Quantcast DisneyWorld vs. all other vacations - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Now if we were talking Disneyland then it would be a whole different story.
    Really?!? I live 6 hours from DL, but I'd rather fly 6 hours to WDW. Since I've been married 8 years ago, I've been to WDW 5 times and DL once. Why? Because DL can't compare. There's no "escape" feeling in Anaheim. And California Adventure is not a really good park. Better than six flags, but overall not a Disney-caliber park. And the feeling there is altogether different. The characters just show up with CMs to help them or help form lines - it's chaos. And the dining there (other than the Blue Bayou) just doesn't match up with WDW. You have to leave the parks to get a great meal, and that takes away from the "vacation" ideal that is at WDW. IMH(but usually right)O
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Really?!? I live 6 hours from DL, but I'd rather fly 6 hours to WDW. Since I've been married 8 years ago, I've been to WDW 5 times and DL once. Why? Because DL can't compare. There's no "escape" feeling in Anaheim. And California Adventure is not a really good park. Better than six flags, but overall not a Disney-caliber park. And the feeling there is altogether different. The characters just show up with CMs to help them or help form lines - it's chaos. And the dining there (other than the Blue Bayou) just doesn't match up with WDW. You have to leave the parks to get a great meal, and that takes away from the "vacation" ideal that is at WDW. IMH(but usually right)O
    You are apparently suffering from "Comparing DL to WDW-itis." Don't you know you can't do that???

I was you when I lived in Nor Cal. Ever since I moved down to where DL is in my backyard, boy have I changed my tune about Disneyland! I still love WDW, don't get me wrong. But, I have learned that DL is DL and WDW is WDW. They share the Disney name, but little else. When we move away from here, you can bet we'll be making week long trips back out here to visit "our" park.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Disney World

We went to Bermuda last year, it was wonderful, however, there was no orginization. We figured out everything ourselves, and enjoyed it, the dining was superb, but very little entertainment, which is what you get in "The World"....
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Really?!? I live 6 hours from DL, but I'd rather fly 6 hours to WDW. Since I've been married 8 years ago, I've been to WDW 5 times and DL once. Why? Because DL can't compare.
    To each his own, but suffice it to say I completely and totally disagree with you.

If I lived closer to DL, I'd visit WDW once every five years maybe just to get an Epcot fix.

Outside of that? Blah ... I'll take DL over WDW every day and twice on Sunday.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We have gone every year for the past 4 years, and are about 128 days until our next one! We have enteratained the idea of going somewhere else. It is just DH and I, and we just love it. We priced out going to Williamsburg, a road trip to Michigan and a Cruise and to be honest, they all come out to the same price as what we pay for WDW, so we would rather just go to WDW. We know we will have a awesome vacation and we just love it. We get grief from family and co-workers too...but we dont care!
    POR April/May 2007
    POR April/May 2008
    POP April/May 2009
    POR April/May 2010!!!!!!
    POR Feb/March 2011!
    POP May 2011!!!!!!!!
    POP DEC 2012
    OFF Property May 2013
    POP NOV 2013
    CSR JAN-FEB 2014 (they upgraded us from POP)
    POP MAY 14
    I love my Pens!

Post Thanks / Like

To each his own, but suffice it to say I completely and totally disagree with you.

If I lived closer to DL, I'd visit WDW once every five years maybe just to get an Epcot fix.

Outside of that? Blah ... I'll take DL over WDW every day and twice on Sunday.
    Yes, but your a mad scientist bent on controlling the world through two little kids.... so I don't know if you can be trusted.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I could move right in the castle and live there.
    Yes, I am another huge WDW fan and will go
    any chance I get. Best vacation ever everytime!

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
    THE SPRING!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

That's us! We do love our Epcot. And, REAL waterparks, which are sorely lacking out here (although Legoland's new one is pretty awesome).
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Well, we are in a whole different "boat" than most of the folks who replied. We don't have kids at home any more. When we did, since we live in CA, we did Disneyland every year. We still do that. We have annual passes and have been to Disneyland 3 times since last December. So the draw to the World is not as strong. We went a year ago September and had a great time, but I for one was sorry that they closed the Adventurer's Club. We would hit that 3 or 4 times during a 9 day stay, and we really missed it. Also we did the "free" dining and was disappointed. The quality of food seemed to be down from previous year, and the plan was a hassle. Not like in the old days when you could just show up at a restaurant and get seated.

So our passion has become cruising. We find it to be less expensive (even with excursions...mostly snorkeling and site seeing). We go on the cheap, and after 13 cruises we know the way to keep it that way. We do inside cabins, don't buy booze (sneak on our own), and minimize excursions. We like hanging out at beaches and crudding around in the ocean. We typically do the Southern Caribbean and know where we like to hang out, so a taxi or bus ride usually serves the purpose and can be much less expensive. For example, we took the bus on Aruba to the beach we wanted to go to for less than $1.50 per person each way.

While we will eventually go back to the World, it will probably be only every few years or so, and then probably during the Food and Wine Festival, which was a blast.
    Richard

1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 All Star Music
    2004 Coronado Springs
    2006 All Star Music
    2007 CBR
    Sept 20 - Oct 1 2009 CBR

Disneyland - since the 50's - too many times to count (DD used to work the Jungle Cruise so we got in for FREE!!!)

Post Thanks / Like

We like to mix up the vacations...My husband is not as much as a Disney person as I am, and we do like to do relaxing beach vacations.

I do LOVE Disney and all it has to offer.

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vicster View Post
    Should we form a support group???
    It's called Intercot.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by diz_girl View Post
    It's called Intercot.
    Good answer!
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

We've been going every other year with trips to different destinations in between and this really seems to work for us. I have to admit, we sometimes almost book WDW instead of one of the other trips, but we've had some great experiences at other locations. Plus, I think it helps keep the magic alive for us on our WDW trips.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I want to feel the magic, but I'm bitter

It has been over a year since my last post and it's been two years since my last visit.

I was the biggest of Disney fanatics and I truly miss it. However, the huge price increase in the dining plans, the ticket price increases in the midst of a recession, and the failure to maintain quality on the rides caused me to not only become less of a fan but to become bitter toward the folks who took the magic from me. Now, I vacation at all-inclusives in the caribbean.

I miss Disney and hope one day to return, but not before I feel like some decisions by management are made to the benefit of me as a paying guest.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: