Quantcast Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party...worth it?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party...worth it?

So I've never been to the party, never talked to anyone that has gone. Is it really worth $50 extra?? I'm considering doing it, and would love to hear feedback.

Does the crowd really thin down at MK during the party?
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We've gone and greatly enjoyed it. We have gone for the party activities and not really for time on the rides. If you have a large family, it could be expensive. Depending on when you go, it could be more or less crowded than during regular park hours. Some party nights are pretty crowded until after the fireworks and then it thins out quite a lot.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We did it last year for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it. We took advantage of the "special" things involved in the party and not as much the rides. We did do some rides but we tried to enjoy the unique festivities of the party. My kids had a blast. I would do it again. In fact, we will on our next trip next year!
    '74 Contemporary
    '76 Contemporary

'90 CBR
    '97 Off Site
    '00 Swan
    '05 GF
    '08 GF RPC
    '09 GF RPC-Short SURPRISE trip for kids
    '11 GF RPC

'12 Contemporary
    '14 GF RPC
    '15 DL VGC
    '16 VGF

Post Thanks / Like

I've done it once and am glad I did. I don't think I'll do it again.

Does the crowd really thin down at MK during the party?
    My experience was that it was very crowded, but the lines for rides are short during the parade.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We've done it a bunch of times over the years, but we're not doing it this December trip.

Honestly, they just cut and cut and cut and cut and kept raising the prices to the point where it just wasn't worth it to us anymore.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    We've done it a bunch of times over the years, but we're not doing it this December trip.

Honestly, they just cut and cut and cut and cut and kept raising the prices to the point where it just wasn't worth it to us anymore.
    We went last Friday for the first time in a number of years and noticed exactly that.
    They eliminated the family picture, got rid of the special button and watered down the hot chocolate.
    But they sure did increase the price and the number of tickets sold. I'm glad we did it because this was a special trip for my daughter's 21st birthday and it brought back memories of when she was little.

Not sure if we will be doing it again anytime soon, though...
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

I went to the MVMCP in '05 and actually asked myself; What did I pay for? I'm glad I did it once. But, until things change, I will not be doing it this year. I can not see the value for the money. I must say that when me and my now ex-wife stayed till security told us to leave and we were the only ones on Main Street with all the lights, that is a good memory. But, that is the only good memory I have of that night.
    Last edited by Disney Hungarian; 11-23-2010 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Beer. My brain thinks and my fingers are supposed to type. The beer puts a chop block on the thoughts on the way to the fingers.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

We like it a lot. This will be our third time in the last 4 years... We love the parade on Main St (with the snow falling) most of all as well as the awesome decorations, the fireworks and the lights on the castle! The cookies & hot chocolate are a nice touch but we usually skip them. I will miss the show at the Galaxy Palace THeatre though. We also love the short ride lines! We usually go on a weeknight (usually a Tuesday) and it is pretty light.
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it is worth it!!

We have gone 10 times and are going next week.

It is a lot of fun and the lines are usually not bad except in Fantasyland after 8pm

Get to the MK by 6:30 and get in line. Go to Fantasyland first and then do whatever else. The last parade is not as crowded.

Have fun if you decide to go!
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

You didn't mention who was going. Kids would probably have a good time. My adult DD and I went last year and I am glad that we experienced it once for the parade and fireworks. I wouldn't do it again. Too pricey when you don't do the dance parties, watch the entertainment, drink the hot chocolate or eat the cookies. We had already gone on the attractions earlier in the week.
    Live Life Joyfully!
    [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]'73 - DL;
    '78, '89 - DW -off property;
    '94, 00, '07 - Dixie Landing; '96 - CBR; '98 - CSR;
    '99 - Disney Cruise;
    '01 - WL Christmas Celebration; '03, '06, '12, '13
    '10 POFQ; '11 POP (2x)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ages

I think it depends on your groups ages. My boys would not sit throught the regular main st eletrical parades. I felt if they wanted to go on rides instead of watch the parade then the price of admission for the party would not be worth it for us. We went to Hollywood studios for the Osbourne lights and, that I feel was more than enough except no Hot chocolate and cookies. It snows there too. (My boys went on rides while we went for this too)

Post Thanks / Like

Definately worth it to us. We enjoyed the extra shows, thinner lines, character meet and greets in holiday costumes, snow on Main St, just all the warm and fuzzies...

Remember if you go...
    Rest up during the day. Maximizing your time at the party (7-12) really makes it pay off.
    First Trip - January 2003

DVC
    Kidani Village - AKL
    Bay Lake Tower
    Riviera Resort

VMK - QueenThump & BrerFan

Post Thanks / Like

As long as you don't have young children that can't keep up with late hours, I'd do it at least once. Also, you can guarantee that you won't be getting up early the next morning to hit the parks - it really wipes you out.

Honestly, it's a lot like EMH, but with extra fireworks, parade, and "free" refreshments. The lines to the rides are about like they are on EMH nights. But if you're doing the party for the rides, it's a waste. It's all the extra shows and parades that make it worth it.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

You should do it at least once to see what the hype is about. Then you don't have to wonder when you get home if you missed something that would have made your visit better. And - you will know the next time if it is worth it to you. I have done it once and am only doing it again because I am taking someone who has never gone and is really into Christmas.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

1) We did it once, and thought it was fun.
    2) But, not worth a second visit.
    3) MrsRustyScupper works most of the parties, and still agrees.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

I've done most of the parties and have had a blast. But it's more about the special party events rather than the rides; things that are party specific.
    șoșKathyșoș TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by hubbyofadisneyholic View Post
    But they sure did increase the price and the number of tickets sold.
    Yeah, that's the biggest turn off for me. They must have doubled the number of tickets they sell, because it used to be a great time to ride rides with almost no lines. But now, the last few parties I've gone to, the lines have been significantly longer during MVMCP than they were during normal times on the same trip.

The last party I did, the wait for Small World was like 45 minutes and there were even lines for the TTA and CoP!
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

If its anything like the MNSSHP it will be well worth it. I love MK at night and being able to stay until midnight a few nights of the week we are they is perfect. We went to 3 of the 4 MNSSHP's during our oct trip and are planning to go to 4 of the 5 MVMCPs while we are there next dec.

Loved the atmosphere
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

Is it worth it...not to us. (We have pretty much settled on Night of Joy as being the only hard ticket we will do again). But it might be worth it to you and the only way to find out is to give it a try.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katzateer View Post
    Get to the MK by 6:30 and get in line. Go to Fantasyland first and then do whatever else. The last parade is not as crowded.

I've been to P&P parties and MNSSHP before and have been let in around 4-5pm. Have they changed that? Is there a line now?
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: