Quantcast Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

I have been to Disney 10 times in the 11 years i am married to my wonderful husband. we have been there in January (saw some of the decorations for xmas), April, August, Sept (Halloween, didnt make the mnsshp we all had the flu and were in the room the entire trip) and now we are finally going in november following thanksgiving and i am so excited to be there for the christmas decorations. we have several reservations at the hotels for various meals so we will be seeing the decorations there so i was wondering if i should go to the xmas party. is it worth the extra money? we have a wonderful 2 year old boy and i was wondering if it is worth taking him to that, i know i would love to be there to see it snow in florida what other things would i be missing if we don't go aside from the hot coco and cookies? any info would be great!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by nfrustaci View Post
    I have been to Disney 10 times in the 11 years i am married to my wonderful husband. we have been there in January (saw some of the decorations for xmas), April, August, Sept (Halloween, didnt make the mnsshp we all had the flu and were in the room the entire trip) and now we are finally going in november following thanksgiving and i am so excited to be there for the christmas decorations. we have several reservations at the hotels for various meals so we will be seeing the decorations there so i was wondering if i should go to the xmas party. is it worth the extra money? we have a wonderful 2 year old boy and i was wondering if it is worth taking him to that, i know i would love to be there to see it snow in florida what other things would i be missing if we don't go aside from the hot coco and cookies? any info would be great!
    The Mickey Very Merry Christmas Party is 100% worth it IMHO. This will be my 3rd year in a row to attend the MVMCP. You can only see the Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade & the special holiday version of wishes while at the party. Also, they have special dance parties with the characters that you child might get a kick out of. The rides for the lines are virtually non existent. They also have a cute Christmas stage show at Cinderella's castle.

I would reccommend trying the party atleast once.
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the first response - you should do it at least once. It's a great time - you really can get in the Holiday spirit if you can relax and let it wash over you. There are lots of little extras aside from the big obvious extras (parade and fireworks) which are outstanding. My only word of caution would be to consider the stamina of your 2 yr old DS. You might consider letting him rest and nap before you go. It's fun to close down the party, but might make for a very late night and a seriously over-stimulated baby boy.
    First Trip - January 2003

DVC
    Kidani Village - AKL
    Bay Lake Tower
    Riviera Resort

VMK - QueenThump & BrerFan

Post Thanks / Like

I have been and it was really nice but didn't think I would ever do it again. Once was enough. However, this year I am taking someone who has never been to WDW and it is something I think everyone needs to experience at least once - so I am definitely going again. Take advantage of the hot chocolate and cookies and mingling with everyone. It really gets you in the Christmas mood.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Just ordered our tickets today and we are really excited about going. We have been to MNSSHP twice and it was very much worth it. Hope this will be too.

Post Thanks / Like

If you go with a two year old, I'd suggest making sure he has a nap that day. Going to the party in the evening can make a long day for a child that age!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

tks to all. i have been watching the parade on you tube with my ds and he is very excited. i had him there last year when he was one and when he sees the castle on tv he gets very very excited and starts pointing. so i guess we will be attending the mvmcp.... i thought i was more excited about going again but my ds may be more excited than i am. i have always loved going to disney with my dh every year since we have been married and have always cried at the sight of the castle but since last year it has had a whole new meaning to me (as i sit here and cry while i am typing this) . so off the the mvmcp for the 3 of us.

Post Thanks / Like

wife and I are visiting for our first time in november when the christmas party is going on.

would it be worth the cost if our main reason is the special christmas fireworks?

also how hard would it be to get tickets a day or 2 before in early november?
    "there`s a great big beautiful tomorrow"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dyin tago View Post
    would it be worth the cost if our main reason is the special christmas fireworks?

also how hard would it be to get tickets a day or 2 before in early november?
    You're the only one who can decide if you get enough value out of the party just to see the fireworks. If you go, I'd also suggest seeing the wonderful holiday parade, the holiday show at the Castle and snow on Main Street!

No way of knowing if the party will sell out for the dates you want to attend. If they are mid-week parties, they are less likely to sell out.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the input,much appreciated

we will also have the benefit of doing the park at night which we really enjoy.

we also have only done july and september before so we may not be so exhausted from the heat by evening!
    "there`s a great big beautiful tomorrow"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nfrustaci View Post
    tks to all. i have been watching the parade on you tube with my ds and he is very excited. i had him there last year when he was one and when he sees the castle on tv he gets very very excited and starts pointing. so i guess we will be attending the mvmcp.... i thought i was more excited about going again but my ds may be more excited than i am. i have always loved going to disney with my dh every year since we have been married and have always cried at the sight of the castle but since last year it has had a whole new meaning to me (as i sit here and cry while i am typing this) . so off the the mvmcp for the 3 of us.
    Yea!

I hope you guys have a magical vacation!
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: