Quantcast Am I the only one....

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Am I the only one....

who scratches their head with some intercot responses You know the ones responding to question X with "I have never stayed or done X so I can't say."

PS My iPad typing skills stink.
    Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge
    Dec 2012 - Wilderness Lodge
    Mar 2012 - AKL
    Nov 2011 - Wilderness Lodge
    Dec 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    Jun 2008 - Wilderness Lodge - Yippee!
    Feb 2007 - Wilderness Lodge
    Dec 2005 - Wilderness Lodge
    Feb 2004 - All Star Sports
    Dec 2000 - Offsite
    Dec 1996 - Offsite

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I never understood the posting just for postings sake.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Bill
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.

AKL, Jambo, September 18 to October 2, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Me either... why they want so many post is beyond me. On other boards as well. Sometimes only one word. Who cares 3000 does not make you an authority on anything.. Especially if they only post the Thanks! or a smiley figure..
    Connie
    Dec 8-15 2007 All Star Music Suites
    Dec 5-14 2008 All Star Music Suites
    Dec 7-16 2009 POP
    Last trip for a long while JAN 20-28

Post Thanks / Like

I think that's done mostly to bump up a post that isn't getting any responses.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously, love this thread! I always thought I was just being facitious when I thought the same! Glad I'm not alone! It's like, REALLY? Thanks - um - I guess...:
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

I've never really posted just for posting sake, so I really can't say...... These are also probably the same people who brag about going every year, but whine about the costs because they can't re-use their refillable mug from 1993.
    "From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. From the inside looking out you can't explain it"

Jul 84: TravelLodge (Kissimee)
    Sep 02: All-Star Sports
    Mar 06: Coronado Springs
    Sep 11: Wilderness Lodge
    Apr 15: Wilderness Lodge
    Next Trip - Sep 20: Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdwaggie View Post
    I've never really posted just for posting sake, so I really can't say...... These are also probably the same people who brag about going every year, but whine about the costs because they can't re-use their refillable mug from 1993.
    You are so right on.. How do they go every year 2 times a year and really enjoy it. I think I would get burned out. The rides do not change course or routes so its expected what it will do How can that be fun. ME, I want the new mugs every year I have one from each year we have gone. And use them all and remember a memory with each one.
    Connie
    Dec 8-15 2007 All Star Music Suites
    Dec 5-14 2008 All Star Music Suites
    Dec 7-16 2009 POP
    Last trip for a long while JAN 20-28

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lighteningqueen View Post
    You are so right on.. How do they go every year 2 times a year and really enjoy it. I think I would get burned out. The rides do not change course or routes so its expected what it will do How can that be fun. ME, I want the new mugs every year I have one from each year we have gone. And use them all and remember a memory with each one.
    Maybe everyone is different. I'm a seasonal pass holder and have had one every year [a SP or AP] since 2000. We typically go on day trips but sometimes overnighters or weekends. We go about 10-12 day trips a year. It never has gotten old in 11 years! It's magical each and every time we walk through park(s) entrance!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Opps!

Ok..i will confess that I have posted the "I have never done/seen X. But look forward to the responses" Because......There are times I am wondering things but don't post anything because I don't want people to be like...um..duh! This way the poster knows that others are wondering the same thing, and I believe in positive re-enforcement.

So....Sorry for "Posting for postings sake" if that is what you want to call it....I think it is affirmation that the poster has a great questions.
    DL 2000 (off site)
    DW 2001 (CSR)
    DW 2008 (POP)
    DW 2009 (CSR)
    Sept 2011 POFQ
    Hoping to get back sooner vs. later. :)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    Maybe everyone is different. I'm a seasonal pass holder and have had one every year [a SP or AP] since 2000. We typically go on day trips but sometimes overnighters or weekends. We go about 10-12 day trips a year. It never has gotten old in 11 years! It's magical each and every time we walk through park(s) entrance!
    We've been passholders for several years now and feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by mickey_M_lvr View Post
    Ok..i will confess that I have posted the "I have never done/seen X. But look forward to the responses" Because......There are times I am wondering things but don't post anything because I don't want people to be like...um..duh! This way the poster knows that others are wondering the same thing, and I believe in positive re-enforcement.

So....Sorry for "Posting for postings sake" if that is what you want to call it....I think it is affirmation that the poster has a great questions.
    I think you're correct. Also, before I learned how to navigate the site, I'd post an occasional nonsensical post just to get a thread subscription. It was a little while before I figured out you can subscribe without posting anything.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ž.•*š)ž.•*š)ž.•*šMagicž.•*š)ž.•*š)ž.•*š

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Are you the only one?

Hmm. I've never noticed any responses to posts like that, so I can't really say.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

I've posted 1 or 2 word responses many times. The way I look at it is, this is a discussion board, if we were sitting in my living room having a discussion, I think it's quite appropriate to have a short response. Not every response has to be indepth.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lighteningqueen View Post
    LOL to the original post. Who knows? LOlL.

To the above post, I have to say we went 2 x times a year for the longest time, once we went 3 times even. Since we have DVC and used our points for 2 shorter stays. We'd stay at different resorts and go at different times of year, plus do other stuff in the area like Universal, various beaches. We usually go now once a year but at the time we went during different times to experience things like Food and Wine and then Christmastime. Everyone's different. ANd we don't use refillable mugs so that's not me complaining about not being able to use the mug I bought in 1993. lol.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickey_M_lvr View Post

Sorry, I don't think anyone meant to offend. I've often posted something to the effect, that I too was wondering the same or anxious to hear what other have to share about a particular experience.
    Shari

'02 - All Star Movies

'13, '21 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I don't think anyone meant to offend. I've often posted something to the effect, that I too was wondering the same or anxious to hear what other have to share about a particular experience.
    Tink#64 no worries! I am not offended...I think that ofter things are written and people aren't sure how to take them. If it offends me I don't write anything... I posted what I did so that people might see it from a different side.

DL 2000 (off site)
    DW 2001 (CSR)
    DW 2008 (POP)
    DW 2009 (CSR)
    Sept 2011 POFQ
    Hoping to get back sooner vs. later. :)

Post Thanks / Like

It's usually a good bet that if you make, even well intended, gross generalizations about a group of people, someone will likely be offended.

There are some posts that mystify me as well, but beyond that moment I never give them a second thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Mickey_M_lvr
    Shari

'02 - All Star Movies

'13, '21 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I've never done that, so I can't say...

Okay, actually, I'm pretty sure that I have. I will sometimes not have a concrete answer for the original poster, but may have a guess, idea, opinion, or follow-up question to it. For the most part though, I probably just like the sound of my own keyboard...
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: