Quantcast Disney Surveying VIP and add-on theme park ticket options

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Surveying VIP and add-on theme park ticket options

Recently posted on another WDW fan website...

Surveys show Disney considering VIP and add-on theme park ticket options for Walt Disney World and Disneyland
    by Ricky Brigante
    Posted on August 11, 2010

Some recent guests to the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Fla. and the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, Calif. have received surveys from Disney surrounding possible future theme park ticketing options.

Ticketing varities and special experiences Disney is considering for both resorts include:

Alternative theme park ticket options

* Partial Day Ticket – Access to theme parks from opening until 3:00 pm or 3:30 pm until closing (between $29 and $49 per guest, per day);
    * Touring Only / No Rides Ticket – Access to theme parks to enjoy everything except the rides and shows with a queue (between $29 and $49 per guest, per day);
    * Disney Theme Park Club, Walt Disney World – Receive a Walt Disney World 7-Day Park Hopper ticket with water park access once per year for 10 years ($2,000 per person, or $200 per year – a savings of more than 50% at current prices.);
    * Disney Theme Park Club, Disneyland – Walt Disney World 5-Day Park Hopper ticket and free parking once per year for 10 years ($1,500 per person, or $150 per year.);
    * Disney California Adventure Discount Ticket – $59 per person, per day if purchased in advance.

VIP Treatment

* Convenience Add-On – Pre-planned itinerary, valet parking, dining reservations, private park entrance ($100 per group, up to 6.);
    * VIP Attraction Add-On – Unlimited use of Fastpass ($150 per person on top of regular park admission, subject to availability.);

Exclusive experiences

* Be Part of the Magic Add-On – Four to six hour experience “side-by-side” with select Disney characters including a “makeover,” private meet ‘n’ greet with ride experience, photo session, themed meal, and private transportation (Examples: Princess or Buzz Lightyear. $1,500 per group, up to 6.);
    * Character Nights – Nighttime visit to the Magic Kingdom or Disneyland park with all attraction wait times at 10 minutes or less, special fireworks, unlimited snacks, and more character experiences ($125 per person, per day);
    * Premium Holiday Ticket – Entrance to the Magic Kingdom or Disneyland on popular holidays with a limit on the number of guests allowed in the park, allowing more time with characters and shorter lines for attractions ($99 per person, per day – $17 more than the current one-day ticket);

Outside the theme parks

* All-Inclusive Disney Resort (Walt Disney World) – Unlimited food and non-alcoholic beverages, resort recreation (boat rentals, parasailing, etc.), amenities (Internet access, gym, etc.) ($40 – $80 per person, per night. Does not include room rate.);

The idea of Disney having VIP experiences for an extra cost has often been debated among Disney theme park regulars. Those with money to burn would surely enjoy the benefits of unlimited Fastpass or pre-planned schedules with little-to-no waiting in line for popular attractions. However, guests who can only afford Disney theme park vacations every once in a while worry that their experience will be cheapened by those who are able to skip lines and reserve seating simply by giving the Mouse a few hundred extra bucks.

Universal Orlando, Disney’s primary theme park competitor in Florida, already offers an Express pass for an extra cost (and far less than $150 per person), allowing those who are willing to pay more to skip lines ahead of those who only purchase admission tickets. Disney’s existing Fastpass system is free but has limitations and available Fastpass tickets often run out early in the day for the most popular attractions.

The logistics of enforcing the partial day and no-ride tickets are unknown. How would certain guests be asked to leave at 3 p.m. or be turned away from attractions? Would all guests be required to show a valid ticket before entering an attraction? It’s not unheard of. In Disneyland’s early years, the system required guests to purchase tickets for each ride they wanted to enjoy.

Families who travel to Disney theme park regularly year after year would certainly enjoy savings in the “Theme Park Club” offerings above. Even at current ticket prices, when broken down per-year, the up-front cost of $1,500 or $2,000 is at least a 50% discount and Disney tickets rise in price nearly every year.

But remember, none of these tickets or experiences are currently available. These are options Disney is only considering, as described in recent online surveys. Depending on the reaction from those taking the survey, we may or may not see any of them actually come to the parks in the future.
    80s: Poly X 2, LBR X 3;
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    DL - Grand Californian 3/06
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10
    BLT @ the CR, 9/09, 12/10 - Daddy-Daughter Trip

Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, and 3/11

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

I think that if they offered the "Theme Park Club" offerings, my wife would jump ALL OVER that. Especially as a DVC member....I mean, basically once we had bought the pass, all we would have to do is show up and pay for food.

Hey, 500th post!
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

And the band played on...

Post Thanks / Like

Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    So you folks think every idea in here is bad?

A big discount for prepaying ten years of visits? Bad?

The return and enhancement of e-ride nights? Bad?

Cheaper tickets for folks who just want to be in the park (no rides) with their family...bad?
    Last edited by MidnTPK; 08-12-2010 at 11:50 AM. Reason: clarify
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10

Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, and 3/11

Post Thanks / Like

Not really fond of the options... the current free Fastpass system keeps things equal, all you have to do is choose to use it (and it is always surprising to me how many people don't). I wouldn't want to watch people with "money to burn" laud it over the rest of us as we use the "poor man's system". And I sure wouldn't want to be waiting in longer lines while these folks cruised by b/c they have more $$, either... that would really crush a lot of magic.

Not sure the whole "Theme Park Club" would really be worth it... $2000 up front when you don't know what the future holds (as far as being able to go each & every year) and our trips are more like 10 day park hopper trips, so we'd have to pay out of pocket for a 3-day, which would more than negate any savings. Plus, we never buy our tickets from Disney, so our 10-day hopper is WAY less than the cost of that 7-day for $200 and then adding on 3 more days.

I DO like the partial day or touring only options... if Disney could be sure they could control it. Plenty of people just want the magic and the ambience and could do w/o the rides.

As we'd probably never head to the parks on a holiday because of the crazy lines and wall-to-wall people, I guess limiting the # of guests and having holiday-specific tickets would make it attractive... but then again, paying an extra $400 for our family to be there on a holiday, when we've already paid over $1000 for our "regular" tickets, would again push it out of our range. So - although it sounds good in theory to have a more controlled holiday crowd, not at that kind of cost, I don't think.

So.... just my , for whatever it's worth...
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I can get on board with the Partial Day tickets and Theme Park Club(s), but some of these others just seem like money grabs....

Walt's ideas of "Plussing" the parks/attractions/etc. is quickly turning into the corporation "Plussing" the bottom line for themselves.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MidnTPK View Post

Cheaper tickets for folks who just want to be in the park (no rides) with their family...bad?
    Prepaying looks good on the surface. But, you never know what the future holds. There are no specifics given. Can you save up your tickets and go for a month every four years?
    DO they expire after Dec 31 of said year? Too many questions.

I hate E-nights. You pay the same for your ticket Monday when the park closes at 6 as you did on Friday when it closed at 3AM? I realize this happens with parties, but at least they are mostly in the fall/Christmas season and are well scheduled. People who don't get hoppers would be screwed!

No ride ticket would simply make the rest of the park not enjoyable. There would be too many people in an already crowded spot and just think what it would be like at Wishes and the parades!! Not to mention the hassle of having to show your ticket at every ride. The ride lines would take longer and tempers would flare way sooner with more frequency. Definitely a bad idea.

And all the extra pay per experience ideas. Magic Killers
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

I'm all for the Unlimited FP ticket. They already do this at Legoland, and Universal. I see NOTHING wrong with offering that, for people who want to pay for it.

Partial day ticket, as well, seems like a fair idea. They already have these for convention attendees, so I'm sure they have the logistics in place. Seems like it would only REALLY work as a 3pm-close type deal, though, as it would be impossible to make people leave the park midday.

Touring Only / No Rides Ticket – Access to theme parks to enjoy everything except the rides and shows with a queue (between $29 and $49 per guest, per day);

No. Please don't do this. Don't ever do this...

"Unlimited Resort" seems like a good option. If it comes out to be cheaper than the old Platinum Plan, then that would be a good option to have.

The rest of them...no. There is no need for any of those others.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with previous posters...

I think it's a terrible idea!!!

Too many people running around with different ticket types makes for a lot of confusion with the CM's.

Grandma thought she could go on It's a Small World even though she bought the I'm standing around pass...

The people with extra money to spend will always pay for upgrades. They keep the economy stimulated...
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

I was speculating about the all-inclusive thing several months back.

As far as whether these are good ideas, I am sure there are lots of people that will love it. Is it ok for them to do this? Of course. It's their business. Do I like it? Meh.

None of this generates a "Wow, now I can't wait to get back to Walt Disney World!" feeling at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessgirls View Post
    Grandma thought she could go on It's a Small World even though she bought the I'm standing around pass...
    As long as one member of her party doesn't want to ride It's A Small World, they can swap out. I don't know how this could ever be policed. Photo identification at each queue line? Biometric stations at each queue line?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Not really fond of the options... the current free Fastpass system keeps things equal, all you have to do is choose to use it (and it is always surprising to me how many people don't). I wouldn't want to watch people with "money to burn" laud it over the rest of us as we use the "poor man's system". And I sure wouldn't want to be waiting in longer lines while these folks cruised by b/c they have more $$, either... that would really crush a lot of magic.
    What if it didn't mean waiting in longer lines? Is the fact that some people paid for special access the thing that bothers you?

Suppose that instead of unlimited FastPasses, people could pay up for pre-scheduled FastPasses. Like the night before, people use the interactive TV in their room, and schedule all their FastPasses for the next day. This would keep these people out of the regular FastPass and standby queuing systems...and steer them to underutilized rides. All resulting in everybody waiting the same as before...or maybe less.
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessgirls View Post
    Too many people running around with different ticket types makes for a lot of confusion with the CM's.
    Well, the original A-B-C-D-E ticket ride system worked quite well for a long time. I'm sure today's CMs could easily adapt...especially with today's technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    As long as one member of her party doesn't want to ride It's A Small World, they can swap out. I don't know how this could ever be policed. Photo identification at each queue line? Biometric stations at each queue line?
    From Disney operational perspective, it isn't really about who rides a ride...its about how many people in the park are authorized to ride the rides. I guess there's some potential for fraud and abuse, but I doubt that's the biggest hurdle.

But likely this would be surmounted by adoption of a queue-less system, as was tested earlier this year at RnRC (and sounds like is being implemented at the new Dumbo). This system likely requires people to present their admission media at the queue entrance for all rides.
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    None of this generates a "Wow, now I can't wait to get back to Walt Disney World!" feeling at all.
    These ideas do for me. I really like the idea of knowing that I'll be able to experience everything I want. At $600 a day (family of four), I'll wait in regular lines....or if I win the lottery get a VIP tour guide (exists today) for just a few bucks more. But at $600 for my whole trip, I'm in.

And Universal has generated this feeling for me and many friends and family who've stayed on-site at their hotels gotten the express access.
    Last edited by MidnTPK; 08-12-2010 at 01:09 PM. Reason: typos
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10

Post Thanks / Like

I generally disagree with the idea that WDW should make all guests be treated equally. Everybody is NOT equal, some people are more successful than others and some are just plain lucky. I work hard and save and if I want to enjoy the fruit of my labor by blowing huge chunks of cash for the fun of it, at WDW or anywhere else, why should I be denied spending the extra bucks I want because somebody thinks it's not fair?

The feelings that many express about being cheated if somebody else gets to go in without waiting because they paid extra is nothing more than jealousy. Jealousy will make you a very unhappy person because no matter what, you can always find someone with more, bigger and better than what you have. How anyone who can afford to enjoy WDW in the first place can complain about someone else having a better time there is completely beyond me. I'm just glad to be fortunate enough to have ever had the opportunity to be there. So what is it to me if someone else gets to go every year, or several times a year. Should Disney put a limit on that too?

Even if WDW put policies in place to make everyone have the same exact experience, just remember, all WDW guests would be equal, but some WDW guest would still be more equal than others. Or to put it another way. When everybody is special, nobody is.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

But likely this would be surmounted by adoption of a queue-less system, as was tested earlier this year at RnRC (and sounds like is being implemented at the new Dumbo). This system likely requires people to present their admission media at the queue entrance for all rides.
    I don't recall ever seeing this thread so I appreciate the reference. There were several valid points brought up that make me question if I'd enjoy the queue-less system.

Right now, I'm just not digging these changes. Perhaps if I see things implemented and working efficiently, I'll change my mind.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

So you folks think every idea in here is bad?
    While some ideas stink worse than others, all appear to be bad IMHO.

Too many variables in life and Disney pricing strategy for this to be realistic. If you get one ticket every 365 days, you would be forced to visit Disney or loose them, as I am sure Disney would make this tickets valid only during a 365 day window. You could have the same problem buying into DVC, but at least if you can't make your annual trip to use your DVC points, you can rent those points and actually make money! Tickets are not transferable so you would have to use them or loose them, at least based on how I speculate it would work.

I think I paid $12 for an E-ride night in 2004. Charging $125 per head is obscene.

While this one is low on my "terrible idea" scale, I look at it like wrecks on the Interstate... too many rubber-neckers will create congestion and slow me down.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

What if it didn't mean waiting in longer lines? Is the fact that some people paid for special access the thing that bothers you?
    Nope, I wouldn't mind at all if it didn't mean longer lines. You want to pay to go thru a special queue that allows you on a ride immediately?? Go for it, as long as it doesn't mean the rest of us wait for you. I get to enjoy all the fun of themeing that is built into the queues while you just race ride to ride & miss the magic. But what I would NOT like is to see people paying more and taking away the fun for the rest of us, if we ended up having to wait for extended periods of time to accomodate something like this.

I'm sure there are people out there that would dislike it for jealousy's sake... and they are the same people who think it's unfair that some people "get to" stay at deluxe resorts or travel more frequently. I say if you've worked for it and earned it (or are just plain lucky) then by all means, use it and enjoy yourself. My experience isn't lessened by where you stayed or how often you travel.

But pay more for something that takes away from others, that would seem to be the line that shouldn't be crossed.
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: