Quantcast Fast Passes no longer free? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedDad View Post

2. Total FP's for a day is based on resort level. (Values can get say 5 per person, Moderates 8 per person, and Deluxe 15 per person)
    3. FP needs to be changed to Front of the Line access. In other words, you walk right onto the ride and not have to wait 15 minutes still for Soarin, TSMM, etc.
    Oof, I'm not fond of those ideas at all...only for resort guests and a central location sound good to me but what resort you choose shouldn't have influence on park perks.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I can agree with the central location idea for the fast passes, but I really don't think the other ideas are in the best interest of all the Disney guests. The intent of the fast pass was never to allow certain guests to bump right to the front of all the lines and bypass all the stand-by traffic. It was designed to offer a planning tool you can choose to use or not use at certain points during your day at the parks.

I have stayed at Universal and used their Express Pass system, and I still don't think Disney should use it. If you are a guest of the park, you should have equal access to something like FP. If you decide to stay on Disney property, you can enjoy the other perks that come with that - like transportation, EMHs, free parking, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Just my two cents....

I really think the Disney Fastpass System is fair for EVERYONE who walks through the gates. I don't want to pay more for front of the line service.

Equal playing field. I like that!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brivers222 View Post
    Your neighbor is sadly correct.....

you have to actually pay an insane amount for tickets in order to get the opportunity to get a fast pass...

nothing in life is free
    Too funny!
    Cara

1982, 1988, 1989 off site
    1992 CBR & POFQ
    1993 POFQ
    1995 WL
    1996 WL
    1998 Poly
    1999 BWI
    Many day trips while at UF GO GATORS!!!!
    2004 Off site
    2005 Poly
    2006 POFQ
    2007 WL
    Aug 2011 BC

Post Thanks / Like

having fastpass at one central location would make fastpasses disappear even faster then they do now. having them at the attraction forces people to go to the attraction and get them... this helps disney control the crowds a little bit more... its can be time consuming but it helps with the flow of people

i also do not think fastpass should allow you immediate access to front of the line.. i think its irritating especially on something like rnr or tsm that they let 200 fastpasses through to like 10 standby ( and exageration but sometimes i think the line would flow better with a better fp to sb ratio) . obviously i dont mind waiting in standby because i know that i have fast passes for a ride that the current fp people will have to wait in standby so its fair game ( i.e. no need for the smug looks).... but i think people need to realize it was designed to minimize your wait not eliminate your wait.

the only time i found fastpass to be bad was this past trip we were at animal kingdom and there had to have been about 5 different tour groups with 100+ kids in each group and they allllll got into the fastpass at once on kali river there had to have been literally almost 250-300 people in the fastpass lane in july which meant the regular line was pretty long as well.... and then cast member collecting the fp tickets at the front was getting accosted by these teens and they were yelling at him to speak spanish to them.... luckily he yelled english english english and then said mucho loco! then they almost stampeded him because they wanted to get with their group....god bless the cast member iw ould have lost it
    Swan x 1, Dolphin x 1, Carribbean Beach x 1, BWV x 9, OKW x 5, WLV x 2, BCV x 2, Cruise x 3
    Next Up!: AULANI! July 2012

DVC Member since 97

It all started with a mouse...

Post Thanks / Like

Although they are still free, and I also think she was talking about Universal or possibly Sea World (I know sister park Busch Gardens charges for that sort of thing), I know there have been many discussions on here about that changing. I haven't heard anything firm, but I've heard anything from charging for it outright, making it a benefit only for WDW resort guests, offering "enhanced" fastpasses for Deluxe resort guests (like Universal), and charging extra for "enhanced" fastpasses. These were all rumors mind you, but I've said it before and I'll say it again...
    Universal Charges for this
    Busch Gardens/Sea World Charges for this
    Six Flags Charges for this
    I can't believe disney does not.
    1988- Off site
    1989- Off site
    1990- WDW Hilton & Swan
    1997- Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside)
    2005- Shades of Green
    June 2006- Pop Century
    Jan 2007- Disneyland- Disneyland Hotel
    Jan 2010- Disneyland- Double Tree Orange
    Oct 2010- Disneyland- Off site
    Sept 2011- All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

If my count is right, this was our 10th trip since FP's were introduced. I believe that there have been some tweaks over the year, since, IMHO, the process has been actually improving. Even though the last two trips have been in July, with the large BTG's, we have been able to get fast passes, and once our window starts, usually ride within the "5 to 10" minute timeframe that Disney targets...there have been occasional longer periods, such as when Soaring CM's have to search for lost items from the group ahead of us....
    Note that while the practice is to allow FP's to be used after the time window, the calculations used to determine the numbers and timing on the window appear to be based on equal numbers for each window...so if large numbers of users delay return until after their window, they increase the numbers of FP's used later in the day. My observations is that this particularly true in evening EMH parks...
    So by using FP's early in the window, you are more likely to ride within 5 to 10 minutes...
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

I thought in did see this on one of the recent wdw press releases. If memory serves me correctly it's something they'll add in the years to come.

Personally I am not looking forward to this at all. This is the reason I don't go to universal anymore. It is impossible to get on the adult rides at islands of adventure with their horrific line lengths and resort guest only fast passes.

We already pay a high price for our Disney tickets. If this is implemented as an extra costs for guests I will be extremely disappointed.
    Next WDW Vacation: 1st Disney Cruise w. Land and Sea adventure, Summer 2014

WDW 76x ON PROPERTY since March 1984
    Most Recent Trip: Thanksgiving/Christmas 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I can't see Disney charging for it since it would be something that separates them from their competition, but I do see them implementing a tiered system where those in a DVC or Deluxe resort get a higher priority than a Moderate and then Value. Off-site guests would get the lowest priority.

And if Disney does do that, it would be to give that little extra to those who spend more to stay on a Disney resort. And, in a way, I would see that as a good thing. If you pay more to stay on property, there is nothing wrong with getting a perk like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

The FP system seems to work fine the way it is... IMHO
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RBrooksC View Post
    I can't see Disney charging for it since it would be something that separates them from their competition, but I do see them implementing a tiered system where those in a DVC or Deluxe resort get a higher priority than a Moderate and then Value. Off-site guests would get the lowest priority.

And if Disney does do that, it would be to give that little extra to those who spend more to stay on a Disney resort. And, in a way, I would see that as a good thing. If you pay more to stay on property, there is nothing wrong with getting a perk like that.
    I agree there should be perks, but i don't more lines of folks. Maybe something like you get a fastpass x number of rides, rather than the 1/time approach they have now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    Oof, I'm not fond of those ideas at all...only for resort guests and a central location sound good to me but what resort you choose shouldn't have influence on park perks.
    Agreed. We are a Deluxe or nothing family, and yet I am uncomfortable with tiered FP based on resort level.

I feel like the extra money you spend for a Deluxe gets you a nicer pool, convenient access to the parks, a bigger room and better all-around amenities. Your "status" should not impact your perks at the parks.

They already have front of the line access, it's called the VIP Tour.
    Jen

Next trip: Beach Club Villas; August 2011.

Post Thanks / Like

I like that once a family shells out their money for entrance to the parks, everyone is treated the same. Families that have saved for years to go on a once-in-a-lifetime trip should have the same access to fastpass as those that can visit more often and pay for the deluxe resorts.

I would be OK with folks that stay at deluxe resorts getting a certain number of "free" universal fastpasses that can be used at any rides whenever the deluxe guests choose, and then moderate resort guests getting fewer, and so on.... That would give the families that stay at the better resorts an extra bonus, but it wouldn't affect the ride entrance extraordinarily...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stickey View Post
    WDW has too many resorts to allow it to match Universal's system. However, there should be FP perks for staying at a Disney resort.
    I agree, why not limit to those on property? Of course, we only stay on property...
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Moderators - please delete this thread! Don't give Disney any ideas!
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    I agree there should be perks, but i don't more lines of folks. Maybe something like you get a fastpass x number of rides, rather than the 1/time approach they have now.
    It wouldn't be more lines. What I could see them doing is the Fast Pass return time for DVC/Deluxe guests would be sooner than Moderates, which would be sooner than Value, which would be sooner than off-site.

So while being in a higher priced resort wouldn't mean "head of the line" access, it would mean one could use more Fast Passes during a day than those with a lesser priority.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedDad View Post
    The entire FP system at Disney is horrible after experiencing Universal's Express Pass. Disney does need to revamp the entire FP system.

There is no way WDW could implement a system like Universal's unless they limit to Deluxe resort guests only. My suggestion for a system would work far better:

1. FP are only for resort guests
    2. Total FP's for a day is based on resort level. (Values can get say 5 per person, Moderates 8 per person, and Deluxe 15 per person)
    3. FP needs to be changed to Front of the Line access. In other words, you walk right onto the ride and not have to wait 15 minutes still for Soarin, TSMM, etc.
    4. Change the FP from being at the rides to kiosks throughout the park. You can choose which rides to get FPs for in one location.
    I doubt Disney would ever do any of this. I don't think they would just allow resort guests to be the only ones to be able to get them. That would be business suicide... We who choose not to stay on property pay just as much as resort guests for the admission tickets. They already have the extra magic hours which I think is fine. They depend on people who come down just for a day or two just as much. With some of the lines, both stand-by and FP it works just fine with the alternating between the two. If you made it where a person that had a FP and he went right to the front without even a little wait you would have trouble on your hands. I mean some of the FP lines during peak times are long enough. And can you imagine if you were in the stand-by line just about to get on a ride and 50 people with FP's showed up under Universals system and they stopped you from getting on. You would be ticked.
    Last edited by CaptainSad; 07-22-2011 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Forgot something..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RBrooksC View Post
    It wouldn't be more lines. What I could see them doing is the Fast Pass return time for DVC/Deluxe guests would be sooner than Moderates, which would be sooner than Value, which would be sooner than off-site.

So while being in a higher priced resort wouldn't mean "head of the line" access, it would mean one could use more Fast Passes during a day than those with a lesser priority.
    Ah, thanks for the clarification. In that case, i like it. I might like it less on times when Disney isn't my focus of my trip (alternate Disney based, then other park based trips to Orlando with may 1 or 2 days at Disney).

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: