Quantcast Random Acts Of Kindness in the Parks

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Random Acts Of Kindness in the Parks

I was reading another post about buying people snacks with leftover DDP credits and I was wondering what random acts of kindness anyone has done or witnessed (not from CMs but from other guests) to help make someone else's trip more magical.
    I will start it off. Each year my kids always buy the Mickey balloons on Main St. On our last day, as we are leaving down Main St., we always find another family on the way in and we have our kids give their balloons to the the kids coming in. It always puts a smile on everyone's face.

Post Thanks / Like

Aww, that's very sweet! What a great idea!

I often end up with FP that I know I won't use. Then, I hand them to people coming up to the Standby line.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

A group of us went on Tom Sawyers Island and we found 3 of the paint brushes. By the time we were getting ready to leave, I knew all of them had been found. So, I went up to a little boy who was still looking and asked him to "hold this" and I gave him the paint brush and just walked away. At first he was confused, but then he had a great big smile and started yelling "I found one".
    BKJ

Wilderness Lodge May '13
    FW Campsite Jan '13
    FW Cabins May '11
    FW Campsite Dec '10
    Offsite Nov '10
    FW Cabins May '10
    FW Cabins Dec '09
    FW Cabins May '09
    FW Campsite Dec '08
    FW Cabins May '07
    Swan Dec '06
    FW Cabins May '06
    Offsite June '99
    FW Campsite Aug '79
    Contemporary '76

Post Thanks / Like

We've used left over CS credits to buy a family lunch years ago. We always give away any unused fast passes to a family coming in on our way out of the parks.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We have been given fast passes before. We usually give away our fast passes to someone if we aren't going to use them.

Twice on the last day of our trip, we had extra counter service credits left over and paid for a random family's meal. Definitely made them h appy!
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

We've received a number of Fastpasses, but have never had any to give away.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
    A group of us went on Tom Sawyers Island and we found 3 of the paint brushes. By the time we were getting ready to leave, I knew all of them had been found. So, I went up to a little boy who was still looking and asked him to "hold this" and I gave him the paint brush and just walked away. At first he was confused, but then he had a great big smile and started yelling "I found one".
    Oh my. I'm so touched but this gesture. This has brought a tear to my eye. That was so nice! As well as all the other kindness showed by other posters. Intercot people rock!

I usually give away fastpasses to folks in the stand-by line and leftover water/snacks to hotel room neighbors.

Post Thanks / Like

One time at Test Track, I waited in the stand-by line with my brother, his gf and my bf (it was a very long wait. When it was our turn to get in the car I noticed a father and daughter in the single rider line & they were the ones that were going to be riding with us. The daughter looked a little nervous so I told my bf to ride with my brother and his gf so that they could ride together and I would ride with them. They said thank you and that was enough for me. But then as I was walking out of the test track shop the little girl ran up to me with five fast passes for test track.
    Kelly

Next Trip Feb 2022 SOG

Post Thanks / Like

I buy those multi-packs of glow bracelets and keep them in my backpack while I'm enjoying the parks

If I see a kid that's a little grouchy, I'll give them a glow bracelet - it usually puts a smile on their face, and a big sigh of relief on the parents' face too.
    Disney is life......the rest is just details!

Post Thanks / Like

We always give away any fast passes that we don't use before leaving the park for the day.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Last time we went to DTD I got a few of the grab bags for my son. He ended up with a few item that were girlie. I knew he was mad about it but he said it was ok. While we went about our shopping, he saw this little girl who just tripped over her own feet (you know the kind who over tired and grumpy). She starting crying and her mom just could not get to stop. He went over to her and gave her the girlie items. The mom so happy that he was able to get her to stop crying. He made me so proud!!

Post Thanks / Like

I gifted the snacks... but as far as receiving anything, nothing yet.

But giving things out and seeing the reaction is just as rewarding as receiving.

Last year my fiancee and I dined at Tony's before our first MNSSHP... we both got the kids punch because it sounded good. We got a glowing buz lightyear and a glowing tinkerbell.

We decided we would find the cutiest kids dressed up like them and give them to them.... the look on the kids faces were priceless
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

Someone gave us a huge bag of leftover supplies at the resort once. It had waters, juice, drink boxes, cups, plates, napkins, etc.. So now we try to do the same and it really makes peoples vacation giving away something that many people would just throw away.

Also as others have stated we give away fast passes if we know we can't use them.
    82 84 85 Apr00 MGV, Jan03 LTV, Sep03 ASMu, Mar04 SVR, Sept04 Pop, Sep05 SSR, Dec06 SSR, Oct07 WLV, Oct09 THV, Oct10 AKL, Oct11 AKL, Oct12 THV, Feb13 CBR, Sept13 BLT/BWV, Apr14 BLT/VB , Jun14 BCV, July14 AKL, Jan15 SSR/DCL, June15 BCV/OKW/VB, Nov15 DCL/Poly, Apr16 GF

Post Thanks / Like

We give out candy canes to the cast members, when we go at Holiday time.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm another one who tries to take photos for other people. It's hard to be the family photographer...you never get in any of the pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Great thread! So many fun ways to spread Pixie Dust!

I was a Cast Member for about a year in 1998. My husband (then my fiancee) had an annual pass, as did the rest of my family. I never had the need to use my Maingate Pass for my friends or family. (If you're not familiar with a Maingate Pass, it's a pass given to CMs that allow you to bring up to three people into the park with you up to 12 times a year).

When we would arrive at a park, we would wait in front of the ticket windows for a family of three. I would introduce myself (and of course show them my CM ID card) and offer to bring them in with us using my Maingate Pass. We did this on several occasions, and I was always happy to spread a little magic.

I love reading about the wonderful things guests do for each other while in The World!

Ginny Lynne
    "It is hard to be brave when you're only a very small animal."

"Enchanted? Who said anything about the castle being enchanted?"

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter and I got fastpasses given to us by some guy. He got in on early entry day and got passes so when we he gave them to us they were already to use 30 min into park opening. Last time down we brought a bunch of glow sticks and passed them out. Most people took them with pleasure but of course a few looked at me like I had three heads and said no thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

About 4 years ago we were leaving to go home and were talking to a family who'd just arrived with their little one for his first trip. I asked them if they had brought a little flash light for the dark rides and they said no. So I have them the little key chain one that I had. They were so appreciative.

And last August we had driven down so we were able to go off property to buy supplies. We ended up with a LOT of left over water and sodas so I walked around the floor of our resort until I found someone with an open door and offered it to them.

And of course my sisters and I always offer to take pictures for people. Such a simple thing but it makes people so happy.
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Default That's just awesome, says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella7299 View Post
    Great thread! So many fun ways to spread Pixie Dust!

I was a Cast Member for about a year in 1998. My husband (then my fiancee) had an annual pass, as did the rest of my family. I never had the need to use my Maingate Pass for my friends or family. (If you're not familiar with a Maingate Pass, it's a pass given to CMs that allow you to bring up to three people into the park with you up to 12 times a year).

When we would arrive at a park, we would wait in front of the ticket windows for a family of three. I would introduce myself (and of course show them my CM ID card) and offer to bring them in with us using my Maingate Pass. We did this on several occasions, and I was always happy to spread a little magic.

I love reading about the wonderful things guests do for each other while in The World!

Ginny Lynne
    That's just awesome, is all I can say.

Post Thanks / Like

There are several ways we "share the magc". Giving unused FP to other families, or giving a child a better viewing spot at the parades. We even had a couple who were flying out the day we arrived at our resort (when our DD was young) who gave us an umbrella stroller that they did not want to take on the plane with them, under the condition we also pass it on when we left. As we were flying also, it worked out perfectly. On the day we were leaving, we saw a couple w/a young child checking in at our resort and offered them the "magic stroller". They were, to say the least, VERY glad that they would not have to rent a stroller daily! I would like to think that that stroller was passed along until it just...fell apart!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL