, pastries, bagles etc...

I'm sure you'll love it... its a great sendoff memory!
    "Ohana means family... and family means no one gets left behind!" - Lilo

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Cape May is one of our favs for breakfast. I think they have the best buffet. This year we are doing breakfast and dinner. Will be our first time for dinner at Cape May.
    Next trip Oct. 2013 Yatch Club Resort club level

Post Thanks / Like

We loved Cape May!!! The food was great and the character interaction was even better We would not hesitate to go back there. I think it would be a great way to end your trip!!

Post Thanks / Like

I think character breakfasts are not a good value. $100 for eggs and waffles? It's not what i would normally do.

But, last year i did exactly that. On our departure day we had breakfast with Goofy, Donald and Minnie, all dressed in Beach attire. The characters took their time with us, and i got pictures too. It's a fun thing to do, especially on your last day, as you need a good meal as a send off. Whether you can justify the cost is up to you. But it was a good buffet, and a great way to end our trip.

Post Thanks / Like

It is our favorite breakfast buffet. Really good food, good characters, but not so hectic and noisy.

Post Thanks / Like

We've always enjoyed breakfast at Cape May. It is a lot less hectic than Chef Mickey's, the characters are easy to interact with, we always get great photos, and it's nice visit the Beach Club and just walk around. The grounds are beautiful.

Post Thanks / Like

This is our favorite breakfast buffet too!! We've eaten at Chef Mickey's(too loud),Crystal Palace(when son was 2 and liked Pooh).Cape May is the best!!
    Rob
    1. '66 Preview Center(baby),'71,'76,'86,'94-Offsite
    2. '95 AS Mus,'96 AS Sport,'97 AS Mov
    3. '99 CSR,'2000 CBR
    4. '01 AS Mov,'02 AS Mov
    5. '03-'04 Pop,CHRISTmas,New Years,Collective Soul
    6. '04 Pop,Halloween
    7. '05,'06,'07,'10 Pop,CHRISTmas
    8. '11 Pop,New Years,15th Wedding Anniversary

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if they do a family photo when you first arrive like they do @ Chef Mickey's? Is there a cool background like their plate & fork @ chef? Thx!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info we too are doing this breakfast for the first time. Great question.

Post Thanks / Like

We love breakfast there and have had breakfast there on every one of our trips but one. We have advance dining reservations for upcoming trip, too.

It's been a while, but the food has always been good and it seems easier to access the buffet due to they layout. We've always had good character interaction.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

No picture upon arrival. The breakfast buffet is basically what you get at any other breakfast buffet at WDW. Characters are Minnie, Goofy, Chip & Dale. Chef Mickey's has great interaction and the kids get to dance through the restaurant. The Crystal Palace has the Pooh characters. I like Cape May but it is just another character breakfast buffet.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Although they don't do a family photo, our waitress (using my camera) took a picture of us with Minnie and Goofy. They all took time for us to get up and pose with no sense of needing to hurry.

We enjoyed breakfast there very much. I was especially pleased to find lox and capers to go with my bagels. The character interaction was unhurried and fun.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: