Quantcast AKL Villas or WL Villas???

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default AKL Villas or WL Villas???

So, we have been given the opportunity to use a week at a time share when we go to Disney next year. The choices are AK Villas,WL Villas, SSR,BC Villas, BW Villas and OKW. Does anyone have any suggestions? We have only ever stayed at POP,AS and POR. We have ressies at CSR now, but are thinking of changing. Also, does anyone know if you can still do the dining plan and order the MYW tickets?? We have never gone the time share route before.

My daughter would LOVE to stay at AK Villas, and my husband would like WL Villas, and my son doesn't care where we stay as long as we go to Disney! So, I am the deciding factor, any suggestions or info you have would be greatly appreciated. I have looked all of the choices up on the Disney site, and multiple other sites, but they are all SO beautiful that I don't know which way to go!
    All Star Sports 1998
    Port Orleans Riverside 2002
    Pop Century 2007, 2008 & 2009
    Art of Animation Lion King Suite December 2012

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, part of the decision will be whether or not there is availability in any of those resorts when you want to be there. I suspect the owner of the points does not own points in each of the resorts you list. Therefore, the owner would need to make reservations seven months before your trip. Availability will depend on when you are planning to go. You can obtain the dining plan when you stay in a vacation club resort.

I've never stayed at Saratoga or Boardwalk and have never stayed in the vacation club accommodations at any of those resorts. You can't go wrong with either Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge - both are beautiful resorts. You might have more opportunity to book at Animal Kingdom than at Wilderness which is a smaller resort (at least as far as vacation club accommodations are concerned). You might want to have several choices in hopes of availability in at least one.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

My vote is for WL. We love it there. You can get dining and passes, but dining will not be free when staying on points.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

The Animal Kingdom Lodge-Kidani is the only deluxe I've ever thought was worth renting DVC points for. Went in January, and it was AWESOME. I would go there again this time if they weren't offering free food with the packages.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

love both resorts...but the WL is far more convenient to the parks and closer to the action than the AKL so it would get my vote .
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at VWL and will be staying at AKL in 5 days. Even without staying at AKL yet, my vote goes for AKL. Where else in Florida can you stay on an African savannah? But, we found that while VWL was in the "MK" resort area, the transportation was much slower than when we stayed anywhere else.

AKL is one of the resorts that we have to at least visit once every trip no matter where we stay (Poly being the 2nd). Since staying at VWL about 3 years ago, we haven't been back to resort hop there and haven't felt like we missed anything.
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

we have stayed in both and WL is our favorite. It is closer to the parks (except AK) and you have other trasportation options.
    GMGDISNEYMOM
    6/14 BCV
    7/13 DL-Paradise Pier
    4/12 AKL
    12/11 SSR
    11/10 VWL
    11/09 AKL
    4/09 FWC
    10/08 - VWL
    6/08 BV (1st DVC trip!)
    1/08 - AKL
    4/07 - FWC
    12/96 - OKW
    5/88- C
    11/84 - LBVV
    11/77 - C

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Both are exceptional, but our vote would definitely be for AKL. With regard to transportation and park proximity, WL is more convenient to MK while AKL is more convenient to AK. Everything else is going to be a drive or bus ride for the most part, whichever resort you stay at.

The look, the feel, the animals, and the dining options at AKL make it a favorite of ours. Hope you have a great trip, whichever one you choose..... And if by chance AKL or WL are not available to you for your trip, I can assure you that Beach Club V and Boardwalk V are great places to stay, as well.

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite resort is WL, but I do love AKL. There is also a point difference in those resorts, as, depending on view, AKL may be less points.

WL and BC are some of the smallest DVC resorts, so availability is limited. You have to remember owners at these resorts have about a year to book there, then at 7 months out, the rest of the DVC community can book.

When staying at WL, we found that it took longer to get to places, other than MK, because of the bus sharing and logistics of traffic flow in and around the MK resorts. Boardwalk and Beach Club share transportation with the other Epcot resorts, but are nicely placed between DHS and Epcot. There is a great veriety of transportation options at these resorts, from bus, walking to parks, to boats.

I have not stayed at SSR, and I'm not sure I would make it my first choice. It just seems quite far from the parks, and dealing with downtown Disney traffic a lot just does not seem like it would make for a fun trip. It is rather large, so there will be more availability here.

OKW is one of the oldest resorts, but I really like it! I have stayed twice and I have another trip booked there. It is large and spread out, but it is rather quiet. There are MANY bus stops in the resort, so that can take time.

I would rank your choices and see what is available.

As far as dining plan and tickets, you are eligible for both. If you are wanting to take advantage of free dining, you are not eligible if your are using points to book.

Look at it this way.... You are going to Disney... You'll have fun no matter where you stay!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: