Quantcast The Impact of Brazilian Tour Groups - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

actually i like them...for the most part they hve been polite. I like their excitement, and i think they add to my fun.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I failed to mention, it was an American cheer team that was being loud....
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Doll View Post
    Agreed! The cheerleading/ dance teams are far more..um..spirited than the BTG.
    It's a good comparison actually and should help illustrate that it's probably more "group-think" going on than it is any kind of cultural differences.

Some of the worst behavior I've ever seen in a Disney theme park was perpetrated by Christian teens on Night of Joy. FAR worse than I've ever seen out of BTG's ... does that mean Christian teens are inherently bad people or offensive in some way? No ... it just means that, like everyone else, when you get in a big group you tend to behave differently than you would when you were by yourself.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Dual post
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    It's a good comparison actually and should help illustrate that it's probably more "group-think" going on than it is any kind of cultural differences.

Some of the worst behavior I've ever seen in a Disney theme park was perpetrated by Christian teens on Night of Joy. FAR worse than I've ever seen out of BTG's ... does that mean Christian teens are inherently bad people or offensive in some way? No ... it just means that, like everyone else, when you get in a big group you tend to behave differently than you would when you were by yourself.
    Ian, an absolutely great and well expressed post. It is good to see a thread on this topic with such thoughtful posts.

We live (and hotelier as well) in a tourist area and have observed the group effect in a varioety of nationalities (including Canadian and American), cultures and groups. And that's what it is, s large group on vacation. Thanks for expressing it so well.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

I saw them quite a bit last week, and I can't say they really bothered me all that much. Sure, the sight of 50 girls chanting songs and cheers can be a bit frightening at first. But I would avoid the lines they went to, and would try to beat them into an attraction.

I did see them once hit a fastpass line, which probably clogged it for hours.

Fantasmic was full of them, and there must have been a famous Brazilian there because all the girls were screaming for half an hour. Wonder who it was.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Remember that winter in the Northern Hemisphere (U.S.) is summer in the Southern Hemisphere (Brazil).

From Wikipedia~~~
    In Brazil the school year usually begins during the first week of February. There is a 3-week long winter break in July. The Brazilian school year ends in December, summer in Brazil.
    Which explains why the South American groups are so prevalent in January and July.

I've never had any problems with these groups; it's actually kinda fun seeing their exuberance. And let's not forget that these large groups bring quite a lot of bu$ine$$ to the area.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post

Which explains why the South American groups are so prevalent in January and July.

I've never had any problems with these groups; it's actually kinda fun seeing their exuberance. And let's not forget that these large groups bring quite a lot of bu$ine$$ to the area.
    hey some great information...and the BTGs don't bother me any more than any of the other large groups at WDW...we just try to make sure we never follow them into a ride queue.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at All Star Movies in January 2010. Honestly, the Brazilian Groups weren't that bad. Yes, it did make the food court a mad house in the morning, but we learned to patiently get our food - and eat in our rooms!! They were only bad one night - it was their last night some of them said. But it was BAD - they were so loud. They sure kept security busy hoping from one row of rooms to the next. But like I said, it was only one night. Other than that, for the most part, they were very polite and if you could engage them in conversation on the buses....you could really learn a lot from them about their country!!
    July 1998 / Oct 2000 / Oct 2006 / Oct 2007/ Jan 2010/ Nov 27- December 4, 2011- All Star Movies. We are ALL obsessed with Disney = Me, DH, DS11 and DS6

Post Thanks / Like

I find it interesting that I used to see those tour groups a lot when I was a kid in the 80s and early 90s, but then I hardly ever saw them from about the mid 90s through the early 2000s. It's only been in the last few years that I've started seeing them again on a regular basis. I wonder what happened. Did travel from Brazil to WDW decline rapidly during a certain time period and then pick back up?
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Post Thanks / Like

We were talking to a CM about these groups and he told us that the groups used to tear up the rooms and things. Disney told the government and the tour groups if they couldn't keep their groups under control, they weren't going to be allowed to come. He also said that they were banned for sometime from coming. Maybe that is when you didn't see them. He said it only in the last 5-10 years that they have been allowed back.
    Can I go "home" yet?
    Mickey where are you?

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

The economy of Argentina collapsed in the mid to late 90s when their currency was inflated and the banks simply didnt open one day.

Perhaps that had something to do with them disappearing as well.
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

Ian has hit the nail on the head. I can remember doing some blush-inducing stuff when I was a teen with a group of friends.

The good news is that tour operators are taking time to educate their groups about American customs like forming a line and waiting your turn.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, I remember Brazilian tour groups...
    "Beep, beep, beep!" - instead of "excuse me" probably because they figure folks in the states wouldn't figure out "Com licença" or "Perdão".
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: