Quantcast 8th Anniversary December Trip Day 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 8th Anniversary December Trip Day 5

Tuesday December 14th Our Anniversary!
    7AM wake-up call, pastry breakfast. We make it to EPCOT just after the 9AM opening. We go grab fastpasses for Soarin and also ride it. We then head over to the Living Seas and ride Nemo. We take the time to walk around this pavillion too. We get to see the manatees this year! We also show up just before the 10AM fish tank feeding. It was really neat to watch how they feed all of those fish!

Walking around today is when we realized that all of the topiaries were covered So there are tarps up everywhere to protect plants. We walked through some stores and Innoventions. It was now time for WS to open. We started on Mexico side today, since we already did the other side. More hat pictures taken!! We grabbed a chocolate cupcake with caramel on top at the Germany pavillion. The cake was ok, caramel super yummy! Next time I will probably get something more just carmel focused.

We grabbed lunch at Lotus Blossom in China. We share the beef and noodle soup and got the strawberry bean ice cream for dessert. Both were very delicious! We also got to see all of the statues they have here, very neat. We also saw the drummers perform in Japan.

At the America pavillion we saw the singers perform and went in and watched the show. My DH uses this as a nap time, but I found it very interesting. When we got down to France, we got another Napoleon and a cream puff. We liked the Napoleon better. The cream puff wasn't as flavorful.

We grabbed dinner in the UK. Those fish and chips were so yummy!!!!! We will definitely go back again!

Next stop was Captain EO. My DH hasn't seen this since he was in Jr. High (so a good 15 years or so). I saw this with my sisters at Disneyland in May. The floor there moves a ton. I was happy to see that the floor didn't move nearly as much here!

Our last ride of the day is Spaceship Earth. I nice way to relax! When we exited, we decided to get our picture taken in front of SSE. We then took the monorail to the TTC. We opted for the ferry boat since we had yet to go to the MK by boat! As we were boarding, the boat driver wished us a happy anniversary over the loud speaker! It was a chilly ride, but worth it.

The MK closed at 7PM due to a party. But we wanted to go get some last pictures of the castle lit up. We were here for only an hour or two. We left just before 7PM.

I realized we hadn't gone to the Wilderness Lodge yet (my favorite resort!). So we hopped a boat over. We spent about 30 minutes looking around the lobby and taking pictures. Once we warmed up a bit, we went out to the bus stop to catch a ride to Downtown Disney. We had intended on going here a few times on this trip, but never quite made it there. We did encounter a rude guest while waiting for the bus. An older gentleman and his wife were sitting on the bench. We opted to stand. My DH accidentaly tapped his foot against the bench and apologized immediately. The older guy talked loudly and was very rude towards my DH and said that's the third time he's kicked the bench and asked him to stop three times too. That was not correct but we didn't feel like arguing. He just looked very unhappy. I don't think grumpy people should be at WDW!

I had forgotten how long it takes to get to DTD from here. We did this route last year too. We stopped at the Grand Floridian on the way. From the time we arrived at the bus stop, till the bus got there was a good 20 minutes. The ride itself took a good 30 minutes or so.

We were hungry, so we went to Earl of Sandwich. We ate there a couple of times last year and loved it! It did not disappoint! After our tummies were full, we went to the Lego store. Then to World of Disney. It was very crowded this night! We were able to find dog tag machines all around EPCOT and wanted a tag for our dog at home. We decided to just chance it and see what they had at DTD. In the Pooh store we found the machine. Our dog is named Winnie, so we wanted a Pooh tag. But all of the Pooh tags were long rectangles, which wouldn't work well on our dogs collar. We ended up getting the Mickey head and getting her name and our cell number on the back. We picked up a few more items and called it a night.

We were back to our room by 11:30PM. Time to pack up, we head home tomorrow.

Up next: Magic Kingdom and Magical Express home.
    Dreaming of Disney World every day, until I can get back there again!
    Disneyland at least a dozen times growing up!
    July 1997- Wilderness Lodge (HS Graduation)
    December 2009 & 2010- POP Century (7th & 8th Wedding Anniversaries)
    November 2011, April 2012, October 2012, January 2013 Disneyland

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like it was a nice, relaxed celebration!

I always make it a point to visit the manatees! They've been a favorite of mine since my first sight of one - many years ago at Sea World!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

It was a wonderful anniversary, thank you!

I love the manatees too! I remember seeing them at EPCOT 13 years ago. By the time we got there last year, the manatees were sleeping for the night. So I lingered a bit and watched them eat this year. They are so gentle looking!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Anniversary! I think I'd choose Epcot for my anniversary day as well. Nice way to hop around to see the last-minute things you enjoy - but is it really time to go home? I always dread that last night!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, that last night is so hard! It's almost as hard as the last day! But it was a great anniversary!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: