Quantcast Brief HHN News from HHN Rumors.... - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mfarquar View Post
    However, (not to be a broken record or bossy - I promise, last time I will say it) I STRONGLY recommend that you do not leave the park. The lines outside the park get quite long, especially since everyone must go through metal detectors. You'll then be dealing with the lines for the first few houses (sometimes they stagger house opening times, so even if you work the houses counter-clockwise, you still may have to wait 20 minutes for the first on the opposite side of the park to open).

However, if you're also getting Express Passes, this will not be so much of a problem. In my experience, this event is exponentially more crowded then MNSSHP because there are less nights that this event is open (it starts later in the season) and is a huge hit with locals and die hard fans. The crowd levels will depend on the night you're going, but even on opening night (one of the less crowded evenings), we have seen at least one or two houses at any given time with over an hour wait. Having a jump on the crowd has really helped us in the past and helped us avoid any major long lines so that we can see almost everything.
    I have to jump on the band wagon here: "Do not leave the park...I repeat Do not leave the park" lol.

Have you ever been to the MK on a MNSSHP night when you are leaving the park and see the massive amounts of people waiting in line to get in? Well that's nothing compared to the Universal party. As already stated this very big with the locals. Crowds are massive.

I have to tell a story: It was the 2nd year that they were doing the party and we saw it advertised on TV while we were on a Disney vacation. We decided to go on a Thursday night and left our Disney hotel 2 hours before the event started (it only takes a half an hour at most with heavy traffic to get there). We got to Universal with no problem, but once we turned off the main highway we were in gridlock for over an hour! We were basically in "on property" traffic for over an hour! The worst part is that they were sold out for the night. There were signs everywhere stating this but there was no way to get out of line or turn around. We were waiting in a line to get off the property. The next year we learned our lesson and bought tickets ahead of time. We had an early dinner at the Hark Rock Cafe and got back in line an hour before the event. Since we were already parked we were the third family in our line. This was before they allowed you to stay in the park or had any of the fancy combo tickets.

If you really want to eat at City Walk I suggest maybe having a late lunch (maybe around 2:00) at City Walk and be back in the park by 3:00 so you can avoid the big lines. You can always grab something to eat in the park latter that night.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I gotta agree with everyone else. We went a few years back on Halloween night, got in line about an hour before the park was supposed to open, the line wasn't so bad. About a half hour later the line (which by then were multiple lines and each double back) backed up past the Nascar Cafe and they opened the park earlier than normal because of it.

The park itself didn't feel like it was crowded at all, it didn't actually seem to get bad until around midnight when we waited about 45 minutes or so for a house. The rest were only like 5 or 10 minutes tops...
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Agree!

The wait times can really vary. I have also heard that the week before Halloween can sometimes be very crowded because the Orlando high schools have some sort of vacation (or teacher convention). Certain dates have been known as H-E-double hockey sticks nights (or the full week).

Saturday nights are usually the worst, followed by Fridays. While I have never gone on actual Halloween, I have heard it usually depends partially on the day of the week Halloween falls on.

NJGirl - Crazy story! Sounds like Harry Potter opening (ok, not really, but close!)! You guys must have been so disappointed I think waiting in that line and not being able to turn around would have driven me crazy!! I like your idea about a late lunch at City Walk! Sometimes a late lunch is great - it gives you an excuse to take a break from sensory overload to get a snack during the event !
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mfarquar View Post
    Saturday nights are usually the worst, followed by Fridays. While I have never gone on actual Halloween, I have heard it usually depends partially on the day of the week Halloween falls on.
    It's weird because in 2008 when I went it on Halloween it was on a Friday. We expected hour long plus waits and not being able to do anything after the first hour or two. It was very relaxed and not many people in the park. It must just have meant that they decided to not sell as many tickets, because it was sold out for at least a month before Halloween...
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

I just spoke to a customer service rep for Universal... I verified that the Stay and Scream upgrade does NOT stop you from leaving the park, dining at CityWalk, then re-entering... The rep said you do not have to stay in the park if you upgrade your ticket...

I am still going to try to get a 3:00 lunch sitting on CityWalk, probably Margaritaville... I am also thinking of getting the Express Pass for HHN... DO you all recommend the express pass??? Is it worth the extra $40???
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm... If you don't mind me asking, what date you plan on attending the event? I think the date may really dictate whether or not an Express Pass is worth it.

We bought our first Express Passes last year. I gave them to my husband as part of his bday present, which was really one of the main motivating factors - we've usually been really good at using Stay and Scream benefits and having an attack plan.

We didn't get it our first night (opening Friday) and decided to get it for the first Saturday night. The first night we were able to hit up every house as well as all the Scare Zones, but kinda pushed ourselves. The next night we used the Express Pass to hit up all the houses again, and it was definitely a less tiring experience. We were also able to hit up a The Mummy and Men and Black that night and the Bill and Ted Show.

I'm not sure if we'll do it again next year, but it was nice knowing it would be easier to see everything if it was really crowded. It definitely wasn't necessary for our nights, but it made everything easier.

If you're only going one night, it might be nice insurance. My opinion is that it really depends on the night you plan to visit...
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

We are only going 1 night... October 6th...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Thursday and three weeks before Halloween shouldn't be too bad at all. As long as you are there at opening, you should have plenty of time to do everything and then some...
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with WDWFanatic742. You picked a good night to go. Nice and early in the season and on a Thursday night.

Especially if you stay in the park, you should be able to get through everything quite nicely. I personally wouldn't do the Express Pass unless I had some money to burn and just wanted the extra convenience of not waiting for anything (although there can be 10 minute lines sometimes for Express Pass depending on how long the regular line is).

You'll probably also see online what houses become really popular after the first few nights. There are always fan favorites. Those would be good to hit up earlier on to avoid lines.

So long story short, in my experience I don't think an Express Pass would be necessary. You should be able to do everything and still have time for Scare Zones and a few rides or a show.

Post Thanks / Like

The plan right now is to try to get into Margaritaville around 3ish... that way we can get done early, head back into the park and start the night off early...

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you have a very good plan, sir!

If you like to be scared silly, you're in for a treat!

Post Thanks / Like

Bring on the scary... We decided to do real Halloween, not some kiddie Halloween show that never changes and only gets worse year after year..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    The plan right now is to try to get into Margaritaville around 3ish... that way we can get done early, head back into the park and start the night off early...
    Great plan, but make sure you have reservations. That place gets packed. We had reservations for 5:00 last year and still had to wait about 30 mins. At 3:00 you shouldn't have that kind of problem but I would make them anyway since you have a time frame you want to be out of there. BTW I thought the food there was very good.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

OK, update: I booked Margaritaville on OpenTables.com... Then called and verified my reservation... and it worked.. I booked for 4:00 in the afternoon on the night we plan to do HHN... I also booked Mythos on this site...

Post Thanks / Like

Cool! I didn't realize that Open Table booked these restaurants! Great to know - I use it all the time at home and I actually have enough points for a $40 gift certificate! I might have to save it for our Sept. trip... Thanks for sharing!

Just keep in mind - the gates to the park normally close sharply at 5pm to prepare for HHN. You might have to really boogie if you plan to get into the holding area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    OK, update: I booked Margaritaville on OpenTables.com... Then called and verified my reservation... and it worked.. I booked for 4:00 in the afternoon on the night we plan to do HHN...
    I hope you will be OK, but I don't think you will make it back in time. We had a reservation last Oct at 5:00 and had to wait 30 mins to be seated. Even if you are seated right away, by the time you order and eat you still have to get back to the gate and make it in before 5:00. I think your time frame may be too tight.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I went back to OpenTables.com and modified my reservation for 3:00 instead of 4:00... Think 3:00 is better???

OpenTables seems like an awesome service... My friend actually told me this is the service Universal consierge uses when booking dining for their guests...

Post Thanks / Like

IMO 3:00 is much better. Probably not alot of people eating then (I think at 4:00 people may have early dinners). You should have enough time to get back into the park before closing.

I've never heard of this service. I have to look into it because if you call Universal directly they will not take a reservation until 30 days prior.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Agree! Great call moving to 3pm!

I LOVE Open Table. The convenience and rewards are great. I have a great ap on my Droid phone that allows you to book reservations anywhere. I love using it for Boston's restaurant weeks (and any weekend out) and also when I visit "home" in NJ and NYC. I highly recommend it - the reward certificates are great too!

I have also found that the majority of restaurants they handle reservations for are a bit pricier, they are definitely of good quality. It's a fun site to check out when you're feeling adventurous as well.

Thanks again to DisneyFreak2002 for sharing that some of the Universal restaurants are included!

Post Thanks / Like

I just booked Finnegan's for the two nights we'll be there for HHN opening weekend!

We've never had a problem just walking in, but at least we'll get 200 points. Plus, we'll be able to use our $40 in reward gift certificates there

Thanks so much!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: