Quantcast A Hop, NO Skip, and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream Ontro and Day 1 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The sky in your last shot does appear to be rather threatening. Hope the weather didn't interfere with the start of your cruise!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    The sky in your last shot does appear to be rather threatening. Hope the weather didn't interfere with the start of your cruise!
    It was not nice looking, was it?

Post Thanks / Like

I drove over to the Terminal. It was very close and signs directed you exactly where to go, but it was really hard to pay attention to signs when the big beautiful ship came into view!!!!
    I couldn’t take a picture as I was driving, but let me tell you, it was gorgeous. We were ALL in awe and the excitement went a level higher. I think I just kept saying “look how big it is!”
    I parked along the drop off/pick up spot and we unloaded what we needed. We gave 3 bags to the porter and I tipped the guy, I think somewhere between $6 and $10. Dad asked the guy where he should pick us up Sunday and he said the same place.
    We said our good byes and made sure Dad had his maps. Dad then headed off to Kennedy Space Center.
    We made our way to the terminal. Again I didn’t have my camera out and we walked really fast. I did manage to snap one picture on my phone before going in.

When you walk in on the ground floor you go through security just like at the airport. No full body scanners though, and you don’t have to bag your liquids. But everything comes off like at the airport. (though, I don’t think we had to take our shoes off). Only about 3 people ahead of us!
    There was a stack of pizzas coming in right behind us. The pizzas didn’t have to go through x-ray, but the delivery person did. I know I made some smart remark to the person, like “Oh thanks I’ve been waiting for those”.
    After security we made our way upstairs. At the top of the stairs there was a guy at a high table/booth type thing. We stopped there and he had us fill out papers to state that none of us were sick.
    We also got our boarding number here. It was number 8, which I was happy about. I have heard there a different ways they determine which number you get. One being that when you preregister online and pick an arrival time, that will coincide with your boarding number. For us this was not true. There was just a stack of cards and the guy just took the one off the top and handed it to us.

I took a quick picture of Claire on my phone.

We then went to check in.

I was nervous about the Birth Certificates and prayed nothing would go wrong. We went to the line and there was basically NO line at all. We were pointed to one of the CM’s and we went right over and handed over our paperwork. Everything looked fine and they took a picture of each us. The CM was very friendly and full of excitement. We were handed our KTTW cards and on our way.

We saw that Mickey had come out for a meet and greet, so Claire and I got into line. Mom took a look at the line and basically said no way, so Mom took our carry on and found a spot to sit.

Mom was out of sight for awhile. We couldn’t see where she was sitting, but we needed something from one of the bags she had (might’ve been the autograph book.)
    After a bit she came back over (I think I actually called her). We got what we needed and she went and sat back down.

I took some random shots while waiting.

The archway was jammed packed the whole time. I could never get a chance to take a decent shot.

It was pretty crowded in the terminal, though I have to admit it wasn’t quite as bad as I had imagined it would be. None the less, there was still a LOT of people in there.

Post Thanks / Like

It was finally OUR turn to see Mickey. I am one of “those” people who take a zillion pictures when their kid meets a character…as you soon will see.

And a posed picture

And this is what the ships photographer took.

And then he took one with my camera as well.

After that I walked around and took a shot of the display model ship. It was again hard to get any pictures of it. It always had several people admiring it.

Claire and I then got in line to get her bracelet for the kids club. The line was kind of long, but it moved fast.

If I remember right, Goofy walked by while we were in line. I don’t know if he was just strolling around or doing a meet and greet. I think he was just strolling.

While we were in line I shot this peek out the window.

Minnie went whooshing by as we were standing in line as well. She and Mickey kept trading out about every half hour.

I swear every time I looked at Mom she was talking to another CM.

We made it up to the counter and it was a breeze again there too. Basically they asked Claire’s name, tapped a few keys on the computer and got her a bracelet to put on. The CM we had there was very friendly and you could tell he really liked working for Disney. He talked a lot about Disney Magic.

After that we decided to walk out to the observation deck to look at the ship. And guess what? About 2 minutes after we walk out there it starts to rain. Not hard, but enough to be annoying. Looks like a “mishap” to me! We stood under an overhang and I shot a few pictures.

I took this with my phone and texted it to family and friends.

At times I thought the rain was going to let up, but it didn’t. We gave up and went back inside then.

Post Thanks / Like

A few more before we walked in.

When we went back inside I took a few more shots. I tried once more for the arch, but it was crowded up there again. I had no idea that people would actually stand around this area the whole time…..but they did.

Claire had to go potty so we made our way over there. Mom took her in while I stayed with the bags. I gave Skip another call to tell him about the day so far. As I was talking to him they announced that boarding was starting. It was a recorded announcement and it said something like numbers 1-6 could board. I thought WOW! A TON of people stood up to head to the front. Another announcement was then made, by a live person. The announcement was wrong. They were only boarding 1 (and maybe 2). I finished up the call with Skip and told him I would try to call one more time later before we set sail.
    Mom came out with Claire and it was my turn. Let’s just say the terminal bathrooms are not very magical. They weren’t the worst I have seen, but they were not in Disney style.

We found a seat and waited to be called. We knew we would never miss our number because Claire was so excited and listened to every announcement made. She was keeping track of it all for us!
    I think I pulled out my Navigator for the first time here and took a look at some things I wanted to do, or at least try to do.

I took a few more random shots while waiting for our number to be called.

Claire is still listening for our number.

And FINALLY it is called. I can’t remember the exact time, but I want to say it was around 12:30. Maybe a little later, but not much.

We worked our way to the Big Mickey Arch. Let me tell you, that was a chore. People are standing there waiting for there number and not allowing the ones called to get through. What’s the purpose of this? I basically said excuse me over and over and pushed our way through. It was the only way to do it.
    It was so exciting though, so I didn’t let it bother me at all. I just thought it was dumb. I wish the CM’s would actually come up to them and tell them to move.
    We scanned our KTTW card and stopped off for a picture.

We had two taken, and actually we all look better in the other EXCEPT that Mom has her eyes closed in that one.

We are now about to enter the DREAM!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

There were a few people in front of us before we could board. Mom told me just to have them say my last name, which is what I was going to do anyways.

Then it was OUR turn. A CM asked what the last name was, and I told them. They then announced…..” The Hot Sexy Chicks” family! ….. Ok, really they said my last name.

And we walked in to the most beautiful place ever.

A CM meets up with you and tells you where you can get lunch, and I “think” he asked if we had questions, but honestly I was in such AWE, that I can’t remember pretty much anything he said.

You just want to look UP!

Once we snapped back to our senses I looked to the right and saw Guest Services. No one standing in line, so I decided to go over and leave off the pillow case and tote bag that we wanted to have signed by the characters. I also put some money on my account.

We had a nice CM help us. She told me that each cabin was only allowed 2 items to be signed. We had only 2 so we were fine, but it made me wonder…What about the cabins that held 5 people, and if they had 3 kids? Didn’t really seem fair that only 2 could be signed if you had 3 children in a cabin. She also told me when I was applying money to my account that only cash could be taken then. If I had gift cards (which I did want to apply eventually) it would have to be after 6 PM. Not sure why.

This beautiful chair is right near Guest Services. Of course I had to have Claire pose.

I think her thoughts were more on the line of “hurry up and get this over with”.

Isn’t the mosaic pretty.

Claire was very taken with the Grand Staircase. Who wouldn’t be?

Look at the detail around the staircase.

We went up the stairs and started walking towards the back of the ship. I knew that Cabanas was at the back and up a few decks.
    There is that Carnival ship right out the window.

Hmmmmm? Did the rain stop?

We stopped for some pictures in front of the windows.

As you can see I was not paying attention to what I was shooting and actually focused on the ship out the window instead of Mom and Claire!!!

We walked by D Lounge. They have a neat sign out by it that tells you the activities going on. We never actually made it inside of here, but walked by it several times.

After those shots we continued on our way down the hall.

Post Thanks / Like

We now entered the District area. This is the area with all the bars. We walked through here many times as well, but never actually came and had a drink or enjoyed any entertainment. It was very neat looking though.

Must follow the Star path!

“Come on Mom! You are going to slow!”

We reached the back of the ship and made our way up a few decks to Cabanas.

There was a slight line up, but it moved fast. As you walk in the CM’s hand you a sanitizer wipe for you hands. Another CM will ask how many in your group and then seat you at a table.

This was our view. On a sunny day it would be an excellent view. Today it was a drizzly view. I’m not complaining, but it would’ve been extra nice to have the sun out.

Looks like the rain is back!

I went up and got Claire’s food first. The buffet seemed endless. It went on forever.

I went up and got my food then.

And then Mom took her turn.

After we filled up on the main courses we also got a few desserts.

This was an awning/shade type thing on the top of the windows.

It was now about 1:40ish. We decided to finish up and head to see if our room was ready.

Post Thanks / Like

Before we left Cabanas, I asked a server what was going to happen with the Sail Away party if the rain continued. He said he had no clue. He had been working with Disney since Sept and had never had a rainy departure day. I knew that something would be done, and I was sure at some point and time we would be told.

We went out of the back of Cabanas and down a few flights of stairs to Deck 7 where our room 7666 was. Just right around the corner too. We were surprised to find one of my bags was already waiting for us outside the door.
    Mom got a little worried that her bag wasn’t there yet. I assured her that this was early and it could still take a few hours for it to arrive.
    The room was gorgeous for a cruise ship room. Everything was new and looked fresh. I was amazed at how roomy it was as well. Not a big room in hotel standards, but in cruise hip standards this room was a very nice size. And the verandah looked awesome!

I quickly pulled out the camera and shot a few pictures.

This is looking at the door.

The door on the left is for an adjoining room. Obviously we didn’t use that door at all.

The couch.

View of the port from our veranda.

The lamp

Guess who decided to pop in front of me when I try to shoot the bathroom!
    This is one of the split bathrooms. This side has a sink and a shower/tub combo. I was impressed with how big the tub actually was.

I went to take pictures of the other bathroom, the one with the toilet, but the light didn’t work. I called about it and they said they would send someone to fix it. It was working when we came back later. I don’t think I ever did end up taking pictures of that side then…but maybe I’ll find them later if I did.

Obviously by the time on the clock, I didn’t take this picture when we were in the room at that time. I must’ve taken it the next day. It was on the waterproof camera. I have no clue why I used it for this, except maybe testing it out.

Post Thanks / Like

We unpacked a bit from what we had in the room with us so far. Claire and I decorated our door with magnets. I put out our Fish Extender.

Sadly I don’t think I ever took a picture of our door with the magnets or fish extender.
    I took a look at the Navigator and saw that the Port shopping talk was going to start soon. I told Mom that we were going to go see it and she wanted to come as well. We looked on our ship map to see where The Buena Vista Theatre was, and made our way there.

I took a few shots as we passed the Atrium again.

And another shot. I just couldn’t stop taking pictures of it.

On our way again!

I have no clue where this was….or what it was, but it looks pretty…even though I took it crooked.

We entered The Buena Vista Theatre from the top level on deck 5. But they had all the handouts at the deck 4 entrance, so I went back and picked those flyers up.

Evidently I have bad balance or I am lopsided…here’s another crooked picture.

Soon Whitney started. She talked a lot about where to find jewelry. We oohed and ahhed. She would through out freebies, but honestly she mostly handed them to the same people in the front row. I was getting a little sleepy. Evidently Whitney has a soothing voice. I was actually starting to nod off and would catch myself. I didn’t think I could last much longer. I moved around in my seat and tried to stay awake, but it just wasn’t going to happen. I looked at Claire and she looked bored to tears…my escape! LOL! I asked her if she had to go potty and she said yes, very badly. I told Mom we were leaving and I was taking Claire potty and we would meet up with her later.

Once I got moving I felt back to normal. In search of a bathroom we came across Chip and Dale roaming around. This was not an actual meet and greet and it was hard to get a picture with them, as they just kept moving along. I actually didn’t like this. So many people would crowd the characters and try for a picture (who wouldn’t?) and it made it a little less magical to me.

Some kids were able to snag an autograph so Claire got her book out, but they never did sign hers.

I was able to take a very quick shot of Claire with Dale though. It was hard though as people were crowding and I just lifted the camera and snapped.

We then asked a nearby CM where the nearest bathroom was. He directed us and off we went. Now this may sound funny…but WOW. The bathrooms are so cool on the ship!

We headed out and decided to work our way back to the room.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hope things get better!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

My desktop is on the brink, so I am going to take it in to see if it can be fixed. Till then, I am stalled out on the TR. As soon as I can...I'll post more.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope your computer gets fixed quickly! I can't wait to read the rest of your report!
    Dreaming of Disney World every day, until I can get back there again!
    Disneyland at least a dozen times growing up!
    July 1997- Wilderness Lodge (HS Graduation)
    December 2009 & 2010- POP Century (7th & 8th Wedding Anniversaries)
    November 2011, April 2012, October 2012, January 2013 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eeyorepoohfan View Post
    I hope your computer gets fixed quickly! I can't wait to read the rest of your report!
    It is...I was just coming over here to update when I saw I had a reply. I am going to start a new thread for the next 2 days and I wll post the link here as soon as I get it up.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh shoot, I thought I had this day finished on here...I'll finish it up! LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

We went through the Atrium and I took a couple of shots of the elevator.

We saw Goofy and Pluto out for meet and greets. Claire decided to get in line for Pluto.

The line wasn’t too long at all.

Pluto played a little with Claire.

Claire decided she did not want to wait for Goofy. We headed up to the top. I wanted to see what the rain situation was. …Still raining. I did take a few shots between raindrops though.

I got my first look at the AquaDuck!

And the cute Mickey Slide

We then headed back to the room where we met Mom. Another one of my bags had been delivered. Mom said she had seen us in the Atrium and had hollered, but we never heard her.

The Muster drill had been delayed to 4:30. Mom said she had heard someone knock and run away while we were gone. So we took a look at our Fish Extender, and sure enough we had a treat! Claire was very excited. We decided to make our deliveries then as well.
    We took our bag and list an went on our way while Mom stayed in the room.
    One thing to remember while doing this…bring a pen! I didn’t and then I couldn’t mark off who we had delivered to and it made it a bit confusing. Another note, don’t use cheap dollar store bags to fill. Mine were ripping apart as I pulled each one out.
    I was amazed at how long the hallways were. We just kept walking and walking and walking, and you would think you were at the end, then it would do a little jog over and it would be just as long again. This ship was HUGE!
    We made all the deliveries. One room did not have their FE out yet, and I set the bag on the floor next to the room. I hope they did get it.
    This is some of the stuff I put in the bag. I added a few more small things after I had taken this picture.

We headed back to the room and decided to head down to Evolutions for the Muster Drill. As we opened the door there was someone standing there. It was lilliansmommy, Kelly and her DD Lilly, passing out their FE gifts. We said a quick hi and she even remembered that Mom was taking Skip’s place. She was really nice and Lilly was a doll. And she had on one of the same dresses I had brought along on the trip for Claire too.

After our little meet, we all headed down to Evolutions. This was the one and only time I ever went in there, but it looked like a neat place.
    We found a seat and waited. We had to listen to instructions and what to do in an emergency, etc. They had to check off everyone’s name. We then found out that they were still waiting for more people to board the ship yet. Because of the storms many planes were delayed and so they were holding off on sailing till they got there. I assume because they had Disney transportation is why we waited. We also found out that the wind had been so strong at one point during the day that many passengers had to board on deck 1 (right off the dock) because it was not safe to go in the gateway. I actually heard a few people grumble about it here and there, so I guess it was not a very magical experience.
    Again, there was a lot of sitting and I had to fight to stay awake a few times. Once they got the drill going I was back awake again. And they played the emergency tone of the horn, and that would wake anyone up!
    Once we finished up there we were free to go. The Sail Away party was now scheduled for 5 in the Atrium. We decided to head that way and get a spot.

Post Thanks / Like

We entered the Atrium on the 3rd level and decided to just stand against the railing there. Claire kind of complained that she wouldn’t be able to see the stage, but I had a feeling that many of the characters were going to be on the 2nd level, and I was right!

Of course while you wait for the show to start, you take some random shots!

This carpet was on the 2nd tier balcony. This is where I figured part of the show would be as they had it roped off.

And trying for some artsy shot of the chandelier, but again, I am slightly crooked.

More details around the stairs and balconies.

I spotted Kelly and Lily in the crowd on the main floor and took a couple of shots of them as well. I won’t post those here though.

Soon the show started. I did take some video of it as well…and we all know that that card is sadly lost in Wonderland somewhere.

A CM had gone around and handed out shaker sticks with little Pom Poms on the end. We got blue.

Daisy was right below us!

The party was fun, though I suspect it was either altered and/or shortened.
    They had a countdown during the song and then the ships horn plays. I believe it played “A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes”. It was so exciting to hear the horn.
    We had a good time.
    We then made our way back to our room to get changed. One tip I give you. The elevators are always jammed packed after any kind of party. So if you are going down, take the stairs! That’s what we did anytime we had to go down a couple decks…..going up is a little harder on the body though.

Post Thanks / Like

Back at the room we got dressed in our nicer clothes to get ready to go to the early show. Claire was wearing her Rapunzel dress. We also brought along a hair piece to wear with a long braid. I put it on Claire’s head and pinned it on…..ow.ow.ow! She said it hurt too much. Now when we bought this, I had asked over and over, “are you sure it doesn’t hurt? You are going to wear it right?” And she said it felt fine and yes she would wear it. Well she didn’t. I wasn’t going to have her complain about pain all evening so I just put it back in the bag….BUT she WILL be Rapunzel for Halloween and she WILL wear that braid thing! LOL!

I called Skip one last time. We still hadn’t set sail, (still waiting for 1 more bus) but I knew we would be soon. We said our goodbyes and then I pulled the camera out and took a few more shots from the verandah.

I bet this would be pretty on a sunny day.

Now the memory is a little fuzzy and I didn’t write this down. I must’ve left the room for some reason. I have several pictures and I remember taking them and being by myself when doing so. So I must’ve just gone for a quick walk, or went to get something that I now can’t remember. The order of the pictures make no since as to why I did this at this time, but I guess I did for some good reason! LOL!

AH HA!!!!! It just hit me! I hadn’t received tickets for our shore excursion for the next day in our room. So I ran down to Guest Services to see if I needed them and they reprinted them for me and said they should’ve been in my room and the originals probably would show up by the end of the night. They never did show up though.

This is behind the Guest Services desk.

Some random shots around the Atrium.

I noticed a photographer setting up and asked what time they would start taking pictures. I believe she told me 7 or 7:30. I can’t seem to remember now for sure.

I must’ve then taken an elevator up.

The adult pool. As you can see, it is still very wet out.

And then back to the room.

Mom had me give Dad a call to see how he was doing. He had left Kennedy Space Center and was lost. He said he had asked for directions several times and couldn’t find his way. It was raining hard and he was too upset to talk, he would call back later. I told him that we would be sailing soon and most likely he wouldn’t be able to get a hold of us later. He did say that there was a tornado watch or warning while he was at the Space Center and they had to put everyone is a protective building. He wasn’t happy about that either. I let him go after a few minutes as he was just very worried about where he was. I told him to call his sister and see if she could help or pull off the road till the hard rain stopped.

Just then we started to sail away. NOTHING special about it at all!!! No announcements, no horn, No CM’s with Mickey hands waving to us…NOTHING… just pulling away from the port. I was kind of bummed about it. I also had wanted to watch us pull out all the way to the ocean, but I couldn’t do that either. The 6:15 show would be starting soon. I think we started sailing about 6ish.
    So the best I could do was take a couple of pictures.

Claire enjoying a sucker from one of the gifts in the Fish Extender.

Bye bye Port!

And then we left the room and headed to the Walt Disney Theatre.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I certainly hope your dad is okay. It must be a bit worrisome to receive a call like that just as you're about to set sail!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Well, I certainly hope your dad is okay. It must be a bit worrisome to receive a call like that just as you're about to set sail!
    He did end up making it, but was very frazzled.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn’t pay attention to the map that well when I looked to see where the theatre was. It said decks 3 and 4, so we went in on deck 4…which I found out was the Balcony. So we missed all the “Hollywood” fun that happens at the main entrance. But Claire liked the balcony and we ended up sitting there for each show. You do have to be careful where you sit though. There are several big round poles that can block your view in a few of the seats.
    The seats were comfy and roomy though.

The Theatre was very pretty.

Soon our cruise director came out to start the show. I believe his name was Ray…or Roy…I think Ray. But I had seen Rachel…a girl…in all other TR’s I had read thus far about the Dream, so I don’t know if they trade off or if he is now the Cruise director for the Dream….or how that works. I did like him though. He was fun, and had lots of spirit.

The show then started and I took A LOT of pictures…and I was happy to see that they actually turned out well.

Snow White was behind a screen here.

Snow White and Doopy then brought out kids dressed as Dwarves, It was very cute.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: