Quantcast WDW Mom's Panel Accepting Applications Sept 12-16

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Mom's Panel Accepting Applications Sept 12-16

FYI for those wanting to apply this year.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Journey into your...Lego® Imagination Center
    If you can dream it...you can build it!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveLegos View Post
    ILoveLegos - how is the Mom's Panel working out? I remember reading your trip report and it sounded incredible.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for asking MizMissy!

The Moms Panel is still great fun! It has been a fabulous ride! I highly recommend it to everyone. I'm hoping that lots of Intercoters get to experience being a part of this unique group someday.

The newest opportunity will open in September. All of us moms & dads (& aunties) are so excited as the Moms Panel is about to enter its 5th year!
    Journey into your...Lego® Imagination Center
    If you can dream it...you can build it!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope to make it someday!!!
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Might just have to give it another try...Have to get in on the first day, though...we travel to WDW on September 13th for 9 days!!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I might have to give it a try! Sounds like a lot of fun
    Cara

1982, 1988, 1989 off site
    1992 CBR & POFQ
    1993 POFQ
    1995 WL
    1996 WL
    1998 Poly
    1999 BWI
    Many day trips while at UF GO GATORS!!!!
    2004 Off site
    2005 Poly
    2006 POFQ
    2007 WL
    Aug 2011 BC

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone link me to what this is about or give me ma brief rundown?

June '97 Offsite

July '99 Contemporary Resort
    Sept. '11 Off-Site: First Family Trip with our kids
    May '12 Pop Century: Trip with my girls
    February '15 AoA plan in the works for the family
    Mom to DDs 9/05 and 5/08 and DSs 3/10 and 1/13

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like a run down too. I'm a single 20 (almost 30) something but I'd be really interested in sharing my Disney knowledge.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, here's the run down...

The moms panel is a group of moms, dads and a grandma selected by Disney to answer questions each week from guests using Disney's intranet portal which is available to us 24/7. We have quotas and in turn we are compensated with Disney perks. New panelists will be invited to a 4 night training session in December to learn the ins and outs and to meet all the new panelists and some of us "seasoned" moms (I joined the panel in 2009). For panelists that serve a full year, they will receive a vacation for a family of 4.

Additionally, some panelists will be asked to attend PR events or star in a video clip. We also participate in other events such as Disney Moms on FB on Wednesday nights this past summer and if you follow Travelocity, we are currently being featured in their daily window seat blog as they count down to Disney's 40th anniversary.

You can find us at disneyworldmoms.com (there is also a link from any page at waltdisneyworld.com).

Anyway, I hope all Intercotees consider applying! It really is a lot of fun and I am very proud and blessed to be associated with such a wonderful group of people that represent the panel. And don't be shy if you are a dad...some of our best moms are dads!

Applications open in just a few days so get ready and good luck!!
    Proud mom to Monorail_Red and goofhook and DD Jenn!
    Proud member of the magical Disney Parks Moms Panel family.

I am not a Disney employee. The postings here are my own and do not represent the positions or opinions of the Disney Company.

Post Thanks / Like

I am 25, and no kids. I have wanted to apply for the Mom's Panel, as I think I would do a great job with all my Disney knowledge. I also think it would be smart to have my age group represented on the panel. I applied the 1st year with no luck - do you think they are only choosing people with kids?
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

No, having children is not a requirement! Keep applying and if it's meant to be it will happen! That is what I like about the panel, the diversity it brings so don't let anything hold you back!

One thing I wanted to mention in case you all didn't know. In addition to general panelists, there are also panelists that specialize in Disney Cruise, Adventures by Disney and Disney Vacation Club. This year the panel will be adding a panelist(s) for runDisney and DisneyLand so think outside of the box when you apply. Be yourself and let them know the unique quality you can bring to the panel.

Good luck!

I am not a Disney employee. The postings here are my own and do not represent the positions or opinions of the Disney Company.

Post Thanks / Like

Be yourself and let them know the unique quality you can bring to the panel.
    I would love to tell them about my dedication to the brand by getting Disney tats, but I think that might be too unique for Disney

Thank you! I also saw they will be accepting essays as well as videos. I am not good @ videos, and some people spend so much time on them - do you think an essay entry would have the same chance as a video?
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McLiberal8 View Post
    Thank you! I also saw they will be accepting essays as well as videos. I am not good @ videos, and some people spend so much time on them - do you think an essay entry would have the same chance as a video?
    First, let me tell you that the panelists have no inside knowledge as to how the application process will run this year. However, if it's like last year, you will not have a choice in the matter! Since the beginning of time, first round has been three essay-type questions. Last year, I believe the requirement for round 2 was a combination of an essay AND a video. I'm not sure what the criteria will be this year but whatever it is, you will need to follow all steps and it's not necessarily an either/or. If you do have to submit a video, just remember, they want to get to know YOU, not your video editing skills!

Post Thanks / Like

Just throwing this out there, but it seems to me having a Disney type blog helps.

ETA: Let me clarify that it seems as if it doesn't hurt if you are 'known' in the Disney social media world.

I could be totally off on that though.
    Last edited by Melanie; 09-08-2011 at 07:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to apply for this, especially since they are FINALLY looking for some Disneyland representation, but the truth of the matter is that I wouldn't be able to attend the "training" days at WDW, as much as I'd want to. I have young kids at home and a husband that can't take off time whenever he feels like it (as well as no family around to watch my kids). It's a bummer, although I doubt I'd be "chosen" anyway.

I sort of don't get why they schedule this so that the "training" falls during the school year, when it's called the Disney MOMS panel. You'd think they'd keep that in mind. Most moms can't just up and leave their families for days at a time...

Why not do this application process in the spring and then have the training happen during a school break period?
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone please post the link as to where we can go directly and fill out the forms on Sept 12th?
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Well I just read over the rules and it appears that I am not eligable because of the trip requirements! The last trip I took was in Aug of 10. And I am going at the end of the month. But they require my last trip to be within the last 12 months. My application falls in the middle of the "ineligable" time frame.

Can someone Please clarify this? I think I am reading it correctly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disney obsessed View Post
    Well I just read over the rules and it appears that I am not eligable because of the trip requirements! The last trip I took was in Aug of 10. And I am going at the end of the month. But they require my last trip to be within the last 12 months. My application falls in the middle of the "ineligable" time frame.

Can someone Please clarify this? I think I am reading it correctly.
    Yeah, that's about right. This is their way of weeding people out right off the bat. Same as the "requirement" to be able to travel during their training period. I can't do that either, so I'm out.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: