Quantcast Mnsshp ?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Mnsshp ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mnsshp ?

Just wondering. This trip will be the 1st time for our two children (ages 7 and turning 11 while we are at WDW). I would love to attend MNSSHP while we are there in late Sept.
    Has anyone seen the dates of when this will be held yet?

I've seen pictures of kids dressed up and carrying trick or treat pumpkins. Will we need to pack costumes and trick or treat pumpkins or can we pick them up while we are there?

Any info on MNSSHP or Fantasmic or other special events for the last week of Sept would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks All!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

A birthday at WDW!!!! That will be fun!

You can bring costumes or buy them while you are there or not wear them at all...it's up to you. They give bags to everyone, but we brought our own.

We were there on a sold out night. It was only a problem at the parade. We usually get to the parades early and sit on the curb. For some reason we didn't get there early enough...that will never happen again. The kids were able to sit and we stood. As soon as the parade started, people started pushing their kids in front of us and literally putting their cameras in our faces to get their pictures. I mean they wrapped their arms around our heads, so we could see the pictures they were taking on their LCD screens! It wasn't just one person...it was everyone behind us who could reach. My suggestion...get there at least an hour to an hour and a half before hand, if you are there on a sold out night. If you are sitting on the curb, you won't be bothered by the commotion behind and above you. And both of the parades were packed, so the theory of the second parade not being as crowded was proven wrong that night. Everything else was nice. The rides were walk on and the trick-or-treating was quick and easy...get a map! The dance parties are cute...if your kids are into that. All in all, I would do it again...and hope to this year!

HAVE FUN!
    "You make me smile with my heart."
    • DH...almost every year growing up.
    • Me...1978...I think.
      Our Family
    • January 2006-CBR
    • April 2007-Bonnet Creek
    • November 2008-CSR---Never again!
    • Halloween 2010-Bonnet Creek
    • November 2012-Bonnet Creek:)

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

I would highly recommend this party. We've been several times and hope to go again this year. I've never been on a sold out night but usually the week-days are lighter than the weekends. Trick-or-treating is a lot of fun. Sometimes we dress up and sometimes we don't but we always end up with a ton of candy! If you look at the park calendar, chances are good that when the park is listed as closing at 7 that will be a day when the party is going on.
    şoş Tiffany şoş

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

I would say "go for it".
    We went on our last trip dressed as pirates and we really hope to go again on our trip this year.
    We went on a weeknight and it was very easy - rides were walk on. The parade was busy but very good and different to usual parades.
    You can meet some unusal characters and the trick or treating is fun.
    It's up to you if you dress up or not - no one worries either way.
    Have fun
    Jo

Next trip Sept 2014 - POFQ
    Oct 2011 - POFQ
    Oct 2009 - POFQ
    April 2008 - off site
    Nov 2006 - CBR
    March 2005 - Disneyland Paris
    Oct 2004 - AKL
    April 2003 - off site
    Dec 1997 - off site
    June 1995 - Disney California

Post Thanks / Like

As for dates, I don't think anything has officially been announced yet but if you go by the days that Magic Kingdom closes at 7pm in September it looks like the party will be held on Tuesdays and Fridays starting on September 9th.

We are going around the same time as you and are planning on attending on the 27th!
    FW '88 • FW '89 • CBR '91 • POFQ '92 • WL '93 • WL '94 • DLH '95 • ASMu/PR '96 • DLH '97 • CBR '98 • FWC '99 • FWC '00 • POR '01 • AKL '02 • FWC '03 • POR '06 • ASSp '07 • PC '08 • PC '09 • DL '10 • PC '11 • POFQ '12 • CBR '12 • POR '14

Next up: Universal Orlando - September 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

It's really your choice whether or not you bring costumes for the kiddies or not. You can do that or obviously buy them something in the parks to wear. Just be aware that (obviously) you'll pay through the nose if you choose the latter option.

No need to bring trick-or-treat bags, though. Disney hands those out complimentary.
    Ian şOş
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ş0ş

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Our sons were 5 and 10 when we did this in '08. Both were in costume. With white t-shirts, some iron-on letters, and Mickey ears purchased at the park, my wife and I became Mousekateers Johnny and Debbie, in costume as well We ALL had a great time and will be going back this year end of Sept.

Post Thanks / Like

went to three of four offered during our stay... best time at the parks ever. Lines were literally 10-15mins for everything... all three mountains (space, splash and thunder) were walk on!

Got way too much candy (never a bad thing though)
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

MNSSHP is being added to our definite must do list. Thanks all again!
    How and when do you purchase tickets for MNSSHP? Please forgive my ignorance. I'm learning as I go. When I get back - I will be a pro!

Post Thanks / Like

They will sale the tickets on the Disney World website. Its located under things to do, then go to special events. You will find mnsshp listed there. If I remember correctly I think the tickets usually go on sale late april.
    Love my Pittsburgh Penguins and Penn State Nittany Lions !!!!

October 08 - Honeymoon CBR
    Wilderness Lodge- October 2010

CBR - Oct 2012
    Beach Club - Sept 2014

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: