Quantcast Woman Sues Disney!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Woman Sues Disney!

Here we go again folks! From WESH

Woman Sues Disney, Claims 'Donald Duck' Groped Her
    Woman Files $50,000 Lawsuit

ORLANDO, Fla. --

A Pennsylvania woman said she was groped by Donald Duck at Walt Disney World and has filed a lawsuit with the company for $50,000.

April Magolon, 27, of Upper Darby said she was touched inappropriately by Donald Duck while visiting Epcot in May 2008. She said the costumed character grabbed her chest and made joking gestures while she was holding one of her kids, according to a 38-page civil lawsuit.

In the suit, Magolon said that she is traumatized two years after the incident and suffers from anxiety, headaches, nausea, cold sweats, insomnia, nightmares, flashbacks and digestive problems.

The suit also cites a 2004 case when Disney cast member Michael Chartrand was accused of inappropriately touching a 13-year-old girl and her mom while dressed as Tigger. Twenty-four similar complaints also surfaced, WESH 2 News reported.

A jury dismissed the charges against Chartrand after his attorney donned the Tigger suit in court to show how hard it is to see and how little workers can feel with their hands while wearing the over-sized mittens.

In the suit, Magolon claims that Disney is guilty of putting profits over public safety in covering up the characters’ alleged actions. The suit said the incident ruined the family's vacation and terrorized her to the point that she still can't perform her daily duties.

Magolon is suing Disney for negligence, battery, and infliction of emotional distress and is seeking more than $50,000 in damages.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

There's so many things wrong with this i don't even know where to begin ...........
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I will say that I believe that action was taken internally as a result of probably "The Great Tigger Incident".

I noticed servers at many of the character meals keeping tabs on the characters and even scolding them when they did something possibly inappropriate. Our server at Chef Mickey's yelled at Pluto for something during our meet that she must of thought was inappropriate, yet I didn't even catch.

Hmmm... That gives me an idea! I wonder if the camcorder was rolling, I smell a payday!

Post Thanks / Like

I cannot believe some people.Really!!!! Before you know it we won't be able to get within 10ft. of the characters.I'm not buying the part of her being traumatized to the point of her not being able to function.It sounds like $50,000.00 will make her normal again.lol How pathetic !!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

...suffers from anxiety, headaches, nausea, cold sweats, insomnia, nightmares, flashbacks and digestive problems.
    These are the symptoms of alcohol withdrawal.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    I just LOVE Scar, he gets right to the heart of the matter! Really, what some people will do for a free buck.: Those characters don't go out there alone anyway.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Only $50,000? If all that was wrong with me I'd want a lot more .

When you google this girl, the article pops up on a lot of celeb news sites (think Perez Hlton) with comments. Some say that because of Donald's stature it is frequently a woman in the costume. Does anyone know if that's true?
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    When you google this girl, the article pops up on a lot of celeb news sites (think Perez Hlton) with comments.
    Yeah, I was looking for pictures too... You know what they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post

My guess is she is trying to say that she now has PTSD because of the "incident" People are really out to make a quick buck off of anything, instead of earning their money through hard work they try scams.
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

ºoº "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    There's so many things wrong with this i don't even know where to begin ...........
    My thoughts exactly...people are so stupid.
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'm with the rest of you. Wow. And she was holding one of her kids. So, you're holding a child, picture it, and the person in costume is gesturing in the area of your chest... wouldn't most people assume the character was referring to the child? I don't think it's possible for a character to "grab" your chest with the costumed hands, let alone around the child she was holding? Scar, you might be on to something.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Good grief. Took two years to decide to sue or two years to find a lawyer dumb enough to go along. Wonder if she still eats wings?
    Live Life Joyfully!
    [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]'73 - DL;
    '78, '89 - DW -off property;
    '94, 00, '07 - Dixie Landing; '96 - CBR; '98 - CSR;
    '99 - Disney Cruise;
    '01 - WL Christmas Celebration; '03, '06, '12, '13
    '10 POFQ; '11 POP (2x)

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

How crazy... groping? In those costumes?? How many of us have been in a picture with a character who goes to put their arms around us and/or our kids and part of their costume hits an unintentional area? Like they can even feel anything in those hands! Sheesh. And two years later?? Wow, that's an awfully long time to be so sick and not do anything about it. If I was that traumatized, I'd have been doing something about it WAY before now.... sounds like she read about those symptoms somewhere, b/c I have a hard time believing ANYONE would be that physically & psychologically ill, even if they DID truly believe a character was inappropriate.

You'd think people would really think through their accusations before making themselves a laughing stock in front of the general public, but maybe that's just me...

Anything for a buck, I guess... or make that 50K of them.... I hope this gets laughed out of court!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Post Web Cam

Being this was Donald "Duck" she should have caught it on a "Web Cam".
    Sorry, I just had to say it.
    Lanny
    Have been going to WDW since 1981
    Have a Great Day
    Health and Happiness to all Disney Freaks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    Only $50,000? If all that was wrong with me I'd want a lot more .
    The original article I saw said over $50,000. I am no expert in the court system, but I believe I read somewhere that $50,000 is the "magical" cut-off that means she could actually be suing for much more. Anything less than $50,000 and that wouldn't be possible.

Again, I'm not an expert on this, so I'm basing this on something I read. Any lawyers around here that can chime in?

Post Thanks / Like

And I bet her future plans for the $50k she "thinks" she is going to get out of this are to go back to Disney World!!! LOL I wouldn't put it past someone so dumb!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

People are pathetic. This is why I like my dogs better than 99% of the people out there.

I've been accidentally brushed in the past a couple times by characters, but it's just because they are usually reaching for my Stitch backpack, or going for a hug, or to kiss my hand...whatever. They are going one way, and I'm going the other, and BOOM! They can't see well, and like others have said, they can't feel things very well with those huge hands. Besides, Donald was probably reaching for the child she was holding and accidentally brushed her chest. Big deal.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still recovering from a Sneezy incident myself - just hope it was a female CM.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh good grief! Pluto at LTT always runs up to me and gives me tons of kisses and licks. Maybe I'm wrong for being able to sleep at night
    Two things You told me: That You are strong, and You love me.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty soon there will be NO character interaction at all. Possibly they'll rope off the characters and we'll be able to wave from afar...
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: