Quantcast iphone battery...charging in parks?? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

The battery pack arrived today. It's about the size of the average Blackberry phone with a similar weight to the iPhone. It came with a charging cable / AC adapter and 5 adapters (1 iPhone / iPod, 1 iPad, and 3 others) that plug into that charging cable so you can use that to charge your device. However, none of those fit my sister's Blackberry which is about 1 yr old. One does fit my old LG phone and my daughter's new Kodak camera. Another fits my older Canon camera. The good news is that you don't actually need those adapters for anything - they are strictly for using the charging cable / AC adapter. Once it's charged, to use the battery pack you only need your device's own USB cable. It will plug into an outlet on the top of the battery pack then into your device. There is power capacity indicator on the battery pack as well as an on/off button to help prevent accidental discharge. I'm charging the pack now. I'm going to purposely run the battery down on my iPhone tonight so I can see what this battery pack can do. I'll update again later!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Last night I ran the battery down to 19% then plugged into the battery pack. It recharged the phone to 100% and still shows full capacity on the pack. I think I'm in love!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Can you post more details as to the model you purchased?
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, sorry! It's the Superb Choice High-Capacity Battery Pack and Charger, 5000mAh. Sells for $34.99 plus taxes and shipping and whatever. It's black with blue trim. There are other similar items but this was the cheapest when I was shopping.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:

Post Thanks / Like

Second charge from 50% to 100% took the pack to 3/4 capacity. So far so good!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:

Post Thanks / Like

OH ... i am so gonna get this ... anyone else try that re-charger thing? Melanie did you get it?
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely something I am going to purchase before my trip in August Might get it sooner ok so I might actually have Amazon open now!
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    On a typical day at the parks, I go through the regular battery and an external battery as well. But I'm tweeting...a lot, and that really drains a battery there.

Believe me, I've looked all over for places to 'recharge'. There is a spot in Frontierland by the SM bathrooms, and the Electric Umbrella has one pillar with some outlets, but you'd have to luck out and get that particular table.
    I love reading the intercot tweets! Thanks for keeping the magic alive for me when i cant be at Disney!
    Next Visit: Fall 2013

Now approaching the Carousel of Progress

We have 999 happy haunts here, but there's room for a thousand. Any volunteers?? If you should decide to join us, final arrangements, may be made at the end of the tour.

Post Thanks / Like

That battery pack sounds great! Going to look into it.

Post Thanks / Like

I really do love this battery! We went to The Pittsburgh Power (arena football) game tonight and I listened to the entire Pittsburgh Pirate game, took tons of pics, and posted frequently to Facebook, then listened to the end of the Yankee game. Normally the phone wouldn't make it but no problems with the battery pack! We also went to the Pirate game last night and I used the pack there as well. I'm recharging it for the first time even though it still had about 1/4 capacity left. I'm so glad I saw this thread and it prompted me to do a bit of research!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: