Quantcast Survivor: Redemption Island - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    New commercial with giant Rob and Russell looming over Jeff. "This island isn't big enough for the both of us."

Watch me end up loving it!
    I saw the commercial too during the Steelers - Jets game. I noticed Russell had a new arm tattoo, still doesn't give him a personality though.

Looks like CBS is going to cram those two down our throats for the next 2-3 weeks before the season starts.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    Personally I wish Russell and Rob would just move on to the next reality TV show. Can't you just imagine them on Dancing With the Stars? Now that would be more interesting!
    Maybe Russell can take Elizibeth Hasselback's place on The View. That would REALLY be interesting!

Post Thanks / Like

i hate russ and really do not want to see him again. tired of all the re run people.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

What, no comments yet?! Or is everyone still in shock over that Tribal Council? Phillip and Kristina have got to go. (Not that I won't change my mind a hundred times, but that's how I feel this morning.)

Post Thanks / Like

I just didn't like the way the whole thing went down. It's definitely the Rob and Russell show.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I enjoyed it. It played out pretty much as I expected it to (and as it should) with Russell and Rob being the headliners.

I'm sure, as other folks find their way more and start to figure things out, we'll see some new contenders emerge, but for now the focus is definitely going to be on those two.

A couple early thoughts ... aside from the obvious that Phillip and Kristina are annoying ... I'm a bit surprised that Russell chose to go the same route again with picking the "young, cute girl" to do his dirty work. It's kinda obvious now that that's how he operates and it seemed like he was figured out on that one immediately. Hopefully, he's smart enough to play it a little differently this time. Maybe throw his sidekick under the bus early on to stir things up and keep people off balance? That's what he does the best.

As far as Rob goes, I just don't see the passion to win from him that he used to have. I see another early exit for him, because he's just not fired up like Russell is. Also, his tribe appears to be significantly weaker than Russell's. If they lose a lot, there's a good chance they'll end up blaming Rob and turn on him quickly.

In terms of Redemption Island, I really like that twist. I think it's going to add a very unique aspect to the game!
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    In terms of Redemption Island, I really like that twist. I think it's going to add a very unique aspect to the game!
    Not really unique. The challenges on MTV have used this for years.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Not really unique. The challenges on MTV have used this for years.
    Mel, I didn't realize you were such an MTV hipster.

But I actually meant it would be unique for Survivor specifically as it really changes strategy. "Getting someone out" won't have anywhere near the same impact it used to when you consider that they could end up coming back to the game.
    Ian șOș

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Holy Cow! Survivor is pretty much the only regular show I watch and I had absolutely no clue whatsoever until I read this thread that it premiered yesterday.

I guess I never realized how detached from TV (especially network TV) I've become... that's a good thing right?
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

That was one excellent first Tribal Council! Phillip, whoa! Loose cannon. He really cracked me up. As unexcited as I am to see Russell and Rob back again, I do think they might add an element of interest to the season. People are clearly locking on to their preconceived notions of them and letting it affect their strategy going in.

I liked Kristina and Francesca, but from the amount of air time they got, I thought maybe one or both of them wouldn't be long for the game. Especially Francesca, with her early quote about how she wasn't worried about being voted off. Thanks for spelling it out, Survivor editors. Let's see if Kristina can bounce back from a rocky start.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Mel, I didn't realize you were such an MTV hipster.

But I actually meant it would be unique for Survivor specifically as it really changes strategy. "Getting someone out" won't have anywhere near the same impact it used to when you consider that they could end up coming back to the game.
    Dude. Of course.

Well sure, it's unique for Survivor, but at the same time, it's sad to me that the king of reality shows has come to taking 'big twists' from other shows (and what was actually the original reality show). Can you tell I'm kinda down on Survivor right now?

Post Thanks / Like

I love it!! I have lots and lots of Rob LOVE and I'll admit it...I love to HATE Russell .

I think Rob has passion...he always does. But it's only the first episode...he's GOT to lay back a bit and see the personalities come out. He pegged that Fran-CHESS-ka and Christina had the idol. He broke up that trio and set the remaining other two up for failure...totally demolished the alliance. And Phil (the Federal Agent)...You're on the list. I just can't deal with a man in fuschia underwear. I kinda wish it was Christina that went first but...

They need to be careful who they send to Redemption Island...
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Dude. Of course.

Well sure, it's unique for Survivor, but at the same time, it's sad to me that the king of reality shows has come to taking 'big twists' from other shows (and what was actually the original reality show). Can you tell I'm kinda down on Survivor right now?
    I'm giving it a chance, but I definitely agree that it's a bummer they're going with a concept used in other reality shows. I still think it would be more of a twist to go old school, back to the basics, make it as much like season one as they could, when Jeff was still testing them with things like "Are they hungry enough to eat dog food?" and they didn't have immunity idols and games outside of games and all those extras.

When they lost the rice in Survivor: Australia (season two), you were really afraid for them starving out there. It was a life and death situation. Now we just shrug and know the producers will take care of them all. Camp burned down? Oh well. They've given them too much security, and they've given us, the viewers, too much faith that it's all a game. I think they need to make it more real for us somehow, raise the stakes without actually endangering anyone. Go back to real people instead of a few real people mixed in with camera-ready scouted-in-Hollywood types. As it is, how ridiculous is it that some of these people are still out there in creepy looking underwear? They should all know better!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

A couple other thoughts triggered by comments here ...

#1 - Phillip needs to put some clothes on or I'm going to stop watching.

#2 - What the heck was with the hardware store they got to build shelters with??? They've never done that before have they? What's next a 7-11 in the backyard??

#3 - I forget ... was Phillip ever a Federal agent?

#4 - I agree on going old school Survivor. I miss the simplicity of the first shows without all the this-island and that-island and blah blah blah. Just play the core game that was what hooked everyone in the first place.
    Ian șOș

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

A couple other thoughts triggered by comments here ...

#1 - Phillip needs to put some clothes on or I'm going to stop watching.

#2 - What the heck was with the hardware store they got to build shelters with??? They've never done that before have they? What's next a 7-11 in the backyard??
    What a show last night! I was drop-jawed at the dumb-bunny stuff that they said and did. Hasn't anyone learned to keep their mouth shut or to keep immunity idols to themselves?

Don't much care for the return of Russell, but Rob's a little easier to take.

Ian: Have to agree with you about the pink undies being barfalicious, if that's a real word. Also loved all the tools they were given to construct the shelters. Next week they get cable.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    and they didn't have immunity idols
    That's another thing that really bothered me last night. Christina found the immunity idol with nothing, no clues, nothing. Really? REALLY? Ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought last night's episode was one of the most entertaining Survivor shows I've seen in a while! Especially after the last dull, lackluster season. I'm already tired of Russell...he just plays the same old game every time. In a way I can see why, because it got him to the end the last 2 times, but I have to think that this time he won't get away with it. I was glad to see that at least a couple people on his tribe noticed that he had already pulled aside a young girl to serve as his puppet.

On the other hand, I'm really liking Rob being back (but I've always liked him, so I guess I'm biased ). I didn't think he was lacking passion for the game, I think he was laying low because he knew he came in with a huge target on his back. I think he showed his passion at tribal council during his confrontation with Christina.

The whole carpenter's kit was a little ridiculous to me, too. Why didn't they throw in some pillows and blankets while they were at it? Although they did give them cloth and a sewing kit, so I guess the tribes can just make their own!

And what a crazy tribal council! As annoying as he is, I hope they keep Phillip around for a while just because he's such a nutjob and could really mess up some people's games! I loved Jeff's face while Phillip was talking!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

#3 - I forget ... was Phillip ever a Federal agent?

I'm kind of glad Phillip didn't get voted off,just for entertainment purposes.I loved his excuse that he couldn't pronounce Francesca. His mouth was too dry due to the medication he had been taking.
    Hșoș lly

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney

WDW repeat guest since 1989!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lovewalt View Post

I'm kind of glad Phillip didn't get voted off,just for entertainment purposes.I loved his excuse that he couldn't pronounce Francesca. His mouth was too dry due to the medication he had been taking.
    But then did you notice he spelled it 'Franchesqua', or something to that effect?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Phillip

I only got to watch last night and am super busy this am but...Phillip is a tool.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: