Quantcast What did you Lose at Disney?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What did you Lose at Disney?

We just returned from a week at the world and as I was about to head to the store to restock our bare fridge I realized I left my keys at the resort. I called the main line for Beach Club and was transferred to lost & found for Beach Club & Yacht Club. I gave my room number and a description of my key ring. They called me back within an hour to say that they had my keys and were mailing them out to me today. I was a little bit amazed at the efficiency and it got me thinking. They must come across a lot of lost items to keep a lost & found operation just for two resorts with hours 8am-8pm Mon-Fri. Not to mention the lost and found at each park. So, what have you left behind and did you get it back?
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I lost a photo button of my DD in her first year of Color Guard at POP. It was never located. We've also lost a couple of pins along the way.

I thought I left behind my multi-outlet bar at OKW. It turns out that it ended up in my friend's suitcase - she thought it was hers.

I did forget my nightlight at OKW. I didn't bother to call to retrieve it.

Glad to hear that you got your keys back! Those are pretty important!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

When my daughter was 6, she had an autograph book with several autographs already obtained and she left it somewhere in the Magic Kingdom. We didn't realize until later that she didn't have it in her back pack anymore. We tried to retrace our steps, but couldn't find it. We went into the store we had bought it in on Main St and told the CM...who in turn gave her a new autograph book for free! We went on about our trip and about 3 weeks after we were back, a package shows up in the mail from Disney World!! It was her book totally FULL of signatures! It was definitely a wonderful surprise and something my family will never forget!!

Post Thanks / Like

We checked into Poly late one trip. When we got to the room we noticed an overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke like someone had just been in there smoking. My daughter has asthma and this was just unacceptable! So I called the Front Desk and was told that a CM would be right over to assist us in changing rooms. About 15 minutes into the new room I noticed that my daughter's shoes were missing. I called the front desk again to explain that I left them in the other room and was told that they had already checked new guests into that room! Since it was close to 11:00 p.m. I didn't want to go knocking on the door so a CM from housekeeping went over to inquire about the shoes. The new guests claimed that her shoes weren't there. Funny, because I distinctly remember putting them down by the bed. Long story short, the shoes were never recovered and we were never offered any other assistance by anyone at POLY to recover them...we had to go out and buy her another pair of shoes! (we did have a pair of sandals with us but it was her sneakers that were left behind.) Not such a great way to start a vacation!
    Next trip...Fall 2010.

Post Thanks / Like

I left my new iPod nano in the room safe. We called back the same day, after we checked out, but to no avail.

On a brighter note, one time my daughter dropped her favorite stuffed animal at DTD. We searched high and low for it, then went to Guest Relations. They didn't have it, but the gentleman who worked there gave my DD a replacement -- a white seal, and a big swirl lollipop. It was so nice -- DD was quite upset and this made her feel better.

On our way out of DTD, we found her stuffed animal sitting on a sign outside of WoD. Someone had picked him up and put him there in hopes of finding the owner.

After losing stuffed animals at other times, I now require them to wear a "if lost please call xxx" tag if they are leaving the hotel room!

Kathy
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

In '04 lost our daughter's autograph book on Dinosaur. We told a CM about it so they would be aware in hopes they'd be able to retrieve it after shutting down for the night. The next day or day after we went to the lost and found and there it was. Felt better about getting it back.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KatrinaJ91 View Post
    When my daughter was 6, she had an autograph book with several autographs already obtained and she left it somewhere in the Magic Kingdom. We didn't realize until later that she didn't have it in her back pack anymore. We tried to retrace our steps, but couldn't find it. We went into the store we had bought it in on Main St and told the CM...who in turn gave her a new autograph book for free! We went on about our trip and about 3 weeks after we were back, a package shows up in the mail from Disney World!! It was her book totally FULL of signatures! It was definitely a wonderful surprise and something my family will never forget!!
    There is a story about a couple who recently did the same thing for a 9 yr old girl in PA. I heard it on the WDW Today podcast. Here's a link to a video about it:

Autograph Book
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

A few years ago in Epcot, I lost my brand new cell phone right out of my brand new Mickey holder. My husband went to Lost and Found while I found solace in a ...
    Someone had just turned it in and DH was able to prove that it belonged to us when he called my phone and Hakuna Matata played. Now I check when I get out of every ride!
    Everybody has a Laughing Place, a Laughing Place to go oh oh. Take that frown and turn it upside down, and you'll find yours we know oh oh.

Post Thanks / Like

My son (7) lost his beloved Yankee baseball hat this past August. Never went a day without wearing it and it was finally broken in the way he wanted.
    It was really hot that day and I noticed he was taking it off on and putting beside him some rides to wipe away the sweat. I warned him several times not to do this.
    Well - DD and I went to get on the Peoplemover while DH and DS went to Space Mountain. They ended up deciding not to wait in line and boarded Peoplemover shortly after us. Well, I guess DH didn't notice he our son took his hat off. We went from the Peoplemover right to the train to hop over to Adventureland. I noticed sometime during the ride.
    I hightailed it right back to the Peoplemover but it had not been found. A nice CM even watched the next few series of cars in the hopes of spotting it. We went right to lost & found at City Hall and still no luck. I even called central lost and found for the next few days but still no luck. I felt so badly for my son. When DH promised to buy him a new one - he said he didn't want to waste his Dad's money for a new one since it was his carelessness! What a wonderful statement from a 7 year old - needless to say - we immediately got a new one.

8/11 CSR
    8/10 - Wilderness Lodge
    2009 CSR
    2009 Ft Wilderness Cabins
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 POR
    2007 CSR
    2007 OKW
    2006 CBR
    Many offsite trips...before kids

Post Thanks / Like

My DS5 lost his "blue bunny," actually a moose, on Dinosaur. He forgot it in the storage compartment under the seat. We didn't try to get it back because we didn't notice right away.

Post Thanks / Like

My cell phone fell out of my pocket while I was in Magic Kingdom one day. We had just ridden haunted mansion when I realized it was gone. I went back and told a cast member at HM and she said that they will do a ride check in a few minutes for it. She told me to wait there....
    a few minutes later she came back and told me they didn't see it. She told me to go to City Hall to check.
    I did and they didn't have it either but they told me to check back in an hour or so. (it sometimes takes a while to get up to the front of the park)
    I went back an hour later and had to give a description of the phone and what was on my screen and they had it!! I was so excited! They told me I had dropped it on It's A Small World! I had no idea. I was so grateful to have it back!
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

My son lost a hat on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, never to be replaced. And he lost his cell phone on Space Mountain and recovered it at the TTC Lost and Found (which was great- it still worked and was in good condition).
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I went for Super Soap Weekend, and lost my camera. It was never found. I was more upset about the pictures then anything else.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome "

79,87,88: off property
    89:CB
    99:POR (DS first visit & b-day)
    00,02,:ASS (DS b-day)
    04,05:POP
    06,07:ASM
    08:ASM (Anniversary Trip)
    Nov 08:ASM (DS first visit)
    Aug 2011 ASM (DS first visit, DS b-day)

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I didn't lose anything, but once in Animal Kingdom in the building near the petting zoo (I think it's Rafiki's Planet Watch?) I found a pretty nice camera. We turned it in at the store nearby and we actually saw the people who lost it retrieving it. They just had to show the cm how to turn it on and show pics that looked like them. We told them we turned it in and she thanked us.
    January 1993-Off Property
    September 1996-Dixie Landings (POR)
    September 2006-Pop Century
    September 2007-Pop Century
    September 2008-Contemporary
    May 2009-Caribbean Beach
    Oct/Nov-2011-Wilderness Lodge
    December- 2013--Pop Century
    May 2015--Give Kids The World

Post Thanks / Like

My son lost his first tooth at Disney. . .and he really LOST it. Somehwere in 'Ohana we believe. A Cast Member promised that Tink would explain the situation to the Tooth Fairy, because they are fairy buddies, after all. My son left a note for the Tooth Fairy in our hotel room:
    "Dear Tooth Fairy,
    I lost my first tooth. I mean I really lost it! Just ask Tinkerbell."

Second Star to the Right, and Straight on til Morning!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faithtrustpixiedust View Post
    my son lost his first tooth at disney. . .and he really lost it. Somehwere in 'ohana we believe. A cast member promised that tink would explain the situation to the tooth fairy, because they are fairy buddies, after all. My son left a note for the tooth fairy in our hotel room:
    "dear tooth fairy,
    i lost my first tooth. I mean i really lost it! Just ask tinkerbell."

this is adorable!!!!!!!!!! Love love love it!
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

We've left a few too many things behind at WDW

On one of our first trips, we left a pink bunny behind, she'd fallen behind the bed. I was devastated, since I'd had the bunny since I was 5! A few weeks later, a package arrives from Disney, and my bunny is inside.

Then, on our last trip, we're checking out, and I think all is good, until we get off the AutoTrain, and realize that I can't find my cellphone. I assume we'd just stuck it into a different bag. However, I had lost it at Disney.

We finally got it back, but it took over a month, and MANY, MANY calls between the resort where it was found, and Lost and Found. It was quite crazy, but it finally came home too!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Years ago, when my DD was about 13, she insisted she take her CD and CD player with her to MK. (13, need I say more). Anyway, she left everything on the bus. Unbelievable, we called transportation and they had found it. It was returned the next day, where it all stayed safely in the room
    Live Life Joyfully!
    [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]'73 - DL;
    '78, '89 - DW -off property;
    '94, 00, '07 - Dixie Landing; '96 - CBR; '98 - CSR;
    '99 - Disney Cruise;
    '01 - WL Christmas Celebration; '03, '06, '12, '13
    '10 POFQ; '11 POP (2x)

Post Thanks / Like

My DD's (then 5 yrs old) white stuffed kitty "Krystal" which was sent back to us, and my DH's medication, which was not. We were contacted by the resort to let us know they had it, but could not mail it. So, they sent us a stuffed Mickey instead (which was just fine w/ DD). Both times, they were very prompt and courteous.
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

We've lost lots and lots of money. LOL.

My son lost a tooth and was thrilled when Tink, doing tooth fairy duty at WDW, brought him disney dollars instead of regular money.

A few years ago I got a phone call from SSR after a stay there. Turns out I had left everything in the safe when we left, insurance cards, a credit card, and a bunch of other items. They assured me everything was kept in a safe place and they overnighted the items to me. I received them the very next day and everything was there. I don't know how long it would have taken me to realize I'd left it all behind.

I remember once going to guest services for something my son lost, but we can't remember what it was. And I lost a bracelet that was never found on one of our trips.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: