Quantcast Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

Trying to decide on this one. We've never done the halloween party and will be there SEP 18-29. We'll have three 'tweens' with us ( I guess that's what they're called now - they'll be 13,12,11 during our visit).
    We're not 'big' into the character 'meet and greets' but we really like the parades and fireworks. So I guess the big question is- is it worth $300 for the five of us to go? I realize it's a 'hard ticket' event which decreases the # inside the parks, but how much difference will there really be at this time of year?
    Thanks for all the help!
    Paradise Pier-2003
    Disneyland Hotel-2004
    Disneyland Hotel-2005
    PORS-2008
    Shades of Green - May 2015

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's an easy choice for us but we only need to buy two tickets - I might have to think a bit harder if I had to buy 5!!!

We really enjoy the party. We love being able to trick or treat at all the stations. There are some nice "special effects" around. We're seen a "ghost" wandering through the decks of the River Boat. We've seen fog around the Haunted Mansion as well as special photopass shots by the hearse there.

It's great fun to dress up. The parade is fabulous! And the fireworks are wonderful as well!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

I'm probably in the minority here, but I would not go. We went two years ago and were very disappointed. We read so many good things about it. We were really excited to go, but in the end, felt it was a waste of money. We are a family of 6 so it was expensive to go. The parade and fireworks were good, but the trick or treating was very disappointing.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to see the fireworks, try to get a reservation at Narcose's or the CA Grill on a party night.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Save your money. The party is just not worth the price of admission. We went last year and the crowds were larger during the party than during the day. 30 minute waits for rides were not uncommon at all.

We used to do this every year, but the larger crowds coupled with the extremely high price just aren't worth it anymore.

If you want to see fireworks, go to the poly and watch them from the pool area.
    '91 Grand Floridian
    '01 Caribbean Beach
    '02 Grand Floridian
    '03 Coronado Springs
    '04 Dolphin / Grand Floridan
    '07 Caribbean Beach
    '07 Disneyland
    '09 Caribbean Beach
    '10 Caribbean Beach
    '11 Pop Century
    '12 Wilderness Lodge (January/February)
    '13 Off Site Rental Home
    '14 Off Site Condo

Post Thanks / Like

The first time we took DS (5 at the time 10 now), he loved the party and so did we. The headless horseman at the beginning of the parade is one of my favorite part. Also when my son went to ride barnstormer during the party there was no line and he was allowed to stay on. He probably went around 5 times before he needed to get off. We are all excited to do it again this year, my only thing is I didn't know until I bought the tickets that my 10yr old is now considered an adult by Disney.
    2011 Oct 29- Nov 5 MNSSHP
    2010 Nov 5-13 POFQ MVMCP
    2008 Nov 8-15 POFQ MVMCP
    2006 POFQ
    2000 Poly Honeymoon
    1987 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We've done it about 5 or 6 times and really liked it. The early in the time frame that the party is, the less crowded. The parties closer to Oct 31 get very crowded and sell out. When we've been there we have literally walked right onto many of the rides with no lines at all. Especially as the night gets later the crowds thin out even more. I think it's worth it but we only need two tickets. If you do decide to go, you know you can get in earlier with the ticket, or at least you could in the past. And don't plan to eat during the party, I think that's a waste of time. We've always found the trick or treating to be good and have left with big bags of candy. At the end of the party, they stood outside the turnstiles giving out large handfuls of candy too.

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: