Quantcast Paradise Pier Questions

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Paradise Pier Questions

In about 2 weeks I am staying at the Paradise Pier for a few nights and I have a few questions.

1. What is the parking policy for resort guests? I have heard it's $15 a day is this true?

2. What about internet access? Is it the same as WDW $9.95 a day?
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Internet is free. Parking is $15/day. There used to be a $14.80 "resort fee" tacked on per night that included parking, internet, and a daily newspaper. They elimunated the resort fee effective 1/1/2011. The parking fee took its place. The internet is now included in the cost of your room. Its also wifi.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Still difficult to believe how the same company has so many different policies running it's parks and resorts
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Internet is free. Parking is $15/day. There used to be a $14.80 "resort fee" tacked on per night that included parking, internet, and a daily newspaper. They elimunated the resort fee effective 1/1/2011. The parking fee took its place. The internet is now included in the cost of your room. Its also wifi.
    I was thinking it used to be the other way around, but I thought the 'resort fee' was internet, paper and fitness center priviledges. Actually though, I prefer the current fee. Not everyone drives. Of course, not everyone uses the internet either, but I sure do.

Jeff, hope you enjoy PPH. I love that hotel. It's the first resort property I stayed at back in 2003.

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted the Grand Californian but DVC was sold out so I am settling for Paradise Pier so I really hope I like it I already stayed at the Disneyland Hotel a few times but decided to save the points. My big fear is it won't be worth the outrageous point value they are hitting me up for compared to a place like AKL which is like 15 points cheaper a night!
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    I wanted the Grand Californian but DVC was sold out so I am settling for Paradise Pier so I really hope I like it I already stayed at the Disneyland Hotel a few times but decided to save the points. My big fear is it won't be worth the outrageous point value they are hitting me up for compared to a place like AKL which is like 15 points cheaper a night!
    Um, yeah, I think you may be disappointed then. Sorry to say that. I've always been lead to believe the Disneyland thing with DVC is not really worth it. I maybe would have paid cash?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I probably should have paid cash but I had points so just decided to use them. My big fear is that I am going to feel like I'm staying a regular run of the mill hotel.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Paradise Pier is comparable to a WDW moderate, in my opinion. The rooms are large, but feel a bit cheap, old, and not generally up to Disney Deluxe standards. What is most frustrating about PPH is the utter lack of quick dining options. Of course, you can walk to many places, but it's an inconvenience. The theming is also sort of bizarre. Outside of the lobby, which is barely themed, there is not much personality to the resort as a whole. It's a perfectly fine hotel, but I can't call it a "resort". You'll have a good time, though. It's Disneyland! FYI, if you are in DCA and want to get back to PPH, cut through the Grand and exit at the main lobby door. PPH is right across the street from GCH main entrance.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

And I feel the total opposite of Natalie regarding PPH. I love it and it definitely has the Disney feel to me. Everything is so close. I'm one that can't get on the Grand Californian train though. Love the lobby, restaurants and such, but I cannot see shelling out all that $$$ for such a small room.

Post Thanks / Like

Guess I will just have to keep my fingers crossed that I like it. I wouldn't exactly call myself a resort snob but I like to get what I am paying for. If I am paying Deluxe Prices, I want a deluxe experience!
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    If I am paying Deluxe Prices, I want a deluxe experience!
    Well, to me it's a bit different at DLR because your resort choices are limited and they charge what people pay. There are definitely reasons I'd rank PPH above a WDW moderate - location and (potential) theme park view, interior hallways, large rooms with queen beds, digital safes and a restaurant with a character meal.

Yes, I'm a cheerleader for PPH for whatever reason. I love it!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't dislike PPH at all. I stayed there more than once, but I guess it's just not my cup of tea. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that it wasn't originally a Disney property, and it shows. It's like the saying about putting lipstick on a pig. I always think about that when I am at that hotel. Disney did as much as they could to put their mark on it, but it's still just a run of the mill high rise hotel tower. The pool is probably the single biggest fail. The quiet pools at most WDW value resorts are bigger!

Jeff, you will come to your own conclusion about whether or not you are getting what you paid for. Personally, based on my last stay there, I find that it isn't even as nice as most Holiday Inn Express hotels, nor as good a value. Just go in with realistic expectations.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hmmmm....

Well...maybe I should've skipped reading this whole thread. I'll be at DL in October and we are staying at Paradise.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that it wasn't originally a Disney property, and it shows.
    And that's one of the charms to me - that it used to be a Japanese-owned hotel.

Like I said earlier though Jeff, I sure hope you aren't upset using your points there. I'm being honest and saying I probably would have paid cash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IwannabeinNarnia View Post
    Well...maybe I should've skipped reading this whole thread. I'll be at DL in October and we are staying at Paradise.
    Please don't let this thread cause you concern or scare you away from PPH. It is all a matter of opinion.

My main thing is the pool. I wish they could transform some of the surrounding parking in to a multiple pool area.

Also there is a lack of restaurants. We loved Yamabuki when it was there and really miss it. Wish something else wonderful would take its place. But the Disneyland Hotel is a stones throw away and they have a variety of restaurants to choose from. Grand Californian and Downtown Disney are also super close and both with plenty of restaurants.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at the PPH almost as many times as the DH. I personally love the rooms. They are a good size. Very comfortable. Plus the added plus was the resort view which I pretty much always paid for.

I liked being able to watch the construction of DCA, and then eventually watch DEP from my room.

True it doesn't have all of the perks of a deluxe WDW resort, but right outside your door is DtD and both parks. What could be more convenient than that???

Disney fan....yesterday, today and always!

Sometimes we all need a bit of magic.

433 miles away from Disneyland!
    2,836 miles away from Walt Disney World!

Dallas, TX (1424.06 miles from the Disneyland Resort)
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the PPH as well.

The post putting it under a Holiday Inn are way off base IMHO.

I agree that the pool is lacking, but then again, I usually spend ZERO time at the pool on a Disney vacation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDisney View Post
    The post putting it under a Holiday Inn are way off base IMHO.
    Okay, just for the sake of argument, I am going to tell you why I said that. We just moved cross country. We stayed in four different hotels for a total of 12 nights. In addition, we just took a 2 night trip down to North Carolina to visit my MIL. The hotels were: Springhill Suites, Holiday Inn, and Holiday Inn Express (two separate ones). All four hotels exceeded the PPH in terms of room appointments and hotel offerings. The Holiday Inn even had a full service restaurant. The others did not have a restaurant on site, for comparison's sake. The most we paid for our room was $123/night at the Springhill Suites in Irivne, CA, before we left the state. The Holiday Inns were all either $89 or $95/night.

In all the hotels, we had triple sheeted queen pillowtop beds, DUVETS, four pillows per bed (2 firm, 2 soft), marble baths with massage showerheads, granite topped bathrooms, name brand toiletries (Bath and Body Works), an easy chair with ottoman, refrigerator AND microwave, 32' LCD HD tv's with a plethora of cable channels, desk with several outlets and FREE internet (and free wifi in the case of Holiday Inn) and our smallest room was 400 sq feet. All these hotels had interior corridors, bell services, INDOOR pools that were all larger than the PPH pool, fitness centers, business centers, and FREE hot breakfast (a good breakfast, not just continental). In fact, the breakfast exceeded what I've gotten at all Disney owned resort concierge level stays I've done.

Of course, none of these hotels was on Disney property, and we all know that Disney resorts are mostly about location, but I stand by my assesment that the PPH resort and rooms are not as good as those we JUST stayed in over the past month at the Holiday Inns. It's a fact. I'd even venture to say that my room on the Club Level of the Boardwalk Inn just a couple months ago was not as nicely appointed as the Holiday Inn ones. And, for FULL disclosure, I'm a hotel snob. I thought I'd be cringing at the condition of the Holiday Inns, and I was more than pleasantly surprised by all my experiences in them. Our worst hotel experience during this process was one night at a Four Points Sheraton at LAX that was just godawful. I don't even want to think about that hotel ever again. But, I am going to be fully honest and say that that room reminded me the most of the rooms at the PPH, in terms of room condition and appointments. The Holiday Inns were on par with the rooms at the Contemporary Resort, in terms of room appointments and decor. Maybe surprising, but true.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

I think it stinks that we cannot use our DVC points on regular rooms at the Grand Californian when villas are full. I wrote to Member Services about this in December - you might want to too.

Anyway .........

I like Paradise Pier as well, Jeff -- and I'm an admitted resort snob. The rooms are very nice and I love PCH Grill. We don't utilize the pool so that falls into the 'no big deal' category for me.

You will not have to pay a resort fee for papers and such if you are utilizing DVC points. It's all included.

(Personally I find using points for rooms at the DL resorts are WAY overpriced. I've done it many, many times - but it zaps A LOT.)
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    You will not have to pay a resort fee for papers and such if you are utilizing DVC points. It's all included.
    Does this include parking?
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: