Quantcast Tiki Room will be officially back online tomorrow! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Mrs Mousemates will be delighted to know that the "annoying birds" are gone.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Does this mean I have to change my name here on Intercot??

I will miss the Tiki Goddess but am SO glad that the original show is back (minus Offenbach). That is the show I fell in love with as a kid. Now I can share it with my girls. They never liked the 'new' show because it was so loud and crazy.

Can't wait to hear those Tiki gods singing and see the 'rain' falling outside the windows...

Hmm, maybe I'll talk hubby into staying at the Polynesian next trip so we can do the complete Tiki-themed trip...

Kathy
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Yay! DH has never seen the old version, so I look forward to showing it to him. Now if they would only do the same to Imagination.....
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back yesterday and got to see the "new" version I had only ever known the new management version, so it was a nice change...DM told me its pretty much how she remembers it from when she was little!
    A dream is a wish your heart makes<3 (:

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SHORTY View Post
    I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it since I've never seen the original (in person)

I didn't dislike UNM but it wasn't a must do. I usually skipped a year between doing it.
    I'm the same way. I grew up hearing the tiki room song and was always disappointed when Iago interrupted it.
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

I too will miss the UNM. I'll be curious to see what they've done with the preshow; is it back to the original too?
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I am looking forward to seing the Tiki Room in it's old/new format. The UNM format was ok, I enjoyed it and I want to se if I remember any of the old show from my early trips to the World.
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWCrazyKaren View Post
    Yay! Now if they would only do the same to Imagination.....
    I was thinking the very same thing.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

I will miss the UNM version, but I am happier they are bringing back the original. It also gives me a chance to show my 2 nieces a piece of WDW history come back to life. Something else I was thinking about why they are changing it back to the original/new show, with the fire kind of being a blessing in disguise, is how much longer would they be willing to pay the royalties for having to use Gilbert Gottfried (Iago), Michael Gough (Zazu), Don Rickles (William), Jerry Orbach (the newer Fritz voice) and Phil Hartman's (Morris) voices. So money could also be a factor here as well. Cheaper to go back to the original show with a few tweeks than to pay voice royalties for big name stars, 2 of which are no longer with us.
    28 times to WDW and still going since 1984!! Most recent visit: November/December 2011...Far too long since my last visit! :'(

Personally, I believe it didn't start with a mouse. It started with a man that had one of the greatest imaginations in this world.

Post Thanks / Like

AWESOME! Just saw the original at Disneyland last month! Glad they didn't change it there...

So glad to read that they've ditched the "New Management" at WDW.
    POFQ - 1995
    CBR - 1999
    POR - 2001
    WL - May 2006
    BCR - April 2010
    PPH (Disneyland) - July 2011
    BWI - Dec 2012 - Anniversary Trip!
    DCL & SoG 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I thought Rowan Atkinson was the voice of Zazu. No worries!

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to seeing this in our up-coming trip in Sept!!
    "From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. From the inside looking out you can't explain it"

Jul 84: TravelLodge (Kissimee)
    Sep 02: All-Star Sports
    Mar 06: Coronado Springs
    Sep 11: Wilderness Lodge
    Apr 15: Wilderness Lodge
    Next Trip - Sep 20: Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We are sooooooooooo looking forward to seeing this in November!!!

I couldn't stand the UNM version ... totally obnoxious and tacky IMO, but the old version is a classic. When I saw it in DL it almost made me weep openly at the travesty the WDW version had become.

Thank goodness sanity has been restored on the East Coast.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

So, is the pre-show still the one using the late Phil Hartman? As it is the only reference to him at WDW and was done just before he was murdered, I hope it is still there. I'm fine with changing the show itself back, though,if they changed any of Jerry Orbach's contributions, who did they use as a substitute, since he has also passed away?
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

The pre-show returns to the original for Tropical Serenade featuring Claude (voiced by Sebastian Cabot) and Clyde (Dal McKennon)

Sebastian Cabot performed voices for many Disney films- notably as Bagheera in Jungle Book and as the narrator for Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day and Hunny Tree.

Dal McKennon will sound familiar from voice work in the parks on Big Thunder Mountain's safety spiel and as Zeke in the Country Bear Jamboree.

The voices for the host macaws in the main show are Jose (Wally Boag), Michael (Fulton Burley), Pierre (Ernie Newton) and Fritz (Thurl Ravenscroft)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
    The pre-show returns to the original for Tropical Serenade featuring Claude (voiced by Sebastian Cabot) and Clyde (Dal McKennon)

Sebastian Cabot performed voices for many Disney films- notably as Bagheera in Jungle Book and as the narrator for Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day and Hunny Tree.

Dal McKennon will sound familiar from voice work in the parks on Big Thunder Mountain's safety spiel and as Zeke in the Country Bear Jamboree.

The voices for the host macaws in the main show are Jose (Wally Boag), Michael (Fulton Burley), Pierre (Ernie Newton) and Fritz (Thurl Ravenscroft)
    Boo!!! I'll miss Phil Hartman...at least for Jerry Orbach, I still have Philarmagic.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: