Quantcast 1/2 Marathon/Marathon characters

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 1/2 Marathon/Marathon characters

does anyone know if a list of characters that will be out for the 1/2 marathon is released prior to the run? thx.
    POR 10/13, DL Hotel 9/13, Poly 1/13
    CB 10/12
    Poly 1/12
    POR 10/11
    POFQ 5/11
    Poly 1/11
    GF 11/10
    POFQ 5/10
    Poly 1/10
    WL 10/09
    WL 6/09
    AKL1/09
    CB 7/08
    CS 5/08
    Pop 4/08
    CB 10/07 &12/07
    Yacht Club 07
    POFQ 06
    POFQ 05
    POR 04
    ASM 03
    ASM 00
    AS Movies 99
    OffSite 97
    AS Sports 96

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to know as well. I'm running the half and full. I would stop for a pic with a character I never get to see, but won't stop for the ones I see all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

They do not print a list.....only some cast members know. If its anything like the last few years I would expect probably 2 or three characters who have been missing from the parks. Funny thing: the more rare characters have been out for the half and not the full over the past two years. This may have been due to the weather last year. Of course rare characters, at least to me, do not include characters like the Country Bears who have always been out for both races. Other "uncommon" (not rare) characters will appear like some villains. Also Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy have been out in some different attire. Another warning for first timers, oftentimes depending on where you are in the race, there is a good chance you will miss out on a few of these because the characters usually rotate with other characters. I have missed some good ones due to this.
    The last three years rare characters:
    2010: Wilbur and Lewis Robinson, and Bowler Hat Guy, who rotated with Phineas and Ferb (I missed P and F), Barbossa, Louis the Alligator, and some reindeer from the Christmas parade (?). Donald, and Mickey, roating with Goofy, and Minnie in golfing attire.
    2009: the Hunchback characters; Esmerelda, Phobeus, and Quasi, the entire Robin Hood gang (including the very rare Little John), and Prince Eric (who is not as rare anymore). Mickey, Donald, and Goffy in Revolutionary war dress.
    2008: Darkwing, Scrooge, and Launchpad, Hades and John Smith.

The number of characters was down last year, again this may have been due to the weather...it was snowing . In 2009 they promised more characters in their advertising but there were actually less . Hopefully we will have good weather and Disney will bring out some gems.
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

I saw some pics of the Hoop Dee Doo cast in Liberty Square/Frontierland at one of the marathons. Any idea what year that was? thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by asianway View Post
    I saw some pics of the Hoop Dee Doo cast in Liberty Square/Frontierland at one of the marathons. Any idea what year that was? thanks
    I belive that was 09.

Post Thanks / Like

Marathon weekend is off to a rip roaring start: report from the Pasta in the Park Party - Mickey, Minnie, Donald, AND Goofy - all in their standard outfits.
    Last edited by asianway; 01-06-2011 at 09:01 PM. Reason: typo

Post Thanks / Like

Day 2 update from the 5k:

Buzz & Woody met at that start line and kicked off the race
    Face Green Army Man
    Mulan
    Snow White & Dopey
    Geppetto (switching with Pinocchio on the Italy balcony)
    Chip and Dale in kimonos(heard someone say Minnie was swapping with them - balcony only)
    Emile (presumably swapping with Remy, but I didnt ask)

7 Character locations and only 5 were photo ops.

Pretty weak...

Post Thanks / Like

Those were the exact characters my DH and kids saw yesterday, but they saw Minnie in her kimono, not Chip 'n Dale.

Phineas and Ferb were out this morning in Epcot for 1/2 marathon. Check our Twitter feed for pic.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, just got the lowdown from my DH. Fab 4 at start in track gear. Rapinzel, Flynn, Tiana, Naveen, alligator, Pooh, Tigger, various Pirate characters including Jack and Barbosa, Alice in MK. Penguin and Chip 'n Dale near Grand Flo. Fab 4 in golf attire at Golf course near Shades of Green. Stitch around Poly. Tall stilt guys on route from MK to Epcot. Phineas and Ferb and Stitch again in Epcot. Donald and Goofy at end in track gear. Daisy, Pluto, Clarabell and Horace were posing in family meet up area.

That's all he could remember.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Okay, just got the lowdown from my DH. Fab 4 at start in track gear. Rapinzel, Flynn, Tiana, Naveen, alligator, Pooh, Tigger, various Pirate characters including Jack and Barbosa, Alice in MK. Penguin and Chip 'n Dale near Grand Flo. Fab 4 in golf attire at Golf course near Shades of Green. Stitch around Poly. Tall stilt guys on route from MK to Epcot. Phineas and Ferb and Stitch again in Epcot. Donald and Goofy at end in track gear. Daisy, Pluto, Clarabell and Horace were posing in family meet up area.

That's all he could remember.
    The face green army man was directing runners to corrals. Tink and Silvermist were lurking in the dark on EPCOT Center Drive - I didnt see them till I passed them. Pooh and Piglet were out when I passed. Mayor Weaver, Victoria Trumpetto, and Hildegard Olivia Harding were on Main St. Buzz was in Tomorrowland. I saw Alice, Mad Hatter, and Queen of Hearts at the Teacups. Peter Pan, Wendy, Fairy Godmother, Prince Charming, and Tremaines were in Fantasyland. Liverlips and Shaker were in Frontierland. Bert and Mary Poppins were also at GF. Chip n Dale were out with no special outfits on Asian...I mean Floridian Way. Duffy was also at EPCOT.

I also got a report that Woody, Jessie, and Bullseye were at the Race Retreat.

Post Thanks / Like

Full marathon report from Mile 23 on:
    At Studios
    Sulley
    Block Party Bash dancers - the true last BPB, very sad
    At EPCOT
    Aurora
    Beast
    Aladdin
    Snow White
    Mulan and Mushu swapping with Shan Yu
    Panchito and Jose Carioca

Pluto, Daisy, Horace, and Clarabelle at the finish line

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Marathon Weekend Characters Awesome!

Let me just tell you, this years marathon featured the best collection of characters since I began running the race five years ago!

While the lineup was full of the everyday common characters for the half marathon, the full marathon featured some awesome finds!!!!

These are the characters who were at both the half and the full: (sorry about the poor spelling in advance)
    Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, Eeyore, Buzz, Stitch, Alice, Mad Hatter, Queen of Hearts, Hook, Peter Pan, Wendy, Smee, Rapunzell, Lady Tremaine, Anastasia, Drizzella, Louis the aligator, Tiana, Naveen, Liver Lips, Big Al, Shaker, Wendall, Green Army Men, Rossetta, Iridessa, Terrance, Fawn, Tinkerbell, Phineus, Ferb, Chip, Dale, Jack Sparrow, Barbossa, Donald, Goofy, Daisy, Horace, Clarabelle, Pluto, Goofy, Minnie, and Mickey. Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald also appeared in several different costumes, like their golfing attire and marathon outfits.

These characters were exclusive to the full marathon: Gaphetto, Pinnochio, Max, Woody, Jessie, Frozone, Mr and Mrs. Incredible, Mike and Sully, Russell, Carl, and Doug, Rafiki, Baloo, King Louie, Brer Fox, Brer Bear, Brer Rabbit, Belle and Beast, Mulan, Mushu, Aladdin, Jasmine, and Marie.

Now for the awesome uncommon and rare finds that were out for the marathon. You are going to be blown away and want to run next year!

Strombolli, Uncle Scrouge, Launchpad McQuack, Ponchito, Jose Caricoa, Davey Crockett, Tom Sawyer, Zorro... who was on his horse, and Shan-Yu...yes the Shan Yu!

Kudos to Disney for bringing out these rare finds!

Oh and BTW we met and hung out with Likestoworkout from the boards this week. I love meeting my Intercot friends!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to merge this in with the other thread where we've been discussing this past weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlawler View Post
    Strombolli, Uncle Scrouge, Launchpad McQuack, Ponchito, Jose Caricoa, Davey Crockett, Tom Sawyer, Zorro... who was on his horse, and Shan-Yu...yes the Shan Yu!
    Wow! My DH didn't see some of these apparently. He did get his pic with Jose and Panchito, and Shan-Yu though. Shan-Yu is SCARY!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Melanie; 01-12-2011 at 07:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Zorro was the coolest find of the weekend by far.

Post Thanks / Like

Add Mary Poppins, Burt, Mr. Penguin, and Duffy to the list of those out for both races.

Did anyone happen to see who was rotating with the Pinocchio characters an backstage Epcot. There were two groups of three standing there. One one side were the Pinocchio characters and the other side there stood Max, Launchpad, and Scrouge. I am not sure who rotated with any of these? Asian Way any help?

Post Thanks / Like

I was only in the 5k and the half. I did not get to see the backstage piece of EPCOT from when you all ran in the back gate to the exit of World Showplace, sorry. Thanks for the report!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Wow! My DH didn't see some of these apparently. He did get his pic with Jose and Panchito, and Shan-Yu though. Shan-Yu is SCARY!!
    There's a reason why he's so rare. somewhere... Gotta go! (runs off in fear)

Post Thanks / Like

thanks to greenlawler's inspiration, i'll be running the full marathon in 2012! i'm moving up from the half to the full - how can i pass up the chance to meet the characters he listed! zorro, davy crockett - wow!
    POR 10/13, DL Hotel 9/13, Poly 1/13
    CB 10/12
    Poly 1/12
    POR 10/11
    POFQ 5/11
    Poly 1/11
    GF 11/10
    POFQ 5/10
    Poly 1/10
    WL 10/09
    WL 6/09
    AKL1/09
    CB 7/08
    CS 5/08
    Pop 4/08
    CB 10/07 &12/07
    Yacht Club 07
    POFQ 06
    POFQ 05
    POR 04
    ASM 03
    ASM 00
    AS Movies 99
    OffSite 97
    AS Sports 96

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw a youtube vid - spotted Chicken Little, Abby Mallard and Fire Chief Miller at the full.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: