Quantcast Somewhat disappointed in the MNSSHP - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit that from what I saw I thought they were doing a pretty good job of getting people out of the park so that it was only ticket holders attending. We went to the one on 9/18 and noticed that there were CM standing in front of the doors to the stores and would not let people in even to shop if they didn't have a writs band, ours were checked, and we saw other people turned away that didn't have them. We were also asked multiple times to show our wristbands at various spots throughout the park, in candy lines, and also for rides. There was one CM I was actually really impressed with, during the second parade she was actively telling people to get down and off of things even though those customers weren't happy about it. I thought it was great she was enforcing those rules!

I will admit there was quite a crowd when we first entered for the party since they had main street split for those entering and those leaving but once out of that area, we didn't notice a lot of crowds at all! We had a great time and can't wait to go to another one!
    Kristina
    "A dream can be a dream come true, with just that spark in me and you" - Figment & Dreamfinder

Oct 2017 WL
    Oct 2014 WL
    May 2013 WL (DS 1st Trip) - Club Level
    Sep 2010 WL
    May 09 WL
    Oct 08 Poly
    Jun 07 WL (Disneymoon)
    Jul 04 WL
    Apr 2000 GF
    1982-1999 Offsite

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to chime in to say that we have attended the party twice in the last 3 yrs and had a great experience both times. We were not overrun by non-paying party goers. Were there some non-paying guests there? Probably. Honestly, I don't know because I was too busy having fun to notice. CM's seemed to be doing a decent job checking wrist bands. I'm sure there are off nights just like anything, but I think their current procedures work well enough.

People who are truly motivated will probably find a way to cheat, but that's life. Some people steal. Some people scam. Some bad guys get caught and some don't. I'm not going to dwell on it. I will continue to do the right thing by paying for my admission and I will not let the cheaters spoil my fun.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I posted my last post before I got quite all the way through and I have to say this really surprised me.
    All the people who are saying what may have happened, and what happened when they were there, actually is annoying me somewhat. I guess some people can see no wrong in anything Disney does, but for someone who frequents the place, I see both the good and the bad. I saw the people in the character lines, I saw the people on the rides, and I saw the people at the fireworks and the parades with no wristbands.
    I was at the exact same party 9/18 and did the same thing where we were at another park and arrived at the MK just after 7 and agree that main street was a mob sceen, but aside from that I really didn't see anything else that you've pointed out, but the opposite. Now this isn't my opinion, it's an observation, just as you are writing about yourself. I've been to Disney 20 times in the last 25 year so I am also aware of the good and bad of Disney.

I don't mean this to be in any way offensive it was just an observation since I was at the exact same party and hope it will be viewed as such. We had a great time!
    Kristina
    "A dream can be a dream come true, with just that spark in me and you" - Figment & Dreamfinder

Oct 2017 WL
    Oct 2014 WL
    May 2013 WL (DS 1st Trip) - Club Level
    Sep 2010 WL
    May 09 WL
    Oct 08 Poly
    Jun 07 WL (Disneymoon)
    Jul 04 WL
    Apr 2000 GF
    1982-1999 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lovinmesomedisney View Post
    Well, since it was quite warm that evening, yes my wristband was quite visible, but the bare wrist of those without wristbands was also VERY visible. This is why I have such a problem with the way this party was handled. I WAS THERE! I witnessed it. All the people who are saying what may have happened, and what happened when they were there, actually is annoying me somewhat. I guess some people can see no wrong in anything Disney does, but for someone who frequents the place, I see both the good and the bad. I saw the people in the character lines, I saw the people on the rides, and I saw the people at the fireworks and the parades with no wristbands. We had a group of 10, who all paid admission to this party. It was certainly very frustrating. Yes, we still had fun, we still got candy, but we were still frustrated! It is definitely a flawed system that needs to be corrected.
    I'm not questioning what happened to you but offering a suggestion as to why you weren't asked to show your wristband. That is what I was commenting on.

I don't think everything that Disney does is right.

What bothers me is your comment about staying and not paying "like everybody else". I certainly do not stay for a party I didn't pay for.

Post Thanks / Like

We went to the party in 2006. I realize that was awhile ago, and maybe policies have changed. But I specifically remember not being asked to see my wristband the entire night. I didn't pay attention to see if others had them on, but I did wonder how they knew I belonged there.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    When we went Friday, There were plenty of people checking our wristbands. We couldn't get into the stores without showing our wristbands or candy lines or even enter Adventureland.
    We were there on Friday as well and there were a lot of CM's checking our wristbands. I was actually surprised at how many check-points we had to pass during the first part of the party.
    Adults are only kids grown up...

March 2013 - Beach Club
    October 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    September 2009 - Contemporary
    February 2009 - Yacht Club
    April 2008 - Contemporary/Grand Floridian
    October 2007 - DLR - GC -Honeymoon trip!
    March 2007 - Poly
    February 2006 - DLR - Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I guess I should have known better than to post such a thing on Intercot. Heaven forbid if you have any opinion other than the "Regulars." I'm sorry the other people in my group of 10 are not registered on Intercot, so I guess I can't have them tell you what we experienced. For all of you saying it wasn't crowded on the 18th, you must totally have a different perspective of what is and isn't crowded, because that was the most crowded I have seen the Magic Kingdom in 7 Septembers. I guess I should post lies and tell everybody how perfect everything is at DW. Then all the "Regulars" can all say how they agree!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I posted what WE experienced and how WE felt cheated. I don't know if they were checking people as they went in and out of the shops, because we were there for a week, I wasn't wasting my party time in the shops. There were plenty of other opportunities for that. They absolutely were not checking in the candy lines when we went from Toon Town to the Speedway. Also, as I said, in the character line, we, along with several other people, pointed out those without wrist bands and the Cast Member shook her head, like oh well. All I know is, I will never waste $500 on another party.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! What a heated discussion. I do agree Disney needs to better handle the way the parties work since guests are paying extra $$$ to be there.

We went in Oct 2007 (mid-week) and found it to be extremely crowded. Much too crowded to enjoy. I don't recall looking for wristbands on guests, but I just felt they oversell the party itself. Nothing was anywhere close to walk-on as we had been told. Agree something needs to be done - less tickets sold, close park to non-party guests earlier, don't allow party guests in before 6:30pm, etc.

Many ppl try to get what they can from Disney without paying. I think they feel they deserve it since they paid so much to be there in the first place. I also think the CMs need to be better trained and stick to the policies. We always stay on property and you need to show your Key Card at the rides after the park closes for EMH. The CMs do check the cards, but really don't look at them. They don't actually check the dates. The cards all look the same from year to year. I am glad they check, but they don't really. So I am sure many stay for EMH that aren't Disney property guests. The list can go on for ppl trying to get things that are not coming to them.

As far as the park closing early and the ppl feeling they are getting jipped since they paid the ticket for the day, it happens. We booked our last trip from 9/8-9/12. Turns out MK was closing at 7:00pm for Nights of Joy on 9/10 and 9/11. That left us limited on MK nights. We did the best we could with it.

The best we can do is do the right thing. I for one would not stay at the party when I am not suppose to be. Agreed with all the crowds, it is nearly impossible to clear all non-party ppl out. Some many honestly not know. Some may.

We are going next Sept during party dates and I am rethinking the party itself.

Karyn
    Last edited by Disneyfirsttimer; 10-04-2010 at 03:22 PM. Reason: missing text
    CBR (Martinique Bldg 25): April 2006
    CBR (Jamaica Bldg 45): October 2007
    POR (Alligator Bayou 18): March/April 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2011
    POFQ: September 2013
    POFQ: September 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

MODERATOR ALERT!!!

Welcome to the latest and greatest hot topic on INTERCOT! Like any other hot topic, there are extreme feelings on both sides, which sometimes leads to discussions going down a road we don't want to travel.

At this point, I'm going to remind everyone to be respectful of your fellow board members and remember to comment only on the topic at hand. No personal attacks or judgement please.

Thanks everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    MODERATOR ALERT!!!

Welcome to the latest and greatest hot topic on INTERCOT! Like any other hot topic, there are extreme feelings on both sides, which sometimes leads to discussions going down a road we don't want to travel.

At this point, I'm going to remind everyone to be respectful of your fellow board members and remember to comment only on the topic at hand. No personal attacks or judgement please.

Thanks everyone!
    Thanks Mel
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Should people cheat the system and stay inside the park after 7pm, no. But arrests? We do live in a society where the punishment is meant to fit the crime. Do you suggest that a Dad, Mom and there two toddlers be placed into physical custody merely because they didn't make it out of the gate by 716pm? Sounds cruel, unusual and more fitting of a stalinist police state or perhaps an Islamist state where your hands are cut off for stealing.

He who is without sin...cast the first stone...
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

Default Simple

Isn't this whole argument as simple as on "party days" (and there are so many of them now), regular admission guests want to get all they can and party guests want to get all they can.

Day guests say, "Pile the party guests up at the gates until 7pm". Ridiculous.

Party guests say, "Give us a park without a single non-party guest present." Yeah, keep wishing on that star.

My upcoming trip will find me at the MK with my grandson one day as a party guest and another as a day guest. If we're wearing wristbands I don't expect to be denied entry to the BTMRR queue at 5:22pm nor do I expect to have to drag my grandson out of that queue at 7:04pm if we're not wearing wristbands.

If I buy an admission to a WDW park or event and act like a reasonable, responsible guest can't I just go and have fun and make memories with my family?

and I don't want to hear, "It depends on the CM. Some like to catch and punish and are super-strict, others pay no attention."

Post Thanks / Like

Be careful what you wish for. If Disney hears enough complaints maybe they will close park at 6, make everyone leave and let the party people in at 7. That will not only stop the complaints, but ruin alot of things for alot of people. Partiers won't be allowed in early and day people will be made to leave.
    We have gone to MNSSHP and MVMCP many times. Never had a problem.
    Relax and enjoy the fun.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    When we went Friday, There were plenty of people checking our wristbands. We couldn't get into the stores without showing our wristbands or candy lines or even enter Adventureland. There were other small touches missing though such as the fog at the entrance and the giant blow up spider in Tomorrowland. Those types of things are what disappointed me.
    That's odd, I was there on Friday night, as well and I don't think I was asked to show my wristband a single time. I got there at about 5 pm and stayed until past midnight and didn't get checked at all. I personally loved the entire night - walk-on for all the rides, great atmosphere, free candy ... loved it all. This was my first time.

EDIT: I should also point out that I called the Disney line on Friday and was told that I could enter as early as 4 pm.
    "I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff. And I want in."
    - Homer Simpson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goes4FastPass View Post
    nor do I expect to have to drag my grandson out of that queue at 7:04pm if we're not wearing wristbands.
    Unfortunately, this is exactly what should happen. At 7PM, you should be exiting the park and not waiting in a queue. The CMs job should be telling you that you will not be able to get on if you are in line after 7PM. The CM at the ride loading should be checking for your band and deny you entry on the ride.

Call it what you will. People paid money so they don't have to wait behind you after 7PM, not 7:04PM. As you wait to get on the ride at say 7:10, you will be slowly walking and meandering your way out of a park and enjoying benefits that are not afforded to you as a non-party guests.

Personally, I think WDW has <messed up> the entire process. There are much better processes that can be followed to insure people like this are out of the park.

#1 Party tickets get you in at 7PM, not earlier
    #2 Day tickets are only good until 6PM and the park closes at that time to give an hour to herd these people out.
    #3 Day and Party ticket holders are permitted into one roped off area such as Tomorrowland.
    Last edited by Melanie; 10-04-2010 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Implied language
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy'sMom View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. If Disney hears enough complaints maybe they will close park at 6, make everyone leave and let the party people in at 7.
    Up to & including 2005, MK did close at 6 PM on party nights (I wasn't certain if I was remembering this correctly, but the historical hours listed on Intercot seem to verify this). I remember making my way through the people exiting the park & making my way back to Tomorrowland to have my picture taken (anyone remember the free pictures WDW used to give on party nights?). For some reason I kind of remember party guests being directed toward Tomorrowland, specifically so CM's could focus on getting those park guests without party tix to the exits.

It seems like MK closing at 7 PM came about in 2006.
    Michael Bluth: I need access to these files that are apparently for British eyes only.
    Rita: Well, lucky for you, my whole face is British.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy'sMom View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. If Disney hears enough complaints maybe they will close park at 6, make everyone leave and let the party people in at 7. That will not only stop the complaints, but ruin alot of things for alot of people. Partiers won't be allowed in early and day people will be made to leave.
    We have gone to MNSSHP and MVMCP many times. Never had a problem.
    Relax and enjoy the fun.
    This is EXACTLY what I want. Why do people need to enter the party early? If the party is from 7 to midnight, then that's when you should be there. If I am invited to a party at a friend's house, I don't expect to be able to go over 3 hours early. I don't understand the need to get in early. Go to a different park that day and then the MK. Or, go to the MK, then use your party ticket to stay. I don't understand what the big deal is about arriving early.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

For me its to get to a ADR at 7:30. They ask you to get there 20 min early. so If I had to wait in long line of people to get in at 7:00, Wheel like a mad man to Liberty Tavern in ten min would be crazy. Ok maybe they could make allowances for ADR people but it would be crazy at the gate.

We are all getting crazy about the times. The early entry as I have said before as quoted from a CM is all about a smooth transition. Lots of people out as lots come in. Yes there will be cheaters but I don't let that bother me so much. I get to spend a cool FUN night at DISNEY and I get to trick or treat like a kid in the costume of my choice.

Shame on the cheaters ... Boo To You (lol a little Not So Scary Parade humor)
    1977 FW, 1990 CBBR, 2000 POR,
    2006 ASM, 2007 ASM, 2008 GF
    2009 POP, 2010 ASM, 2010 POP
    2012 POP

POP AGAIN! 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedDad View Post
    Unfortunately, this is exactly what should happen. At 7PM, you should be exiting the park and not waiting in a queue. The CMs job should be telling you that you will not be able to get on if you are in line after 7PM. The CM at the ride loading should be checking for your band and deny you entry on the ride.

Call it what you will. People paid money so they don't have to wait behind you after 7PM, not 7:04PM. As you wait to get on the ride at say 7:10, you will be slowly walking and meandering your way out of a park and enjoying benefits that are not afforded to you as a non-party guests.

Personally, I think WDW has <messed up> the entire process. There are much better processes that can be followed to insure people like this are out of the park.

#1 Party tickets get you in at 7PM, not earlier
    #2 Day tickets are only good until 6PM and the park closes at that time to give an hour to herd these people out.
    #3 Day and Party ticket holders are permitted into one roped off area such as Tomorrowland.
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: