Quantcast Worst Helmets in the NFL

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Who has the worst helmets in the NFL

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Browns

17 50.00%
  • Panthers

1 2.94%
  • Bengals

3 8.82%
  • Ravens

0 0%
  • Titans

4 11.76%
  • Seahawks

3 8.82%
  • Patriots

4 11.76%
  • Jaguars

2 5.88%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Worst Helmets in the NFL

So ESPN did a similar survey. I thought we could kick off the NFL season with a poll.

I picked the 8 most frequant responses, although I am sure many of you will declare your love "insert the name of one of the eight teams here" helmets.

Actually I am a Titans but, I hate the Titans helmet logo. I like the colors and the center strips but the logo looks like something a grade school student came up with...IMO. I like the Titans sleeve logo and have no idea why its not on the helmet.

However I have ALWAYS detested the Bengals helmets....I know, I know people for the most part really like the Tiger Stripes. For me the tiger stripes remind me of felt paintings, and steering wheel covers.
    Loads of trips since 1974...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've voted for the Browns mainly because there seems to be no effort made at all. Is there a reason why it's plain orange and why they have no logo?

I'm a Raider's fan but have never really liked the logo.

The one logo I do like is the Texans. Shame they didn't vote on a better name for their team. Not alot of imagination there from my friends in Houston.

Post Thanks / Like

this one was not on the list, but I view the Steelers whole uniform as the most boring in the NFL. That "gold", more like yellow, is the most putrid color I have ever seen. Go Niners!
    2008 - Anniversary trip: Port Orleans Riverside
    2005 - Honeymoon trip: Port Orleans Riverside
    2015 - Kids 1st Visit: Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldsBFF View Post
    this one was not on the list, but I view the Steelers whole uniform as the most boring in the NFL. That "gold", more like yellow, is the most putrid color I have ever seen. Go Niners!
    Never liked the Steelers myself, but the uniform is a classic. I love how the logo is only on one side, very unique. Plus I do give them props for the fact that the uniform has not changed over the years.
    Raider, as far as the Browns go, they did have a logo on their helmet for a preseason game in 1965 other than that it has always been one color. In the early 50's the color was white for day games. The reason for Brown is that they are named after their original owners name; Paul Brown. They did have a mascot ,a brownie ,but he has dissapeared replaced by a dog to fit with the name of their fans who sit in the "dog pound". However some fans still use the brownie. As with other "iconic" looks a lot of people really like the logo-less look. In college football Penn State, has sported white helmets for decades, and Alabama's numbers only has cemented itself in pop-culture. Before the Bengals got their stripes their helmets only sported the word "Bengals". The Tiger stripes came in in the early 80's.

Post Thanks / Like

A vote for the browns ... its like they cant be bothered
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

For as long as I can remember, I've always thought the Browns had the worst uniforms in the NFL period, especially their helmets.

Talk about ugly ... brown? No logo? No pizzaz at all?

Totally dull!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I think the Browns are the best... simple and unassuming is always better. Just like I think Penn State has the best helmets and uniforms in all of football.

I picked Patriots. What is that guy suppossed to be wearing, a bicycle racing helmet?
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    For as long as I can remember, I've always thought the Browns had the worst uniforms in the NFL period, especially their helmets.

Talk about ugly ... brown? No logo? No pizzaz at all?

Totally dull!
    I totally agree with you Ian. Doesn't happen much.

Brown. Mud. Yuck. Boring.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with the people who say the Browns have the ugliest helmets/uniforms-- even the team name. The Cleveland Browns? Really? That's all you got, Cleveland? It's like one step up from being the Beiges. (Yes, I realize they're named after a legendary Ohio sports figure). And that color scheme, burnt orange and brown, is straight out of the 70s. This is a team in need of a revamp. But then, perhaps they wouldn't be so lovable to their fans.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Wow! I think the Browns are the best... simple and unassuming is always better. Just like I think Penn State has the best helmets and uniforms in all of football.

I picked Patriots. What is that guy suppossed to be wearing, a bicycle racing helmet?
    Agreed on the Patirots. I think the change in uniforms was a huge flop. The other helmet just looked so old school and cool.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlawler View Post
    Never liked the Steelers myself, but the uniform is a classic. I love how the logo is only on one side, very unique. Plus I do give them props for the fact that the uniform has not changed over the years.
    Raider, as far as the Browns go, they did have a logo on their helmet for a preseason game in 1965 other than that it has always been one color. In the early 50's the color was white for day games. The reason for Brown is that they are named after their original owners name; Paul Brown. They did have a mascot ,a brownie ,but he has dissapeared replaced by a dog to fit with the name of their fans who sit in the "dog pound". However some fans still use the brownie. As with other "iconic" looks a lot of people really like the logo-less look. In college football Penn State, has sported white helmets for decades, and Alabama's numbers only has cemented itself in pop-culture. Before the Bengals got their stripes their helmets only sported the word "Bengals". The Tiger stripes came in in the early 80's.
    oops I meant to send this to Reservoir Dog not Raider.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlawler View Post
    oops I meant to send this to Reservoir Dog not Raider.
    You are forgiven

Post Thanks / Like

There are a couple I would have voted for, but I really don't get the titans logo. True, the browns shows very little imagination, but the Titans put effort into design, which makes it even worse.
    Love my beloved Packers, but for some reason I have always liked the rams helmet. Is there anything more descriptive than a rams running back putting his head down and crashing into the line. I always picture two rams on a mountain crashing heads...
    1986 and 1991 offsite
    1998,2000,2001,2003,2004,2006,2008 movies
    1999, 2002 sports
    2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 pop
    2008 Riverside (Christmas Parade)
    2010 CB (25th anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

The Seahawks.

Seriously, day-glo green? Am I at a football game or a Poison concert?

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    The Seahawks.

Seriously, day-glo green? Am I at a football game or a Poison concert?

The only thing funnier is the Dolphins' roster at QB!!!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for Seahawks. Just a nasty seafoam green and blue with '70's seahawk on side with wide stripes. Nice try with the color change

Now if it were the old school Bengal helmets with the word Bengals on the helmets then I would have voted for them But the Brown family should take note that they should NEVER be allowed to pick team colors or helmets ever again! Not much imagination.
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Easy - Browns. Absolutely no question.

I don't understand Panthers or Jags on the list. Those are well done designs.
    Tennessee belongs on the list, pretty poor!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Easy - Browns. Absolutely no question.

I don't understand Panthers or Jags on the list. Those are well done designs.
    Tennessee belongs on the list, pretty poor!
    To each his own......Personally I think the Panthers have the worst total package uniform in the league. B-O-R-I-N-G....It's like someone said "let's see what's a logo or mascot that has been well overused? Oh a large cat, good idea!" Then they said... "is there a way to screw up the combination of black and blue?" Then they proceeded to do that as well.

How many professional teams do we need with a giant cat as their mascot?

If the Titans simply had a different logo on their helmets it would improve the whole uniform.

While on that topic on uniform I totally dislike is the Broncos newer look.....simply awful. Looks like a USFL team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

The only thing funnier is the Dolphins' roster at QB!!!
    I don't know...watching McNabb mail it in during the last quarter of the superbowl with the game on the line and crushing Philly fans dreams yet again was pretty chuckle-inducing also.

That being said, don't you see the strategy? Same one the Penguins used to get Lemieux. Stink to high heaven, then get the #1 pick.

Andrew Luck, come on down!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

The worst uniforms- the 'retro' or historic uniforms of the AFL...
    The Jets (at that time the titans)...and the broncos spring to mind.

i think the dolphins were basically the same as they are now

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    That being said, don't you see the strategy? Same one the Penguins used to get Lemieux. Stink to high heaven, then get the #1 pick.

Andrew Luck, come on down!
    and pagan the problem with the strategy...the fish win just enough to be bad, but not as bad as the bills...or the browns...or the bengals...or the broncos or the panthers.
    They get solidly into the middle of the pack.

To be losers you have to have all the right ingrediants- you know like Rich Kotite. Or what about Groh. or be so unwanted that your " HC of the NYJ" resigns with a post it.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: