Quantcast Grand Gathering at OKW Grand Villa, Part 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Grand Gathering at OKW Grand Villa, Part 3

Hi all! Here's a link to the last report. If you want a list of who's along for the ride, check out part 1...

The plan was to wake up at 7am – yeah right! I set the alarm on my phone, but somehow missed Monday on the list of days for the alarm to work. So we actually woke up around 8:30 – at this point DAK had been open for a half hour (it was emh)! Bummer. When I went downstairs the real bummer was revealed. It was pouring! There were thunderstorm warnings all around and the wind was terrible. So it wasn’t such a big deal that we slept in. We thought perhaps the rain would let up, but no luck. So around 10:45am we finally headed out.

When we got to DAK, it was still pouring. But we had ponchos and rain covers for the strollers. We were ready to go! By the time we got situated, it was almost noon and we headed over to FotLK. Love that show! My little one loved it too. By this point in the trip, she was really showing a Mommy preference. She would not let anyone else hold her. As sweet and endearing as this was, it was also kind of a pain. She also freaked out in the stroller (being under the cover), so I had to hold her. Here’s a poncho tip if you have to hold a baby: put the baby’s head out the main head opening, covered by the hood and put your head in the arm hole. If you hold your poncho just so, you don’t get too wet.

After the show we went to the baby center to get organized. The rest of the group headed out for Bug’s life, but we hung back to shop and get DD2 more comfortable shoes (love those crocs). The group returned right away, apparently there wasn’t enough time before our ADR at the Tusker house. So off to lunch we went. We got in early, and the place was deserted! The meal was pretty good; they had a really nice selection. After lunch we headed over to NEMO! We had the reserved seating from lunch, so we went right in and got great seats. I was super excited for this one, since I’m always playing the music in the car. DD2 was enthralled. DD1 was singing along. When it was done DD2 kept asking “show”, “nemo”, “crush”, and “more show”. Now that we’re home she’s always asking for “blue world” and for nemo.

At this point everyone was worn down, and it was too late for naps. We hadn’t scheduled naps today due to Nemo, and tensions were running high. My family shopped in a nice dry store while the others went on Dinosaur. My DN is a huge dino fan. While we waited DD1 and I went to the bathroom and had a blast drying our ponchos in the hand dryer. We laughed so hard, it was one of my highlights of the trip. Funny how the little things are what really stand out. After that, we all did Bugs Life and then called it a day. I was sad we didn’t get to do the Safari or Everest or play in the boneyard, but what are you going to do?

Our original plan was to head over to CBR for a counter service dinner and to check out the resort. Since it was raining so badly we decided to go to the Contemporary instead and hit up their food court. This worked out fairly well and we were able to do a little shopping – I just love the stores there! Finally we headed for home. We decided to take cabs since it was still pouring. We put the kids down, and called a day! Tomorrow Epcot and our photo shoot!
    Maggie
    DVC Member @ OKW & BCV

Mamma to DD's E and C
    CR 80
    POLY 84
    FW 91
    POFQ 04~Last trip w/Gramps
    POP 07~E's 1st Trip
    GF & SOG 08~(Not My)Disney Wedding
    POFQ 08~BIG Family Vacation
    POP 09~Just the Girls
    BCV 10~1 Night @WDW
    OKW GV 11~C's 1st Trip
    BLT/OKW 12~Surprise!

2014 OKW/?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, that weather just did NOT cooperate with you on this day! I'm trying to picture the dual purpose poncho with your head out the arm hole and am not quite getting it!

Finding Nemo was certainly a hit with your group!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

What a bummer about the weather today. When it's pouring like that, there isn't a whole lot you can do but try and go with it - especially with young ones and a stroller in tow. Your poncho idea is ingenious, by the way!

How cute about DD2's reaction to the Finding Nemo show. We actually saw this for the first time last summer and really enjoyed it. Sorry you weren't able to see more at AK today!

Aren't the shops at CR great? Some of my favorite purchases over the years have been found there.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow dawns bright & beautiful for your Epcot photo shoot.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

A good day to sleep in! A great day to retire early.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I didn't know about reserved Nemo seating. That is really interesting. I will have to check into that! Sounds like a wet, but fun, day!
    July 2012 Western Caribbean Cruise on Fantasy!
    2011 Offsite
    2009 Offsite
    2007 POFQ
    2000 Poly
    1996 Offsite
    1992 CBR
    Many childhood trips Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

ugh sorry to hear the rain nevedr cared to stop..but at least it didnt stop you guys with your plans..
    i love the shops at the CR also..its my favorite resort!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Too bad the weather didn't let up . . . but it did allow you to have that fun moment with your ponchos!!
    Sarah
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are,when you wish upon a star your dreams, come TRUE"

Post Thanks / Like

In spite of the rain, you managed a fun day in Animal Kingdom!!

Thanks for the report.

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report! I especially liked the tidbit about you and your oldest daughter drying ponchos in the bathroom. What a wonderful mother-daughter moment!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    I'm trying to picture the dual purpose poncho with your head out the arm hole and am not quite getting it!
    I'm having the same trouble coming up with how this must have looked. Too funny! The things we do for our Disney time!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report! A little rain never stops us either!
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not".

Dr. Seuss - The Lorax

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks for the Report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR