Quantcast MNSSHP - Just got off phone with Disney - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
    Just got back from WDW. We were at the MNSSHP on the 14th and we were allowed entry at 4pm. We checked with the concierge desk at POR and also guest relations at MK - both stated 4pm entry.

Had a great time . Hope many of my fellow intercot members will be going to the party. It was a lot of fun.

Kari

Someone else posted this under another thread. Guess we will not know for sure until we go ourselves, which we are in three days! WOO!HOO!!
    Jill
    09/02-Offsite
    02/04-CSR
    05/05-WL
    01/06-AKL, 05/07-BC, 09/07-CSR, 01/09-AKL, 10/09-CSR, 05/10-CSR
    11/11-WL
    09/12- POP me & my DD (15)
    11/13-WL
    11/14-BLT-Ainsley's 1st trip, 01/16-AoA/Disney Cruise, 09/16-WL
    09/16-Offsite
    12/17-CSR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for telling your experience. Glad it worked out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sacandjac View Post
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
    Just got back from WDW. We were at the MNSSHP on the 14th and we were allowed entry at 4pm. We checked with the concierge desk at POR and also guest relations at MK - both stated 4pm entry.

Had a great time . Hope many of my fellow intercot members will be going to the party. It was a lot of fun.

Kari

Someone else posted this under another thread. Guess we will not know for sure until we go ourselves, which we are in three days! WOO!HOO!!

Thank you so much!!!
    April 29-May 3- Coronado springs! Engage celeb
    Feb 21-March 1- DCL Bahamas/PORS Royal guest
    November 15th-22nd Marriott's Grande Villas
    May 2-5th Wilderness Lodge surprise engagement!
    Nov 27th-Dec 4rd 2012- Art Of Animation
    March 7-13th 2012 Fort Wilderness cabin
    100+ since 1977

Post Thanks / Like

I bought tickets yesterday and was told by concierge we could get in at 4pm.

We went to the park around 3:45 and CMs were sending all party guest to the right entry. At 4pm they opened the gates and began letting guest in, and giving out wrist bands.

The park was busy but most rides were walk on even at that time.

We did see quite a few people after 7pm that did not have on wrist bands. The only place they seemed to be checking for them were for the candy lines.
    Justin ├o┤﴾o﴿├o┤

Apr 83 - Offsite
    Aug 83 - FW
    Aug 85 - FW
    Aug 87 - FW
    Sep 01 - All Star(Honeymoon)
    Jun 05 - FW
    Dec 07 - FW
    Mar 08 - FW
    Aug 08 - Disneyland (Offsite)
    Dec 09 - FW
    Feb 10 - Offsite-Business Trip
    Sep 10 - All Star
    Next Trip?

Post Thanks / Like

I've done the parties before so this is just a silly comment. I know folks will hit me for it....

I'm not paying for the MVMCP when we go in November. I'm not happy that the parks close early just to allow Disney to make even more money while shortening my experience but I deal with it, although I've never been happy my ticket is devalued by the hard ticket parties.
    I see folks on here saying why shouldn''t they be allowed in earlier than the official start of the party, as much as 3 hours. OK, if that is allowed why am I not allowed to enjoy the park 3 hours AFTER the start of the party? Are you saying when you get in 3 hours early you are just going to sit there and enjoy the view, riding nothing? The hard ticket folks are infringing on my time and taking my place in line while still getting to enjoy the later, less crowded times that I didn't have the desire to spend an extra $150 for the family to attend. I paid for my ticket already.
    You say it's not fair that folks linger in the park after 7:00? I say it's the same "not fair" to allow folks in before 7:00. I don't take your time. Don't take mine.
    We're almost complete...
    Disney Magic
    Polynesian
    Coronado Springs
    Caribbean Beach
    Port Orleans
    Yacht Club
    Beach Club
    Wilderness Lodge
    Grand Floridian
    Contemporary
    Dixie Landings
    Animal Kingdom
    Boardwalk
    AS Sports/Music/Movies
    Pop Century
    Disney Institute
    Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

Only the MK is affected by the parties. Just go to Epcot instead on the day of the party and you an enjoy every minute of the parks regular hours.

And remember nobody is guaranteed a certain number of hours in any Disney Park just because you buy a ticket. Disney is very fond of this disclaimer: "park operating hours and show times are subject to change without notice"

Go in the summer and peak times and MK is open from 9 am to midnight or later (15 hours), but in the off season it closes at 8 on many nights (11 hours), yet the price of admission is the same.

Life, and Disney World, too, ain't always "fair".
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

We are going to MNSSHP on Oct 28th...sorry too late to offer any help. 34 Days....!!!!!
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Frakers-there are two sides to it. Now we go to the party every year, and buy park hopper tickets, and so it is a non issue for us what time they let us in. BUT,if I was at the MK and NOT going to the party, and there were guests there at 4 pm that ONLY bought party tickets , which starts at 7 pm, riding the rides, getting character photos, etc...I would be irritated. Your time, that you paid for, starts at 7 pm...this is my time now, that I have paid for...until the party starts. I would not want my time taken away from me with people who are there early for an event....just the SAME as if I was at the Party, and there were guests there, riding rides, etc...that did not pay for the party and that time, and therefore making lines longer, etc for those of us who did pay. Its the same either way. We went to the party on the 18th, and didnt get there until close to 7 pm bc we were at another park. It was not chaos getting in at all. Now we were leaving the MK at 5 pm on the 14, the first day of the party. They had the MNSSHP entrance set up, were giving out the wrist bands, bags, etc... It was not an issue that day.
    2 TRIPS AS A CHILD!
    00-CBR 1st trip with now husband!
    05 ASM
    07 CR & 1st MNSSHP
    08 POFQ MNSSHP
    09 BW MNSSHP
    10 AKL MNSSHP
    11 CS MNSSHP!
    12 Two DL Trips & MNSSHP
    13 POLY MNSSHP
    14 WL MNSSHP
    15 POLY MNSSHP
    16 CS & 10th MNSSHP
    17 POR & MNSSHP
    18 AKL 1st MVMCP
    19 POR MNSSHP

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

We are really the OP simply stated what they were told, and while I do believe the cm said this, cm's have been proven wrong time & time again. I think this thread is being taken down an unnecessary road debating what is "right & wrong" & I am surprised we are still debating this issue.

Bottom lime, the party is 7-12 midnight. If Disney is nice enough to let MNSSHP or MVMCP guest in early, it is not the party guest fault they have been let in early, and they should not have to be made to feel guilty they are getting extra time in the park. This is Disney's decision, and a smart one because it would be a complete mad house if 15,000 or however many people had to wait in line until 7.

Let's leave it at that and move on.
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

ºoº "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

The thing that confuses me about this is... why doesn't Disney come out with an offical policy on this, and stick with it?
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    I'm not positive, but I don't the call center is anywhere near WDW. For some reason I'm thinking Tampa maybe?
    Unless I'm mistaking this call center for another one, it's definitely located on WDW property.

I know someone whose wife works there and I've been told it's located down the road from Ft. Wilderness, somewhat behind the Port Orleans resort area.

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    The thing that confuses me about this is... why doesn't Disney come out with an offical policy on this, and stick with it?
    You could ask that question about a million different things at Disney. I'll never understand why there are so many "unwritten rules" and loopholes in their guest policies.

I swear, they're like Major League Baseball or something!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Unless I'm mistaking this call center for another one, it's definitely located on WDW property.
    But there is also one located in Tampa.

Post Thanks / Like

The Reservation Center is located in Tampa.
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Well since the OP used the word "agent" when describing who they were speaking to, I assume it was the Tampa center then.

I think only maybe the WDW help folks are located on property?
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frakers View Post
    I've done the parties before so this is just a silly comment. I know folks will hit me for it....

I'm not paying for the MVMCP when we go in November. I'm not happy that the parks close early just to allow Disney to make even more money while shortening my experience but I deal with it, although I've never been happy my ticket is devalued by the hard ticket parties.
    I see folks on here saying why shouldn''t they be allowed in earlier than the official start of the party, as much as 3 hours. OK, if that is allowed why am I not allowed to enjoy the park 3 hours AFTER the start of the party? Are you saying when you get in 3 hours early you are just going to sit there and enjoy the view, riding nothing? The hard ticket folks are infringing on my time and taking my place in line while still getting to enjoy the later, less crowded times that I didn't have the desire to spend an extra $150 for the family to attend. I paid for my ticket already.
    You say it's not fair that folks linger in the park after 7:00? I say it's the same "not fair" to allow folks in before 7:00. I don't take your time. Don't take mine.

Why not go the other nights that the parks are open later instead of thinking your ticket is de-valued because of a party???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess21 View Post
    We are really the OP simply stated what they were told, and while I do believe the cm said this, cm's have been proven wrong time & time again. I think this thread is being taken down an unnecessary road debating what is "right & wrong" & I am surprised we are still debating this issue.

Bottom lime, the party is 7-12 midnight. If Disney is nice enough to let MNSSHP or MVMCP guest in early, it is not the party guest fault they have been let in early, and they should not have to be made to feel guilty they are getting extra time in the park. This is Disney's decision, and a smart one because it would be a complete mad house if 15,000 or however many people had to wait in line until 7.

Let's leave it at that and move on.

I am pretty sure they limit the tickets to one third of what is allowed during the day.. I think 15K is way to many people and I think you would notice the lines would be over an hour for almost all the rides..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSad View Post
    Why not go the other nights that the parks are open later instead of thinking your ticket is de-valued because of a party???
    Because I don't want to. Why should I have to? Because you say I should? You're assuming I'm there for "X" number of nights.
    Last edited by frakers; 09-23-2010 at 10:29 AM. Reason: add
    We're almost complete...
    Disney Magic
    Polynesian
    Coronado Springs
    Caribbean Beach
    Port Orleans
    Yacht Club
    Beach Club
    Wilderness Lodge
    Grand Floridian
    Contemporary
    Dixie Landings
    Animal Kingdom
    Boardwalk
    AS Sports/Music/Movies
    Pop Century
    Disney Institute
    Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

So there seem to be two issues here:

1) Regular day guests stay in the park past 7pm (and shop or eat) but they cannot do the attractions because they have no wrist bands.

and

2) The Hard Ticket guests get to come in early at 4pm even though they're paying for a ticket that starts at 7pm.

Disney seems to have no problem with either-and the big complaint seems to be the extra people at the attractions in both scenarios.

So I think Disney should keep everything the same, but make one simple rule: Like you see in many bars, the wristbands should be paper and non-removable unless they're cut off. Hard ticket guests will get one put on their wrist when they enter at 4pm. Then: No guest with a wristband may do an attraction before 7pm and no guest without a wrsitband may do an attraction after 7pm.

This way both overlap groups could be in the park together doing what Disney wants (which is shopping and eating), but the attractions remain available only to those who have paid for the corresponding ticket.

Probably even better would be a visible handstamp. If you're stamped, you can't ride before 7pm. And if you're not stamped, you can't ride after 7pm.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I decided to make calls short of talking to Mickey as I was worried about my 7:30 ADR and not allowing early entry.

I was told yes on early entry. This helps in the smooth transfer from regular day operations to the Halloween event.

My thoughts are the parks hold only so many people and at any time of the day that park for any reason may or may not be at capacity.

Lots of people are leaving as the party crowed is arriving. I never saw a problem a don't think it is a problem.

Oh an Donald says hello!
    1977 FW, 1990 CBBR, 2000 POR,
    2006 ASM, 2007 ASM, 2008 GF
    2009 POP, 2010 ASM, 2010 POP
    2012 POP

POP AGAIN! 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SelfmadeWade View Post
    So I think Disney should keep everything the same, but make one simple rule: Like you see in many bars, the wristbands should be paper and non-removable unless they're cut off. Hard ticket guests will get one put on their wrist when they enter at 4pm. Then: No guest with a wristband may do an attraction before 7pm and no guest without a wrsitband may do an attraction after 7pm.

This way both overlap groups could be in the park together doing what Disney wants (which is shopping and eating), but the attractions remain available only to those who have paid for the corresponding ticket.
    How would you handle someone who has a right to be in the park before the party but also has party tickets and enters around 4 p.m.? For example, I've had annual passes which would allow me into the park during regular park hours. However, I've entered the Magic Kingdom around 4 or so and, instead of using my annual pass, I've used my party ticket and gotten a wristband. This was mostly done for my convenience - so I wouldn't have to worry about getting a wrist band later.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: