Yesterday was a rough day for my hometown. Yesterday was, more than likely, the very last Sacramento Kings game. I am so disappointed in the Maloofs and the City of Sacramento for failing to work together to come to an agreement.

I watched a video today of the announcers getting visibly upset during the sign off last night and it brough tears to my eyes.

For years, I personally feel the Maloofs have been trying to get out of Sacramento and have in a way, tried to "Major League" or sandbag our team to get out from a mountain of debt and be able to relocate. Years ago, my dh and I went to Las Vegas and there was a very prevelant rumor going around town that the Maloofs were really wanting out of Sacramento. Sure enough the very next year, they traded some key players, and got some cheap no-names. Year after year, they have let the team falter and of course with that comes upset fans that don't wait to pay top dollar to see their team lose.

Sacramento used to be most NBA teams' worst nightmare. Why...because we loved our Kings and were loud and proud.

I know the economy stinks and that people can't afford to go to the games, but the Maloofs sat back and kept their mouths shut during every single disucssion about a new arena. They wouldn't support a single plan that anybody came up with and they kept flooring a team that had zero chance to ever have a winning season. David Stern sat back and let the Maloofs sandbag their team, just so that they could "prove" that they had just cause to relocate.

My husband even joked last night that we can go visit our team next time we go to Disneyland. Why on earth would one region need 3 teams???

Anyway, I'm sorry for the long post. I just had to get this off my chest.