Quantcast No More Monorail Extra Magic Hours - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale79 View Post
    Its a perk that people pay extra for to stay at those monorail resorts. I can understand why people are upset.
    Me too....one of the primary perks of a stay at the super expensive GF or Poly (you can walk home to the CR) is the ability to have that final moment of magic on the monorail by cruising around the seven seas lagoon before bedding down for the night. there is no fun (and even less romance) in a bus.

Sounds to me like another "great idea"-NOT- from a bean counter who thought he just saved his department 00.4732% of their annual budget by "turning off" the monorail an hour or two early and using the excess capacity of an unused bus instead.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mousemates View Post
    Sounds to me like another "great idea"-NOT- from a bean counter who thought he just saved his department 00.4732% of their annual budget by "turning off" the monorail an hour or two early and using the excess capacity of an unused bus instead.
    Sorry, but your decimal is in the wrong place, it is actually 00.04732% they saved!
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with all the posters who are upset about this. You should get what you pay for and being able to ride the monorail for the length of stay was included in the exorbitant rates these people willingly paid to stay at a deluxe resort. Now, Disney might be trying to change the rules in the bottom of the ninth. If it's a safety issue Disney should say so. Don't they have a public relations department? They should keep their guests in the loop instead of letting everyone get all fired up about something that may only be a rumor.

Post Thanks / Like

Just checked the DVC member site and there was nothing about this topic. Which isn't surprising, since the site does a horrible job of keeping members informed about anything that's new. The third story from the top of the "What's New" tab was the highlights of the 2010 condo meeting. Wow. If they want to cut some costs, they could stop printing the DVC members magazine. Maybe they already have, since I haven't received one in awhile.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: