Quantcast Is it true? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it true?

Post Thanks / Like

The MK is always our last night at WDW. When the park closes we just hang around sitting and resting and taking in the night sights of the MK. There is a sense of peaceful melancholy in our hearts as we will be rejoining the real world. We have been asked by cast members to keep moving toward the exits. They are not pushy or demanding in anyway and are always considerate.
    1965*, 1972, 1980, 1986, 1992, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004 Disneyland ** Aug 2009 25th Wedding Anniversary, 2010 (June), 2012

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The MK at night is my all time favorite. I love to linger after closing time. The magic draws me in and I don't won't to leave those feelings behind. It's so peaceful and beautiful. I love being one of the last to walk down main street towards the exit at a leisurely pace.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ransam View Post
    one night i was at epcot and it was scheduled to close at 9, i noticed that the american adventure last show was also at 9 so i went. when i got out of the show, the nation area was empty except for a few employees. i walked around a bit. not one employee asked me to leave, but were very nice. i walked to the entrance. it was the most peaceful moment i have ever had at WDW. it was still lit up, and the music was playing, and it was just me. when i got to the entrance/exit, there were still lots of people mingling around.
    I have done the same thing. One time, when I attended the 9 PM show, there were only 6 of us in the theater, but the CM treated us as if we were a full audience and gave the same introductory talk before showtime. I've seen the show hundreds of times over the years, but seeing it at 9 PM is the best - the theater is quiet and you can actually hear all of the dialogue without people talking among themselves or cameras flashing, etc., etc. EPCOT after official closing time is a wonderful place to be.

I've also noticed over the years that, even when it's past official park closing, as long as guests are moving toward the exit, CMs will never try to rush you along. Even at the Castle Hub in the MK, some times I wander around the area, just enjoying the music and the atmosphere and I have never been politely directed to the exit by a CM.

This is in sharp contrast to the time we were at Universal Studios and were rudely told the park was closing and we had to leave. This was in spite of the fact that we explained we were waiting for the kids in our party, who were at the last "Men in Black" show of the day. We were not allowed to wait outside the theater for them to come out.
    Sylvia ºOº

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

The only park I have ever felt "rushed" in leaving is the studios. They close areas at scheduled closing times and cast members have been irritated when you are slow in leaving. The Magic Kingdom does not rush you out - I love being one of the last to leave.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

I used to work at the Emporium on Main Street which stayed open at least an hour after MK closed. Generally what they did to encourage people to wrap it up was close the doors on one end and then sometimes they'd have a few of us make a gentle line in the middle and not let people pass. Of course, we were told to allow people to pass if they got irked but it did work to an extent. I remember that during the very busy season (4th of July-ish), there were guests in the store for hours after the park closed.

Nikki
    Carolyn & Nikki - Two sisters whose first visit was the day before the Magic began...and have been hooked ever since!

Post Thanks / Like

One trip we were a grand gathering, we did the sunset safari in AK, followed by a dinner at Tusker House. All of these things took place after the park was closed for the day. During the dinner we found that African food did not "sit well" with my daughter. She went to the bathroom about 20min. before the dinner was scheduled to be wrapped up for all parties. An hour and a half later...she was still in the bathroom. Needless to say two security guards waited very calmly and patiently with me by the bathroom while the rest of our party went to purchase photos from the day, the tour guides we had were sitting in a circle with the other children singing songs from the jungle book and several other movies, and playing fun games. When we were finally done with the bathroom, we got to walk through the park with the animal sounds and water sounds, it was the most beautiful and peaceful walk I have had at WDW. The lights were mostly off and they took us to the front of the park where a bus was waiting, just for us! The driver was wonderful and told us tons of stories on the way back to the resort. That is still one of our favorite memories, well except for the sick daughter part
    "Are we there yet mom?" "Can we go to Disney World tomorrow?" Lots of visits & we keep on going!
    Next trip:
    9/18/2013

Post Thanks / Like

We too love "lingering" as the park empties out...very peaceful, very relaxing...we espeically like catching a bench near the town square and watching the last of guests meander out, before finally joining them ourselves.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

I was one of the last guests to leave the MK. It was December 2005. My now ex-wife and I was lingering after a MVMCP. We were enjoying the atmospehere. It is sad to think about it now, because it was so special then. It was our last night at WDW and we had a long drive home the next day. We never felt rushed by the CM's. Quite the contrary. They seemed to know what a special moment it was for us and gave us peace and space. We stood on Main Street hugging and staring at the castle. We had a rare moment of solitude at MK.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

Many people stay after closing to take pictures so people can't ruin the shot. Many of the best pictures require a LONG shutter time to get the best picture. They put up the tripod, set the camera, and let the camera film for a minute or more.

This is not a lot of people. I don't know the people personally, but they are very courteous and they actually have long conversations with the CMs and clean up crew.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: