Quantcast WDW Mom's Panel Accepting Applications Sept 12-16 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I am considering applying.
    Here is a link.

http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.co...ming-soon.aspx
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for posting the direct link!
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Just throwing this out there, but it seems to me having a Disney type blog helps.

ETA: Let me clarify that it seems as if it doesn't hurt if you are 'known' in the Disney social media world.

I could be totally off on that though.
    Hmmm...I think there are only a couple of panelists who had a blog prior to becoming a panelist. There could be more but those are the two I know of. I do know that most who blog now started after they were selected so they had a way to document their experiences. (Yes, I even started a blog...key word started and not maintained! But at least I was able to document my training trip.)

As far as being known in the social media world, I'm not sure about this either. We had to convince many of the moms and dads to join twitter and facebook after they joined the panel as a means to keep in touch.

At the same time, I don't think having a blog, twitter, etc. hurts in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by disney obsessed View Post
    Well I just read over the rules and it appears that I am not eligable because of the trip requirements! The last trip I took was in Aug of 10. And I am going at the end of the month. But they require my last trip to be within the last 12 months. My application falls in the middle of the "ineligable" time frame.

Can someone Please clarify this? I think I am reading it correctly.
    Again, we have no inside knowledge but if I were you I would apply and if you get to the point of being selected, this is something you can discuss prior to signing your contract. You're only off by a month and by the time round 2 comes, you will have your trip completed. At minimum, you would get the experience of the application process.

BTW, when are you going at the end of the month? Many of the moms/dads will be there the last weekend for a reunion. So excited!
    Proud mom to Monorail_Red and goofhook and DD Jenn!
    Proud member of the magical Disney Parks Moms Panel family.

I am not a Disney employee. The postings here are my own and do not represent the positions or opinions of the Disney Company.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you really think its worth a try? It is an experience i would love.

I will be there from Oct 2-4. I quess it is really next month.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you actually EMPLOYED by Disney when you are on the panel?
    I have the original WDW logo tattooed on my wrist - it is my pride and joy and a great way to show my Disney love- but I am not sure if I should mention it, or cover it up.
    If they want to cater to my generation, I think accepting people with all different personalities/styles/looks is smart, but I don't write the rules, and know how strict they are about tattoos with cast members.
    What do you think - mention my permanent 'branding' or not?
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Are the questions only available once the application system is officially open? I assume that they do not let you see them ahead of time so that everyone has the same time to prepare an answer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McLiberal8 View Post
    Are you actually EMPLOYED by Disney when you are on the panel?
    I have the original WDW logo tattooed on my wrist - it is my pride and joy and a great way to show my Disney love- but I am not sure if I should mention it, or cover it up.
    If they want to cater to my generation, I think accepting people with all different personalities/styles/looks is smart, but I don't write the rules, and know how strict they are about tattoos with cast members.
    What do you think - mention my permanent 'branding' or not?
    No, we are not employed by Disney. We are actually considered independent contractors. And, I have to say I've never been asked for advise about a tatoo! LOL I do think we have a tatoo or two on the panel but I'm can't offer you advise on whether to mention it or not. I would say follow your gut instinct.

Quote Originally Posted by disney obsessed View Post
    Are the questions only available once the application system is officially open? I assume that they do not let you see them ahead of time so that everyone has the same time to prepare an answer.
    Correct - the criteria for each round will be announced at the time each round opens for applications.

I am not a Disney employee. The postings here are my own and do not represent the positions or opinions of the Disney Company.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LottaLubes View Post
    Hmmm...I think there are only a couple of panelists who had a blog prior to becoming a panelist. There could be more but those are the two I know of. I do know that most who blog now started after they were selected so they had a way to document their experiences. (Yes, I even started a blog...key word started and not maintained! But at least I was able to document my training trip.)

As far as being known in the social media world, I'm not sure about this either. We had to convince many of the moms and dads to join twitter and facebook after they joined the panel as a means to keep in touch.

At the same time, I don't think having a blog, twitter, etc. hurts in any way.
    Thank you, thank you for setting that straight Diane. I think I may be thinking of a few individuals in particular, which is probably who you are referring to.

Just curious, is there military representation on the panel?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Just curious, is there military representation on the panel?
    Melanie - this is a great question and I am not aware of anyone with military background (although I could be mistaken).

TWO more days...good luck to all!

Post Thanks / Like

One of the application questions is "I love the below resort at either Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resort because (finish the question in 100 words or less)".
    Is this for my favorite hotel?
    Sorry, it's early in the morning, and I want to make sure I am interpreting correctly.
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:

Post Thanks / Like

One of the application questions is "I love the below resort at either Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resort because (finish the question in 100 words or less)".
    Is this for my favorite hotel?
    Sorry, it's early in the morning, and I want to make sure I am interpreting correctly.
    That is how I interpreted it too.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Filled out the application, but now the site won't take it!! Hope the problem gets cleared up soon! I leave early tomorrow morning for WDW and won't be back before the window for applications closes!

EDIT: I think it may have had something to do with FireFox as my browser.....Tried on IE and everything worked fine!

Third time's the charm?!?!?!?
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    Filled out the application, but now the site won't take it!! Hope the problem gets cleared up soon! I leave early tomorrow morning for WDW and won't be back before the window for applications closes!
    I would guess the site is currently overwhelmed with applications - keep trying!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Kind of frustrated with the opportunity of only 2 questions - one about my favorite resort, and one about my resources. I couldn't hardly talk myself up, at all! :P
    How did everyone else interpret this question?:
    Do you engage in activities that would pose a conflict of interest with or would benefit from your participation on the Walt Disney World Moms Panel or damaging to the Disney family friendly brand? If yes, please explain below.
    They are looking for a 'no' on this, correct? the 'would benefit from your participation on the Walt Disney World Moms Panel' part throws me off, as my Disney love would definitely benefit from being on the panel!
    AKA Courtney

Most Recent Trips:

Post Thanks / Like

Kind of frustrated with the opportunity of only 2 questions - one about my favorite resort, and one about my resources. I couldn't hardly talk myself up, at all! :P
    Do you engage in activities that would pose a conflict of interest with or would benefit from your participation on the Walt Disney World Moms Panel or damaging to the Disney family friendly brand? If yes, please explain below.
    They are looking for a 'no' on this, correct? the 'would benefit from your participation on the Walt Disney World Moms Panel' part throws me off, as my Disney love would definitely benefit from being on the panel!
    I said YES to the 'benefit from your participation' and no to the rest....

It was kind of a trick question, in my opinion. They wanted you to have to put something down to explain for them....
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't necessarily consider a yes to be a bad thing, just depends on your explanation. If I were trying to join the Mom's Panel to benefit myself, like as a way to promote book sales or my own blog, that would definitely be a bad thing for them, I think. But if I wanted to explain that I don't intend to benefit, except for the joy of encouraging people to visit Disney parks, then maybe it would be a good thing. I think a No on that question is equally safe-- they just want to know about potential conflict of interest, is my interpretation. Answering yes, I think, gives them more reason to have to examine if you can go on to the next step or if they will have to pass you up right from the start.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Is everyone getting through? I keep getting error messages and my submissions won't go through. I have tried many times now. Anyone else experiencing this?

Feb 26 - Mar 5, 2019 Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept 13-19, 2015 at CBR
    Jan, 2011 - off site
    Jun 16-21, 2009, ASSports
    Dec. 7-13, 2008, Royal Plaza at DTD
    April 16-20, 2007 ASMusic
    Feb-Mar 2005 Off Site
    Oct. 1986 Ft. Wilderness 10th Anniv
    Oct. 1976 Honeymoon Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

I had no problem submitting but I am convinced that since my trip was three weeks over the one year mark they will automatically drop me. I felt I gave really good answers too.

They have to be able to elimate people some how. But I can dream!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Good luck to all!!

Hey, howdy, HEY!!

Just stopping by to throw some extra pixie dust to my Icot family! GOOD luck to all!!

I'm so excited to see who joins our family!

25 magical trips and counting...
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    1986 Tampa
    Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    December 2013 Contemporary
    Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Dec 2013 Boardwalk
    PROUD member of the Disney ParksMoms Panel!

*these postings are my own and do not reflect Disney's postions/opinions*

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, howdy, HEY!!

Just stopping by to throw some extra pixie dust and my Icot family! GOOD luck to all!!

I'm so excited to see who joins our family!
    Thank so much! I just submitted mine, I will be waiting with bated breath until I (hopefully) get an e-mail!
    AKA Courtney

Most Recent Trips:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: