Quantcast Disney Apps for iTouch/iPhone

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Wmsbrg, VA (12 hours & 22 minutes from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Disney Apps for iTouch/iPhone

I've just recently got my Itouch 4G working and i LOVE the Disney apps that are available! They are very convenient and we will definately be using these in the parks (we joke around and say that we need to buy a park hopper ticket for the "silver thing" ) I've downloaded the Park hours app, wait for rides app, Disney restaurant guide, and the Resort calculator. It amazes me that you can do so much on these small things- you can make reservations for Crystal Palace whenever and where ever you want! I love all of these apps- even during the day we will be sitting at home and wonder how long the wait for Haunted Mansion is- we can just go on the ride times and see for ourselves. Anyway, I know this is a random topic but I just had to share! Anyone else use some of these? Are there others you would recommend?
    "When hinges creak in doorless chambers... and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls.. whenever candlelights flicker... where the air is deathly still... that is the time when ghosts are present... practicing their terror with ghoulish delight."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we have the same apps that you have. Love them.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

Forwarding this one to the Disney Tech forum.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm also in the process of learning how to use my new iPhone4 - I've downloaded a number of free apps, until I figure out what I'm doing.

(To make it even crazier, I've had a new iPod Classic since Christmas, which I'm finally figuring out how to use. (I decided not to download music to my phone.))

Are you sticking with the free Disney apps, or have you downloaded any of the paid apps? Which ones do you recommend?

I need all the help I can get.
    Sylvia ºOº

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

The only app I've downloaded that actually cost me was the Disney Restaurant guide which was $1.99... but it was worth the two bucks because it lists all the parks, every restaurant in that park, the menu & cost of each food item. You can also keep reservation info in there and make res. as well! I recommend:
    Park Hours App- Free- Very convenient-just type in Disney park hours
    WDW Waits- Free- convenientfor in the park
    Resort Calculator- 1.99- worth it. lists all the resorts. you pick the dates. and the room. and it calculates how much you room would cost
    Disney Restaurants- 1.99- as i said before, this one is the best.

AS much as I hate spending money on apps, these are the only 2 I've spent money on but they have been worth it! hope this helps!
    "When hinges creak in doorless chambers... and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls.. whenever candlelights flicker... where the air is deathly still... that is the time when ghosts are present... practicing their terror with ghoulish delight."

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneycutie165 View Post
    AS much as I hate spending money on apps, these are the only 2 I've spent money on but they have been worth it! hope this helps!
    I'll definitely download the Disney Restaurant Guide. I always have a tendency to go to the same places on every trip. It's time to try some new places.

Thanks for your help.
    Sylvia ºOº

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

In addition to what you have I have the transportation wizard, Mouse Memo, and Hidden Mickeys. The resort calculator app prices are often incorrect but it gives you a decent ballpark figure to go by. Mouse Memo is a great place to keep track of all of your confirmation numbers including DME and resort info.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    In addition to what you have I have the transportation wizard, Mouse Memo, and Hidden Mickeys. The resort calculator app prices are often incorrect but it gives you a decent ballpark figure to go by. Mouse Memo is a great place to keep track of all of your confirmation numbers including DME and resort info.
    I'm going to check these apps out. Thanks for the recommendations.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I'll definitely download the Disney Restaurant Guide. I always have a tendency to go to the same places on every trip. It's time to try some new places.

Thanks for your help.
    Yah that is why I downloaded it becuase we have the same problem. It's very useful! And glad I could help

Post Thanks / Like

I also recently upgraded to an I-phone but haven't downloaded many apps. Where do you find all of the ones mentioned on here so far? Are they in the I-Tunes store?
    Next Trip: 2019-Yacht Club
    Resorts Stayed At Since 1994
    :
    Yacht Club (9 times)
    Beach Club (10 times)
    Animal Kingdom Lodge (1 time)
    Caribbean Beach (3 times)
    Dixie Landings (1 time)
    Contemporary Resort (1 time)

1987 Disney Music Days-Marched in EPCOT!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDale2708 View Post
    I also recently upgraded to an I-phone but haven't downloaded many apps. Where do you find all of the ones mentioned on here so far? Are they in the I-Tunes store?
    Yep! From your phone or in the iTunes store, type in the search "Disney" and hundreds of apps will pop up. You can read a description of the app and reviews from other users to help you decide if you want to purchase.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I like mouse memo for keeping track of all the trip notes.

I also like the park map apps. I use Upin, but they all have everything you need, right down to smoking areas.

The OLP WDW Transportation Wizard is great for getting you around.. if you want to switch up your usual monorail, ferry, bus route, try this app. It's only 1.99

The Hidden Mickey apps, trivia and Disney secrets apps give you some fun info to read on buses, planes and in the queues.

Also don't forget that Disney has there own mobile sites that have everything.. including the current wait times that are on the actual park boards. This way you are not relying on others to add that information. You can search dining while in the park and make reservations. You can find Characters (where and what time), shopping, transportation (although the WDW Transportation Wizard app is much better at getting you from point A-B and even C), extra magic hours, water parks, parade and fireworks schedule, guest services and limited resorts info.

You are online, so if your paying for roaming I don't recommend using it or any other apps that require roaming. Coming from Canada, I don't use any apps that require any online use but, I plan to get around that next time by bringing my old iPhone and signing up with a US server.

These are the mobile site addresses:
    m.disneyworld.com
    m.disneyland.com
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Ride Hopper is a great app I just got this past weekend on my iPhone. I live in the north east near a number of amusement parks and it includes all of them. It also has WDW, Universal, etc.

We used it at Six Flags Great Adventure this past weekend and it was a huge help with lines.

We are going to test it out in WDW on our trip in a few weeks. We only got the free version.
    Next WDW Vacation: 1st Disney Cruise w. Land and Sea adventure, Summer 2014

WDW 76x ON PROPERTY since March 1984
    Most Recent Trip: Thanksgiving/Christmas 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I downloaded WDW Waits, WDW Dining, and Park Hours.

MY girls love looking at WDW waits. They keep telling me what the times are for my favorite rides, and I have this need to jump up and run for a fast pass, even though we are still HOME!!!

Good App's. I'll see how I really like them when we go in two weeks!
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

WDW Dining is my favorite app. I must have the paid version because it's updated frequently. It gets better with each update. Just recently I saw they've updated it so you can type in a food item and it will tell you where on property to find it. Genius!
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: