Quantcast GF Club level...Sugarloaf or Main bldg

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default GF Club level...Sugarloaf or Main bldg

Hi!

I thought we'd take a year off from WDW, but these deals are too good to pass up! I've decided to take DD-10, DS-9, and DD-4, by myself to WDW in November. We are used to going with DH, but he can't get the time off of work.

We are staying club level at GF. My question is: Is it worth it to pay more ($650) to stay in the main bldg, (Royal Palms), or is it just as enjoyable to stay in Sugarloaf? All opinions are much appreciated!
    Jen :)

CR-1981
    offsite-1985
    Marriott Grande Vista 2002
    WL 2004
    Poly 2005
    CR Atrium Club 2006
    Poly 2007
    Beach Club CL, Grand Floridian 2008
    Beach Club CL 2009
    GF Royal Palm Club CL 2010
    WL CL 2011
    CR Presidential Suite 2012
    BC Club Level 2012
    Poly CL 2015

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed in both and prefer the main building, but it is quite a price difference.

SugarLoaf is limited to views of the marina or pool. The lounge and staff area are located in the lobby on the ground floor. Seating is a bit limited and there's really no view. In my opinion, it has more of a relaxed, bed and breakfast type feel. It's very convenient to the courtyard pool. There are also 3 of the larger lodge tower rooms that are available by request (no additional charge). The food, beverages and staff service are exactly the same as the Royal Palm Club.

Royal Palm has the castle view rooms, courtyard and lagoon/beach. It's more spread out, with the staff found on the 3rd floor, the lounge on the 4th and some additional seating on the 5th. There's a private balcony on the 3rd floor that overlooks the courtyard. The lounge is more open, with lots of windows and it looks down on the main lobby. In the evening, the GF Orchestra plays on the 2nd floor. It's convenient to the bus and monorail. The ambience is a little more romantic and formal feeling.

"Worth" is pretty subjective, but if it's within the budget, you may want to consider Royal Palm. Especially with being on your own. You could ask for a room on the 4th floor, close to the lounge. If the kids wanted to settle down early, you could still sit in the lounge right across the hall from the room and enjoy a glass of wine while listening to the orchestra.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Tammi. I've stayed at both and prefer the main building as well.......But both are certainly very nice......You can't go wrong with either one......

Post Thanks / Like

My opinion is the main building for the convenience of having the lobby, restaurants & monorail right there, as well as for the views.
    GF, Poly, Contemporary, Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I'll be the minority voice and say to stay at Sugarloaf. The walk is negligible, and I was pushing a wheelchair in July! I liked being in a small exclusive building, just for club level. I know the main building is club level only as well, but there are more people to be served in the main building. As has been posted, the food is identical and I really can't see the point of paying an extra $650 just to be in the same building as the monorail. We used the money we saved to rent a cabana for a half day (I highly recommend that to anyone!) as well as most of our meals (Citricos, Narcoossee's, Kouzzina and breakfast at the GF cafe).
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Hi, I'll be the minority voice and say to stay at Sugarloaf. The walk is negligible, and I was pushing a wheelchair in July! I liked being in a small exclusive building, just for club level. I know the main building is club level only as well, but there are more people to be served in the main building. As has been posted, the food is identical and I really can't see the point of paying an extra $650 just to be in the same building as the monorail. We used the money we saved to rent a cabana for a half day (I highly recommend that to anyone!) as well as most of our meals (Citricos, Narcoossee's, Kouzzina and breakfast at the GF cafe).

Christine~

Were you pleased with the level of service, and hospitality at the Sugarloaf CL? Thanks!
    Jen :)

CR-1981
    offsite-1985
    Marriott Grande Vista 2002
    WL 2004
    Poly 2005
    CR Atrium Club 2006
    Poly 2007
    Beach Club CL, Grand Floridian 2008
    Beach Club CL 2009
    GF Royal Palm Club CL 2010
    WL CL 2011
    CR Presidential Suite 2012
    BC Club Level 2012
    Poly CL 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jen C. View Post
    Christine~

Were you pleased with the level of service, and hospitality at the Sugarloaf CL? Thanks!
    Yes, we definitely were pleased with the level of service we received from the Club level staff in Sugar Loaf. They were very helpful in getting you anything you needed. For example, my sister and I each wanted a glass of champagne during afternoon tea service (champagne is out for self serve during the cocktail hour). We asked if it was possible to get 2 glasses of champagne and they sent into the kitchen and brought us out 2 glasses. Saw others who requested that at breakfast for mimosas.

I'll admit, we found turndown service to only be "okay", but it was better than turndown I had received at other deluxe resorts in WDW. It was fine, but our housekeeper did such a great job, turndown tidying up paled in comparison
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

We loved our recent stay at Sugar Loaf and to us the extra money to stay in the main building simply would not be worth it unless:

1) someone in the family had genuine mobility issues and the extra steps to get back to the room at the end of the day are a real issue (However, something to remember is that the walk to Sugarloaf from the WaterTaxi that leaves the Magic Kingdom is actually shorter than the walk from the water taxi to the tower.)

OR

2) You want weather to be much less of an issue when you are going to your evening meals...because staying in the tower would allow you to schedule meals at the GF/Poly/CR without ever stepping foot in the rain.

However, as a previous poster said...worth it is a relative term...in my mind if you like it and can afford it...then I guess its worth it to you if you want it to be.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: