Quantcast "Redemption Card"

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default "Redemption Card"

Anyone ever have to deal with getting one of these? I guess it is a card that you can use from your Disney Reward Points.

Because with us going next month and wanting to use my reward points from my Disney Visa, I have to wait until my next statement (which I won't get until about 2 weeks before we are to leave) until I can get ALL my points. So they told me I can just get a redemption card when I get there. I can pick it up from Guest Relations, I was told.

Just wondering who has dealt with this and was it as easy as it seems. Or just should I get my new card and points with the amount currently on there. I'd like to use them all, since this will be it for us for at least 2 years.

D
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Get the card now. Transferring points to it online is easy. Plus, it may take much longer than you think for points to show up to add. Another option I have heard of and have no first hand experience is that there is a Disney Visa Rewards place in DTD where you can do it all right there. Someone else will have to provide those details though.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

I usually get the card with the minimum allowed on it (I think it's $25) in case it gets lost in the mail. When I get to WDW I just transfer the rest onto it. If you have the card you just have to call them and they will transfer the points for you or you can do it online.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Like already mention...order the card now. I believe it takes a couple of weeks to get. Once you have the card in hand you can call or go online to get the points put onto the card, which happens immediately. The card is what takes time to get, transfering does not.

I only use this credit card now and our theme park tickets to WDW have been free on our last three trips!
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

My last trip I went to the card website and ordered the card about 3 months before the trip. I put my available balance on the card, but I like the idea of putting on the minimum $25. During my trip I called the 800# and had an agent add all available points to my redemption card. I then used the card at checkout to settle up room (KTTW) charges. This worked great for me.
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered a new redemption card on line, you only need to put $10 on it, then after it arrived I added the rest of my points. I'll get a credit after we arrive at WDW too, but I may not want to add the additional points to this card...depends on if I need more $$ to spend.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

I too would order the card now with a minimum amount of Disney Rewards Dollars, and then when your next statement closes call them & add on the remainder of your rewards dollars.

Honestly, I'm sure it's easy to do while you're at Disney, but I'd much rather spend my vacation with this type of thing already taken care of versus having to do it on site.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

We are also going in September and called for our card last week. It is in the mail and we took all the points on it for redemption.

Post Thanks / Like

One time I did have to go to DTD to get my rewards card it was very easy to do and points transfered are instantly ready for use. I never transfer all my points at once just in case I don't end up using all of them you can't transfer them back so I just call and transfer them as I need them. I've transfered them on the Magical Express bus haha.
    Sherry
    Beach Club 2015
    Pop Century 2014
    Beach Club 2013
    Animal Kingdom Villa 2012
    SSR Treehouse Villa 2011
    Port Orleans French Quarter 2010
    Beach Club 2009
    Coronado Springs 2007
    POR 2006
    Disney Institue Villas 2001

Post Thanks / Like

Best bet is to order the Redemption Card with the $25 minimum points, leave the rest in your "account" and not move the remaining balance over to your Redemption Card until right before you check into your resort. Then apply the Reward Points to your room account as a credit balance and that way there is no risk of loosing the Rewards Card with more than $25 on it. It's not that the Rewrad Cards cannot eventually be replaced, it just that it takes longer than just replacing your room key.

Also, if you have a statement drop during the middle of your trip, call the 800 number on the back of the Redemption Card and move your newly-earned points over and the have the front desk apply those rewards to room account purchases as well.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I did take the extra effort and look for my Rewrds Card, as I think it didn't expire until 12/11.

But since I didn't find it, I will order one today. Beats waiting in a guest relations line.

Thanks!
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: