Quantcast One Man's Dream re-opens with new displays - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

i just saw it last week and loved it once again. there are some very interesting new items on display!
    POR 10/13, DL Hotel 9/13, Poly 1/13
    CB 10/12
    Poly 1/12
    POR 10/11
    POFQ 5/11
    Poly 1/11
    GF 11/10
    POFQ 5/10
    Poly 1/10
    WL 10/09
    WL 6/09
    AKL1/09
    CB 7/08
    CS 5/08
    Pop 4/08
    CB 10/07 &12/07
    Yacht Club 07
    POFQ 06
    POFQ 05
    POR 04
    ASM 03
    ASM 00
    AS Movies 99
    OffSite 97
    AS Sports 96

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw everything new. Pretty amazing! It shows a sneak peek, of the Beauty and the Beast ride and Ariel ride. Plus new AAA. Which you have mentioned. Very, very, awesome!

It's time to remember the magic!

Post Thanks / Like

Came across this older thread, and it's interesting that as far as I know, the Blue Sky area that was scheduled to open in December has yet to open. Wonder what the hold up is?

Post Thanks / Like

I had thought the new section had opened . . . and was very dissapointed when I saw the changes / lack of new excitement.
    The whole push button area (animatronic man and bird) has been removed and the only real new exhibit (since Thanksgiving 2010) is a small display case showing new Fantasyland - with a silent film showing the Ariel ride. The new film is on a side wall - with the only bench directly under it -- meaning you are staring at the people on the bench as you watch the clips. The film that had been playing in the center of the room (anniversary / making of the studios) has been removed. I also was dissapointed that the wall art - showing plans for the park was replaced with an archway and that accompanying film clip has been removed. (Also no dancing Mickey lights on the floor / walls - there.)
    It is still a nice exhibit and the film is wonderful -- but it felt like it wasn't "plussed" at all.

Post Thanks / Like

so its not as good now?
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

"A new Epcot display features the robot butler animatronic from Horizons, a Figment Audio Animatronic from Journey into Imagination, a Dream Catcher model from Journey into Imagination, and two Audio Animatronics from the Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit number from Kitchen Kabaret."

The 3 year old me that fell in love with EPCOT Center back in 1991 is squealing with joy right now. haha

Post Thanks / Like

I will be checking it out when i visit in Dec
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder what the hold up is with the new Blue Sky area?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 5togetherWDW View Post
    I had thought the new section had opened . . . and was very dissapointed when I saw the changes / lack of new excitement.
    The whole push button area (animatronic man and bird) has been removed and the only real new exhibit (since Thanksgiving 2010) is a small display case showing new Fantasyland - with a silent film showing the Ariel ride. The new film is on a side wall - with the only bench directly under it -- meaning you are staring at the people on the bench as you watch the clips. The film that had been playing in the center of the room (anniversary / making of the studios) has been removed. I also was dissapointed that the wall art - showing plans for the park was replaced with an archway and that accompanying film clip has been removed. (Also no dancing Mickey lights on the floor / walls - there.)
    It is still a nice exhibit and the film is wonderful -- but it felt like it wasn't "plussed" at all.
    Just curious, but when were you there last? I was there in May and all that stuff was still there.

Quote Originally Posted by ValenciaCalling View Post
    "A new Epcot display features the robot butler animatronic from Horizons, a Figment Audio Animatronic from Journey into Imagination, a Dream Catcher model from Journey into Imagination, and two Audio Animatronics from the Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit number from Kitchen Kabaret."
    That was all there the last time I was there and it's very cool. I really enjoyed that section the most, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie
    Wonder what the hold up is with the new Blue Sky area?
    Mel, was there supposed to be something else added back there? I only knew about the Fantasyland preview section which has been in there for some time now. I didn't realize there was more coming.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Mel, was there supposed to be something else added back there? I only knew about the Fantasyland preview section which has been in there for some time now. I didn't realize there was more coming.
    For awhile the back wall had a 'coming soon' sign, but as far as I know, nothing new has ever opened. I was in there last week and rushed into the film and didn't glance back there to see if it still said that.

And when you say Fantasyland preview section, do you mean that one case by the theater doors?
    Last edited by Melanie; 08-29-2011 at 04:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    And when you say Fantasyland preview section, do you mean that one case by the theater doors?
    Yep. I think it has like some concept art and maybe a "maquette" of the Ariel ride vehicle ... there's not much to it really.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Yep. I think it has like some concept art and maybe a "maquette" of the Ariel ride vehicle ... there's not much to it really.
    Ah yes, a maquette.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ValenciaCalling View Post

The 3 year old me that fell in love with EPCOT Center back in 1991 is squealing with joy right now. haha
    This Epcot display is nice, but only a small vertical case. If you were at Epcot during their anniversary - and saw all the memories there - this was anti-climactic.

The fact that they removed the push button animitronics - and had only added static displays was a letdown.

Had I not been hoping for upgrades - seeing all the blue sky items, I likely would not have been disspointed.

Post Thanks / Like

In answer to your question - we were there last month, mid August 2011.

Post Thanks / Like

That's ok. Just being in the same room with part of Horizons will make my whole vacation.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: