Quantcast NFL Week #15: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking NFL Week #15: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Sorry ... couldn't wait to start this thread, so I'm jumping on it early ...

The Good: What wasn't good about this game? What? The first half you say? I don't recall that event. I just recall the Eagles scoring three TD's in 6 minutes to tie the game and then winning with 12 seconds left on a DeSean Jackson punt return for a TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!! Hey New York ... first we stole Cliff Lee from you and now we broke your freakin' hearts!! LOVE IT!!!!!!

The Bad: That whole "first half" thing.

The Ugly: A couple candidates here ... first and foremost, Andy Reid not challenging that non-fumble by Jackson. That was absurd. Only the fact that they pulled off a miracle and won the game is going to save him from getting ripped for that boneheaded decision. However, even uglier than that was the fact that he even had to consider challenging a call that was a blatant non-fumble. In fact, there were two ridiculously bad calls by the refs in this game, both on non-fumbles. The "fumble" by Maclin earlier in the game was obviously a non-catch. After all the ridiculous no-catch calls this year, if that was a catch I'll eat my hat.

Anyway who cares ... the refs stink, but THE EAGLES WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The Good: Atlanta didn't fall for the trap game at Seattle and now we have a two game lead on everyone in the NFC with two games to go.

Also DeSean Jackson and Jon Kitna saved my fantasy team, geez I love them

The Bad: The Austin Collie hit. It wasn't dirty, the defensive players SHOULDN'T get fined (I know they will anyway). Got to see it live on RedZone and it just looked really really bad, especially with someone who has gotten a lot of concussions this year.

The Ugly: The Dolphins are just horrible. The fact that Henne can't/won't throw the ball more than 5 yards down the field with 20 seconds left is wrong. And you have two of the best running backs in the league with the best wildcat, yet you only run 19 times? With Bill Cowher's name coming out yesterday as a possible new head coach, I think it's time for a change. I like Tony Sparano, but he's just not getting the team over the hump. You got this pretty good offense that can't move the ball if their lives depended on it, it's time to go...

The Ugly (Part 2): FOX has video (I got it from Yahoo from Youtube) of another sideline incident from last week (Same week from the Jets coach). A Carolina player comes OFF THE BENCH, gets in the way of the Atlanta player, and elbows him for the heck of it. He was fined 15K, less than the NY Jet coach who probably gets paid ten times less than the player (he was also suspended). The player also has a history of dirty play. What is going on with the NFL???
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWfanatic742 View Post
    The Ugly (Part 2): FOX has video (I got it from Yahoo from Youtube) of another sideline incident from last week (Same week from the Jets coach). A Carolina player comes OFF THE BENCH, gets in the way of the Atlanta player, and elbows him for the heck of it. He was fined 15K, less than the NY Jet coach who probably gets paid ten times less than the player (he was also suspended). The player also has a history of dirty play. What is going on with the NFL???
    The players name is Tyler Brayton and I sure hope with this extra attention that the Panthers punish him more. There is just no place for this junk! Ugh, just another punch in the gut in a horrible Panther season. There's not even anything to put for 'good' and 'bad'. It's all UGLY! The whole organization needs to be wiped clean and start over fresh. It's way past time!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Random

This will be more like random notes from the week, I just didn't get to watch as many games as usual-(for some reason we had no FOX 1pm game?)

Anyways the Eagles win was amazing, wish I had gotten to watch it, I thought they were doooooomed! Falcons won well, with help from horrible play by Hasselback (was it two or three interceptions?)

Ugh that hit on Collie was awful, it was legal and all but just SO sad. He was just back, doing so well...I was decorating the tree with that game on and I wasn't really watching-just listening and I heard it-ugh.

Last night's fun, great, cute play by Connolly was just good football and why I love the game!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL....why did I know Ian would be here bright and early?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    [/B][/I] Hey New York ... first we stole Cliff Lee from you and now we broke your freakin' hearts!! LOVE IT!!!!!!
    Ian, you should realy get a life.
    No one, from the Eagles to the phillies has ever, nor will they ever "break our freakin Hearts"...
    Our hearts were broken in 2001, but not our spirit.

I will shake my head at the Giants though
    they could have won the game, but they did not...
    and lets face it - cliff lee NEVER had intentions of comming to NY. Like so many other 'ny haters' it comes as no surprise. I would never expect tom brady to live in the Greatest City in the world, but the inferiority complexes so many non-new yorkers have is absurd.

So thanks for bashing NY (once again), ian.
    Break our hearts- nah.
    As some patriots fans chide me, now I will chide you- Exactly when was the last time the eagles Won the Super Bowl ? and when was the last time the Giants won the superbowl ?
    now to cut to the chase- the last time the Jets won was 41 years ago.

oh and dont attack NYC... Terroists did that in 2001. Why ?
    Because it is a great city, with so many landmarks.
    And on that day, remember all those brave firefighters- so many with families, who went into a doomed building- they WERE NEW YORKERS.
    The very same people (the survivors) who you claim have broken hearts over a FOOTBALL GAME.
    Think about it, then get over yourself, ian

Post Thanks / Like

I also knew Ian would be the first one to post...

THE UGLY While I'm not a Giants fan per say, I do live here in die hard Big Blue territory...WOW is all I'm going to say. The New York media is going nuts with this. Makes the JETS crushing loss to the Patriots looks not so bad. Worst game EVER they have decided. I enjoyed watching Vick do his thing...he is amazing with his speed and agility and when he finds receivers to catch his crazy balls there is no stopping him. GREAT ending!

THE GOOD The JETS!! Pulled off a much needed win, by playing a good game! The Steelers are a solid team, and we beat them fair and square with drama up until the last seconds. Listened to the end of the game in the car on JETS radio, and we had to pull over it became so intense...I LOVE the guys on the radio, they are so animated!!

Caught the Sunday night game, Matt Flynn the GB QB did a good job last night. I'm sorry the outcome wasn't a win for GB, they just ran out of time in the end, but it was a Good Game! GB gave those pesty Patriots a run for their money.
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutley unbelievable. I thought after Cunningham retired, we'd never have to deal with this again. All I can do is qoute myself from the week 5 thread:

Well, the offense and defense got it together, but special teams is horendous. If They don't get it together, it will cost them a couple games eventualy.
    The entire front line in the kickoff coverage had their backs turned and running away when that ball was kicked onsides
    Hey New York ... first we stole Cliff Lee from you and now we broke your freakin' hearts!! LOVE IT!!!!!!
    1. If you consider $132M for 5 or $147M for 6 years a steel, I've got some stuff you can steel from me.

2. Be careful, there's a good chance we'll see each other one more time next month.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    2. Be careful, there's a good chance we'll see each other one more time next month.
    Well I wouldn't say a good chance, but I suppose there's a chance. At this point, there's not much chance of the Giants even making the playoffs, but we'll see.

In regards to Cliff Lee ... please Yankees fans. If you had signed him you'd have been crowing about it for months. The back-peddling now that you lost out on him is a bit sad. Take it like men.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bears/Vikes

That was an ugly, cold hard game. Man that field was HARD, I felt for the players, they were lucky there were not more injuries. You know as much as I thought Farve was kind of wishy-washy the last couple years I hate to see him go out the way he went out this year...
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I agree it was a brutal game, but man is that the way football in Minnesota should be played! I really enjoyed the game, despite the lack of any real drama, simply because the elements themselves provided the drama.

I think the NFL should ban football in domes. It's just meant to be played outdoors.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Well I wouldn't say a good chance, but I suppose there's a chance. At this point, there's not much chance of the Giants even making the playoffs, but we'll see.
    What are you talking about? They win Sunday and they're in.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

The Good: Cowher lists the Dolphins as one of the three teams he would coach. Bye Bye Sporano.

The Bad: A loss at home to Buffalo. Need I say more?

The Ugly: Rex Ryan's latest controversy. Don't worry, you'll hear about it soon enough.

Hoo boy...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    What are you talking about? They win Sunday and they're in.
    Yeah you're right ... I didn't realize that. I guess because Green Bay also lost (which I'm not sure I knew when I posted that) it kept their chances solidly alive.

Of course, it remains to be seen if A. they can bounce back from what was inarguably a crushing loss last week and B. if they can go into Lambeau in December and beat a Packers team with Aaron Rodgers back at the helm.

Honestly, I don't like their chances to win in Green Bay, so we'll have to see what a loss would mean for them. Clearly they should be able to smoke the Redskins on the last week of the season, so a win there may still be enough to get them in. I don't think they're eliminated by a Green Bay victory, because the Pack could still lose week 17.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Well, of course no one knows for sure, but The Giants have proved over the last few years that they do come back after bad losses and that they can beat Green Bay in The Frozen Tundra.

And right, if The Giants lose Sunday, they would need to win and Green Bay to lose week 17 and Tampa to lose one of their last two.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I actually think that second scenario is fairly likely, because Tampa has the Saints week 17 and Green Bay has Chicago.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    The Ugly: Rex Ryan's latest controversy. Don't worry, you'll hear about it soon enough.

Hoo boy...
    Just when you thought that it couldn't get any worse. I love it because I hate the Jets

I would say that Tampa has a chance because they are alot better than people give them credit, but its in New Orleans...
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

The Ugly:[/b] Rex Ryan's latest controversy. Don't worry, you'll hear about it soon enough.

Hoo boy...
    Oh my. Interesting, to say the least.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hoo boy...
    A couple of comments here-
    You know rex has said its a personal matter.
    Personally I think any man, who is married for 23 years, is still in love with his wife, speaks admirabely of her in public, is not a bad man.
    what they do in their personal life- that is their choice.

However I think we will call rex, Mr Happy Feet from now on...

and for you Jet Haters

Go J E T S

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post
    A couple of comments here-
    You know rex has said its a personal matter.
    Personally I think any man, who is married for 23 years, is still in love with his wife, speaks admirabely of her in public, is not a bad man.
    what they do in their personal life- that is their choice.
    The videos are not the bad thing bro. Power to him. It's what was said in their "profile" on a certain website that was. Not very "admireable". I will not say anything else. This is a family board. You'll see it eventually.

I'd just love to see the press conference if they lose to Chicago.

"So Rex, why didn't you go for it on 4th down? It was only a foot...."

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: