Quantcast 2011 DLR Trip Advice

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2011 DLR Trip Advice

Hello everyone!! I am starting to plan a trip to the DLR for early August 2011 and am curious on what to expect for California Adventure. I last visited in 2005 during the 50th Anniversary and absolutely feel in love with the whole resort. Especially having worked for WDW and being used to that for my whole life.

My concern is are we going to be dealing with a lot of consrtuctions walls still at C.A.? We know that there is a lot of reimaginnering going on but just curious as to what we may expect.

Anyone have their crystal ball out?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You are coming at a good time. It's hard to predict, though, about construction walls.

Little Mermaid will have been open for a few months by that time. No construction in that area.

CarsLand is being constructed behind an existing area which used to be a parking lot/parade float storage area. That area was never accessible to the public, so there are no traditional "construction walls" up. You can see the cranes and such, but they just sort of poke up behind existing buldings. It's very non-intrusive to the guest experience currently. This will continue to the be the case well into next year.

What you may see is some areas around the Hollywood Picture Studios area "walled off" for rethemeing, as well as the entrance plaza.

There will likely be walls up around Mulholland Madness, as it undergoes its transformation to Goofy's Sky Coaster. As well, the area to the left of the coaster might be closed off, since they are refurbishing the current restaurants there to be one large "garden" themed CS location.

Maliboomer might or might not still exist. I have seen no confirmation either way about this, so there may be some work happening here (either removal or retheme).

In general, DCA can be considered a "work in progress" until mid 2012, when its scheduled for completion. The good news is that the park is still open for business, and all the good rides are not affected by the work being done!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

We were just there for a few days and tbh, the construction really did not affect much. So far, we really love the changes that have been made to Paradise Pier, very, very much. I think you will love the cahnges so far, and as BrerGnat said, what is going on is mt really going to affect you much.
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: