Quantcast NFL Week #15: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

The Bucs did do well, Christine, but I think folks might be hopping on their bandwagon just a tad early.

Their schedule this season was a cakewalk. They didn't beat a single team with a winning record until the very last game of the season when they beat New Orleans, who basically laid down for them in the 3rd quarter once they could no longer improve their playoff positioning.

Their wins came against 10 teams with a staggeringly bad winning percentage of .344! They beat the dregs of the NFL ... Cleveland, Cincinnatti, Carolina twice ... they literally beat no one of significance all season long.

Conversely, their 6 losses game against teams with a combined winning percentage of .698 and they got blown out in those games by a combined 164-94.

I think Tampa Bay is going to be next year's sexy Super Bowl pick that ends up going nowhere. I think they have a good, young nucleus but they're at least two or three years from being good enough to contend, IMO.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    The Bucs did do well, Christine, but I think folks might be hopping on their bandwagon just a tad early.

Their schedule this season was a cakewalk. They didn't beat a single team with a winning record until the very last game of the season when they beat New Orleans, who basically laid down for them in the 3rd quarter once they could no longer improve their playoff positioning.

Their wins came against 10 teams with a staggeringly bad winning percentage of .344! They beat the dregs of the NFL ... Cleveland, Cincinnatti, Carolina twice ... they literally beat no one of significance all season long.

Conversely, their 6 losses game against teams with a combined winning percentage of .698 and they got blown out in those games by a combined 164-94.

I think Tampa Bay is going to be next year's sexy Super Bowl pick that ends up going nowhere. I think they have a good, young nucleus but they're at least two or three years from being good enough to contend, IMO.
    I totally agree! Cakewalk indeed.

Post Thanks / Like

You have no way of knowing how the other teams that are on your schedule are going to do before hand. People were high on some of those teams you dismissed before the season started. What were they to do, change the schedule mid-season?

I watched the Saints game. Brees was out there with Bush for 3 quarters of the game. They played many more of their starters than the Eagles did.

Do I think they are Super Bowl contenders next year? No. Do I think they will improve and make the playoffs? I think it is a strong possibility. They are a lot closer than the Carolina Panthers!
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    They are a lot closer than the Carolina Panthers!
    I think my nephew's Pop Warner team is a lot closer than the Panthers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWfanatic742 View Post
    If the divisional games are SO important, how does Oakland go 6-0 in its division this year but not make the playoff's?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    But as 742 pointed out, utterly meaningless in the grand scheme, or else Oakland wins the division
    Division games are very important, but they aren't the only thing. You still have 10 other games to play. Oakland went 2-8 in non Div games (including 2 loses to teams in the division that "stinks".) All they had to do was win 2 more of them and they're in.

And just to reiterate... I don't care in the least that Seattle, a team the Giants destroyed in Seattle, is in the playoffs. I'm TICKED ALL TO HECK that we lost to the Eagles at home costing us the playoffs, and a home game at that.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    They are a lot closer than the Carolina Panthers!
    I noticed you added this in later. Ha! Who cares? I'm still a fan win or lose. Always will be. I'm a long suffering fan of many losing teams. Getting easier as life rolls on...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I noticed you added this in later. Ha! Who cares? I'm still a fan win or lose. Always will be. I'm a long suffering fan of many losing teams. Getting easier as life rolls on...
    I added it as you and I were posting at the same time and I was too lazy to make another post .

Oh, I agree with sticking by a team win or lose. I remember the Bucs when there were 0-26 (long live the creamsicle uniforms) and chants of "throw McKay in the Bay"! If I could hold my head high as a fan then, comments about them having a cakewalk schedule are pretty minor, as I remember when they could not handle a cakewalk schedule.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Somebody has to love the losers!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a fan of the Nets (12-70) and Orioles (66-96), glad one of my teams is finally doing good
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a fan of the Nets (12-70) and Orioles (66-96), glad one of my teams is finally doing good
    Exactly! After years or seasons of disappointment, it's that much more special when one of your teams does well (like the Lightning are doing now).

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a fan of the Nets ...
    A Nets fan in South Florida? How the heck did that happen?
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Only fan that I know of down here

I liked the Nets back in the day (for me at least, was 10 years ago which is half of my life ago ) when they had Kidd, Mutombo, and Jefferson early on in the decade. When Alonzo Mourning went there I loved them from then on, even though he didn't do much there. Then with Vince Carter going there, they should have won at least one ring with Carter, Kidd, and Jefferson there.

I also like the Anaheim Ducks, but that's another story...

So the Dolphins are looking at maybe hiring Jim Harbaugh. What are they, like the 10th different team looking to hire him?
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    I'm TICKED ALL TO HECK that we lost to the Eagles at home costing us the playoffs, and a home game at that.
    Huh ... funny how perspectives differ. I was quite appreciative of the outcome of that game.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Just as a heads up, the new overtime rules come into effect this weekend for the playoffs. No longer can a game end in overtime when the first team with possession kicks a field goal. The first team either has to score a touchdown or the other team gets a chance with the ball...

OT: 5,000 Posts!!!
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Please please please Philadelphia win tomorrow so we can play Seattle at home next week
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Please please please Philadelphia win tomorrow so we can play Seattle at home next week
    Sorry ... can't help you!

Do you think Donovan McNabb has stopped laughing yet?
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Bumbling, stumbeling

The Jets march On...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post
    Bumbling, stumbeling

The Jets march On...

At least until next week.

Hate to burst your bubble Guels, but if they needed a last second FG to beat a team with 18 players on IR, AND they're already running their mouths about the Pats, I'm sure Belichick and Brady are just DYING to have them come visit.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hate to burst your bubble Guels, but if they needed a last second FG to beat a team with 18 players on IR, AND they're already running their mouths about the Pats, I'm sure Belichick and Brady are just DYING to have them come visit.
    Hey, after that Seahawks game I'm not ruling anything out!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Oh come now- dont you see I know exactly where my team is at. (by the way check the post I made in football fun week -wildcard about you).
    Just like your dolphins- I root for the jets and hope they win.
    I know, that we are facing a team that has not lost at home (in what seems like a decade). Brady is about the best at QB that you can be.
    Billicheck has figured out what to do about schottenheimers Offense, and has his D playing as a solid unit at the right time of year.
    So basically we have a chance, like a snowball in Miami of winning.
    But that will not stop me from rooting.
    and anyway, how many people thought that big old "not the sharpest knife in the drawer" Rex Ryans club would be one and done ?
    Jets
    Win lose die or tie
    I am A fan

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: