Quantcast MLB Playoffs - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB Playoffs

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Wow. Just ... wow. What an absolutely amazing thing to watch last night. I literally had the chills at the end of the game. The guy throws a perfect game in Florida during the regular season and then a no hitter during his first ever postseason appearance?? Incredible. Just incredible.

I have to say that, without a doubt, this Phillies team has given me more special moments that I'll remember for a lifetime in the last four seasons than I've gotten from our three other sports teams combined.

Which is just so great, because for the first 10 - 15 years of my life I just loved this team. And then they were just so bad for so many years that I got focused on football and somewhat lost my love of baseball (especially after the strike). But this team has just flat out won me back and I've re-discovered just how much this game means to me.

Honestly, the only way this could be better would be if Harry were still around to have called these games. I still miss him.

I can hear it now ... "Roy Halladay, YOU ARE THE MAN!!"
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    3) Night game was pretty good, but if I was a Yankee fan, I would be a bit nervous as your ace did well, but he did not shut them down like Lee and Halladay did their opponents, which is what an ace should do. If you have to be bringing in Rivera in the eighth for the first round, he may be worn out by the later rounds.
    Why would we be nervous? If you recall, last year CC gave up three early runs against these same Twins in game one.

We all know how last year turned out.

Props to Halladay...amazing performance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Why would we be nervous? If you recall, last year CC gave up three early runs against these same Twins in game one.

We all know how last year turned out.

Props to Halladay...amazing performance.
    First, I am NOT a Yankees fan, so I could care less how they do, but you do not have nearly as strong of starting pitching as you did last year. Need to see which Pettite shows up for today's game, the one who pitched poorly in September or pitches strong in past playoff appearances.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I'm not saying anything about the Yankees. They're the defending World Series champs and a team full of heavily playoff-seasoned and talented players that are more than capable of going all the way.

As far as I'm concerned, they're the favorites until someone beats them.
    Ian șOș

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Baldelli put on disabled list and Aybar is on the playoff roster. Thank goodness! Just called my Mom to let her know (my cousin is driving her home from a doctor's appointment). For the record, my Mom was saying this was going to happen last night (you know, when she was channeling my father).
    Christine șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Baldelli put on disabled list and Aybar is on the playoff roster.
    Yes, great news!

Now, I wonder when BJ Upton is going to figure out he plays center TOO shallow. I'm so sick of seeing his backside running towards the wall for a ball that's dropped in over his head.

Not a BJ fan, can you tell?

Post Thanks / Like

Goin to the Phillies game tomorrow night!!! Another no hitter??? hrmmm....LOL.
    A dream is a wish your heart makes<3 (:

Post Thanks / Like

OMG! Young totally went around for what should have been strike 3, first base ump says nope and next pitch - see ya! And then Madden gets tossed. My head is going to explode. Ugh.

Yeah, not looking so good for the Rays. Plus, David Price is on the front of Sports Illustrated this week. That never bodes well.
    Last edited by Melanie; 10-07-2010 at 04:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

First, I am NOT a Yankees fan, so I could care less how they do, but you do not have nearly as strong of starting pitching as you did last year. Need to see which Pettite shows up for today's game, the one who pitched poorly in September or pitches strong in past playoff appearances.
    Never insinuated you were, don't know where you got that idea.

Second...the starting pitching might not be as good as last year, but the bullpen is better and starting lineup is better.

Cano, Tex, and Granderson are on a tear, Swisher's having a career year, Gardner is better than he was last year, and Berkman is coming out of his slump at the right time.

The Yanks are a threat to score 5-6 runs every game. As long as the starting pitching doesn't completely collapse, they'll be fine.

Post Thanks / Like

The Yanks are a threat to score 5-6 runs every game. As long as the starting pitching doesn't completely collapse, they'll be fine.
    And that is the big question mark for the Yankees this year: a question that was not there last year. What happens if Pettite has to be taken out in the 5 or 6th inning? Who is going to take over? You really trust Joba (I'm not even sure he is on the post season roster) in that situation?
    Christine șoș

Post Thanks / Like

And that is the big question mark for the Yankees this year: a question that was not there last year. What happens if Pettite has to be taken out in the 5 or 6th inning? Who is going to take over? You really trust Joba (I'm not even sure he is on the post season roster) in that situation?
    Guess I didn't have to worry about that after all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxFan View Post
    My Red Sox are not in ---- so I guess I'll cheer on the Rays. So long as the Yankees don't win; I'll be happy with whatever team wins the World Series.

right on! lol
    Dec 2010~Pop Century
    May 2008~Coronado Springs
    Sep 2005~Port Orleans(fq)
    Oct 2003~LBV
    April 2001~Allstar Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Guess I didn't have to worry about that after all.
    Yes, he did well this round. We will see how he holds up in subsequent rounds. It does not solve the issue of the Yankees not having a solid, proven 3rd starter as they had last year. Who are they throwing out there for tomorrow? Burnett is atrocious this year.

edit- my co-worker just told me that Hughes is pitching tomorrow and he is a bit nervous on how he is going to handle starting a postseason game.
    Christine șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, he did well this round. We will see how he holds up in subsequent rounds. It does not solve the issue of the Yankees not having a solid, proven 3rd starter as they had last year. Who are they throwing out there for tomorrow? Burnett is atrocious this year.

edit- my co-worker just told me that Hughes is pitching tomorrow and he is a bit nervous on how he is going to handle starting a postseason game.
    In a five or seven game series I'm not too worried about the third starter. Hughes has been solid if not spectacular. He wins one game when he pitches and the Yanks are in good shape. He loses, they're still in good shape.

The pen is also fine. You mentioned Joba ealier. Game one we didn't go to Joba, we went to Wood and he was lights out.

I'm not being cocky, but you have to remember...for all the flaws you're pointing out, this team did somehow manage to win 95 games. I'm not saying they'll win it all again, but I don't see any team out there that I don't think they can beat.

Post Thanks / Like

In a five or seven game series I'm not too worried about the third starter. Hughes has been solid if not spectacular. He wins one game when he pitches and the Yanks are in good shape. He loses, they're still in good shape.

The pen is also fine. You mentioned Joba ealier. Game one we didn't go to Joba, we went to Wood and he was lights out.

I'm not being cocky, but you have to remember...for all the flaws you're pointing out, this team did somehow manage to win 95 games. I'm not saying they'll win it all again, but I don't see any team out there that I don't think they can beat.
    Really, that's not being cocky?

Yes, your team won 95 games, but that means nothing now in the post season. Phillies won 97 games in the regular season and managed to do that with almost every position player being on the DL at some point during the season. I think the opening day starting 8 played together about 30 times all season! But in the post season, the slate is wiped clean. I have confidence in the Phils, but any team can be beat or hit a rough spot at any time, so I think making statements like "I don't see any team out there that I don't think they can beat" is a bit presumptious.
    Christine șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Really, that's not being cocky?

Yes, your team won 95 games, but that means nothing now in the post season. Phillies won 97 games in the regular season and managed to do that with almost every position player being on the DL at some point during the season. I think the opening day starting 8 played together about 30 times all season! But in the post season, the slate is wiped clean. I have confidence in the Phils, but any team can be beat or hit a rough spot at any time, so I think making statements like "I don't see any team out there that I don't think they can beat" is a bit presumptious.
    Actually, no..that's not being cocky. Had I said I don't think there's any team that can beat the Yankees, THAT would be cocky.

Read what I said: "I don't see any team out there that I don't think they can beat"

Then read what you said: "any team can be beat or hit a rough spot at any time"

We said essentially the same thing. So please don't call me presumptuous unless you understand what I'm saying.

What I meant was I don't see any team in the playoffs that makes me say, "there's no way the Yankees can beat them".

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Happy for the Phils. So far, H2O has pretty much been as advertised. Owalt's outing wasn't quite as good as I'd hoped, but it really didn't matter when the H's combined to throw nine shutout innings. The Phils had an earned run average of 1.00 in this series. Yikes!

Still would like to see the bats liven up a bit, though. Outside of Utley's homer and Howard's two relatively meaningless singles, the meat of our order is pretty much missing in action thus far.

Not going to get by the Giants or even the Braves if the bats don't wake up.
    Ian șOș

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Brooks Conrad.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ugh

I was helping at a friend's wedding last night so I didn't get to watch any of it but kept checking the score, losing 0-1, winning 2-1, and next thing you know it was over and we lost! ARGGG!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

As a Yankee fan sitting back waiting to see who is next? And hoping for a nice 20 inning bullpen destroying game 5!
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: